Trying to share Gospel but finding it hard!

Hi family in Christ Jesus!

Not sure if anyone feeling the same, but I find it so hard to share Gospel with others and have it come out properly from my mouth if that makes sense :see_no_evil:. I know what I want to say but it never comes out that way, and if anything it puts me offā€¦
Just today I tried to talk to a fellow neighbour whoā€™s doing work at my home and share the good news but it just didnt come out the way it was meant to and to be honest, I think I made it worse :upside_down_face:
I am so eager to share the good news and the love of the Lord with others as dont want anyone left behind, maybe Iā€™m just meant to have a different role lol.
Sorry for going onā€¦ but does anyone else ever feel like this or is it just meā€¦
Thanks xx

6 Likes

Of course we all struggle with sharing sometimes with certain people. Bringing them 1 step closer to Jesus is something that you should strive for 1st. I have been trying to minister to a friend of mine for months and he is open to Bible Prophecy and he is Jewish. So I am connecting things in a different way as he is interested in the Prophecy. Each time I try to subtly bring in why Christians support Israel and the fact that God made a covenant with Israel and with the Church. He is openly asking now and I slowly share the Gospel by connecting prophecy. I am now talking about the 144K to him and how they are sealed by God. Moving into the coming of Christ and how he can be saved is a slow process. God will let you know when the time is right in your heart to share. But one step closer to Jesus should always be the goal as maybe someone else will save that persons soul but it was you who opened their heart to the word. Do not be discouraged but keep the faith and be patient with yourself.

1 Like

Thankyou :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for your reply. I know every thing is in Gods timing and the Holy Spirit will do the work as the occasion arises. But as you say, one step closer to Jesus. I agree with you. :blush:

1 Like

Hi Carly! Greetings from the Netherlands.

You are not alone. It happens to me as well. Itā€™s like your mouth and brains doesnā€™t know the words to speak like your heart does. Iā€™ve learned to carefully pick the moments/time to speak. It took me a lot of prayer and the courage thanks to the Holy Spirit to finally tell my husband that itā€™s for Jesusā€™ sacrifice, the blood band, that we only can be saved. My husband is muslim by the way. It took me years to stay calm and focused in this conversation, because usually I just go blabber mouth and give up :sweat_smile:. Pray for the Holy Spirit to give you the right words at the right time. God knows your heart. And, who knows!? Perhaps the conversation with your neighbour didnā€™t go as you hoped, you may still leave your neighbour thinking about it. Itā€™s about planting seeds. With the right amount of water and sun it will come to grow.

Have a blessed day!!

2 Likes

Amen to that sister! I totally know where you are coming from. Yes I will keep praying and asking. God bless to you and your family and have a fabulous day!

1 Like

Hi Caroline,

I totally understand what you mean!

I donā€™t really have the gift of speaking - more so the gift of listening and analysing. Usually I tend to ā€˜trip upā€™ over myself and the points I make donā€™t make sense in the context. Sometimes I think faster than I can speak and the words come out in the wrong order donā€™t come out at all! I know what I want to say, but the result is a mess.

Because of this I believe my calling is more for the ā€˜creativity preachingā€™. This is where I mailbox drop the ABCs and write detailed posts on forums (give you one guess which one) to help others who are getting started with Christianity or who have questions.

Thatā€™s not to say I donā€™t try to tell people about the gospel where possible, but what Iā€™m trying to say is that itā€™s mostly done via texts where I have time to formulate the sentences properly so itā€™s not a dogā€™s breakfast so to speak!

Perhaps your gifts lie in something slightly different? As long as you can get them thinking about the life after this life you would be able to show them J.Dā€™s videos, and then J.D does all the hard work haha.

Just my thoughts

• God Bless
    Chris
2 Likes

I remind myself that if the LIVING WORD isnā€™t well received we must take to heart Jesusā€™ wordsā€¦If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. So fear notā€¦speak THE TRUTH for the truth is everything!

Iā€™m sorry to hear that you are going through this sorrowful situation. You have tried your best, and so my advice to you would be to let go and let Godā€¦
Sometimes with our loved ones when we go on and on, it can push them further away the other direction. Maybe thatā€™s similar to what Jesus was saying when he said a prophet is never welcomed in his hometown Luke 4:24.
Itā€™s a choice we all have to make whether to accept or reject. Its individual and it cant be forced upon a person however heartbreaking that may be.
If I may suggest to you to keep praying for your niece and family members that the Lord may do a work in their heart, and just leave it in HIS precious hands. He is the miracle worker. May the Lord give you peace in your heart. I will also pray for you and your family. God bless. Xx

1 Like

When trying to share the Gospel and feeling frustrated with either myself or those that wont listen I have to remind myself of the following and the surrounding parables that Jesus taught:

Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
Matthew:13:18-23

As deception is ramping up unfortunately the seed is getting harder to sow. I know this may be of little comfort, especially with those we love most. I have been praying for a long time that people, especially my family, will become the good ground and let the word of the kingdom grow.

1 Like

Carly.
Thanks for your insight. Each one determines their own fate. At the very least, God knows I tried.

Iā€™m the same way. Evangelism doesnā€™t come naturally for me, and Iā€™ve felt so guilty about it. When Iā€™ve tried to push it, I too felt like I made it worse. Yet there have been many times Iā€™ve found myself in the middle of telling people about Christ and wondered how we even got into the conversation. I sometimes wonder if we put too much emphasis on reaping and not enough on sowing and watering and letting God give the increase. I think I finally figured out that evangelism isnā€™t the only gift or even the most important gift, yet we treat it as if it is. Ephesiansā€¬ ā€­4:11ā€¬ ā€­says, ā€œAnd he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers.ā€ And I donā€™t think that is necessarily an exhaustive list. Iā€™ve finally begun to recognize that my strength seems to be teaching and encouraging other believers to go deeper in Christ. The important thing is to be faithful where He puts you.
ā€­ā€­

1 Like

Loving community,

We must RUFFLE SOME FEATHERS!

Oh boy, I didnā€™t to hear this from JD in his last Bible study the 8th of Nov. But itā€™s true!

Ruffle those feathers.

And YES itā€™s so hard and difficult (imagine talking to a muslim family :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Ah Sandy! Thankyou, for putting some things into perspective for me :blush:
You are so right! Xxx

1 Like

I feel like the Lord has shown me that reaching people for Christ cannot be approached as if it were a ā€œone size fits all.ā€ You would rescue people from a fire differently than you would rescue someone on a ledge or backing towards the edge of a cliff. In a fire you must rush in and grab people out. Running toward someone on a cliff would likely cause them to back away and fall to their death. I know so many people who have completely turned away from Christ because people have tried to push them before they were ready.

We need to be sensitive to the Lordā€™s leading. People often have a wall built up and the door locked and barred. We have to respect that wall. One book - ā€œFriendship Evangelismā€ - said it best - we can try to batter the door down or we can try to come in as a friend through the back door. I truly understand how much you care. Perhaps you can watch for ways to show the Lordā€™s love by listening to her concerns and anger. Perhaps you can find other ways to reach her - and I mean this very kindly - maybe even by apologizing for trying to push her into it. You could tell her you were only doing it because you care so much. Perhaps put yourself in her shoes and try to understand how you would feel if someone attempted to completely change your beliefs. Itā€™s a huge change for her. Pray for the Lord to show her her need. It is the Holy Spiritā€™s job to bring her to repentance. Give Him time to work. Just a thought.

1 Like

Wow! I didnā€™t expect such a scathing rebuke from a fellow Christian. Please be kind. Iā€™m not the enemy. And you totally missed my point. I was NOT suggesting that you apologize for talking about Christ!!! I probably should not have suggested this at all, because apparently you misunderstood, but I was suggesting that you might gain some inroads by apologizing for your approach. Apparently you donā€™t think thatā€™s a good idea and thatā€™s fine. I just know a soft answer turns away wrath. I was just suggesting that a different approach might work.

ā€œKeep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.ā€

ā€­ā€­Judeā€¬ ā€­1:21-23ā€¬ ā€­KJVā€¬ā€¬

Sandy,
Oh my goodnessā€¦Iā€™m so very sorry to have offended you. In all sincerity I never meant for my response to sound like or be considered a scathing rebuke. Unfortunately not knowing exactly what my approach was you assumed that I was pushing her into listening, All I said was that Iā€™ve never been closer to God, saying without my faith I would be lost then asked if we could talk about Jesus. It went no further than that. She was livid at the mere mention of Jesus name saying if I ever mentioned it again sheā€™d hang up and cut me out of her life.so I let it go. Apologizing for that would feel as if I were ashamed of my faith and Jesus. Though the realityā€¦itā€™s not as if I told her she was risking hell. Now THAT could be offensive considering all of her loved ones have chosen their horrific fate.
I ache knowing that my father, sister and the rest of my family are so closed that the mere mention of God or Jesus creates such hatred. I beg your forgiveness

Thank you for your kind response. I, too, am sincerely sorry for misunderstanding how you handled it. It sounds like you handled it very well. I know it really hurts so deeply to have someone reject you, your faith, and your precious Savior. Iā€™ll pray for you and your family whenever I think of it.

1 Like

Sandy,
I just want you to know that even after so many days have passed my conscience is still grieved knowing that Iā€™d offended or hurt you. Knowing that words can crush and be deadlyā€¦once again, my heartfelt apologies are being sent your way.

My dear Christian sister, please donā€™t think another thing about it. Iā€™ve also felt very badly that I misunderstood you. You were deeply hurt first by your family, then again by me. So I, too, ask your forgiveness. As for me, itā€™s under the blood of Christ, finished. I will meet you some day in Heaven and I know weā€™ll be best friends. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

YES Sandy, I canā€™t wait!

1 Like