Update On Me From My Previous Post

Thank you Raining. I assume you are talking about the post from ready2fly. I realize some will not “approve” of my past and judge me. I was afraid to post but figured if anyone would pray for me and give me hope, fellow Christians would.
I appreciate you sticking up for me. Luckily others chimed in to give me good advice so I am taking their advice and focusing on how to fight off the negative thoughts. I never claimed I have no responsibility for my thoughts or actions but admitted they can consume me. Ready2fly may not understand what that is like. I love my husband dearly and appreciate him. I do as much as I can to make him happy. Im not sure where this person got the idea I dont. I like Jon’s advice and am using that. You are correct though, I will not put a post up again. I feel bad enough as it is, I dont need to be kicked when I am asking for prayers and advice.

1 Like

It may not get me dancing but it might make the demons flee faster! :rofl: SO glad my kids were too old for that show.

1 Like

I wasn’t “shaming” her. On the other hand, there are things we should feel ashamed for. That word has been deleted from society, and we are all suffering for it. For instance, shouldn’t the rioters burning down Portland feel ashamed?
Back to your comment; 2 Thess 3:1413 As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good. 14 If anyone does not obey what we say in this letter, take note of that person, and have nothing to do with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

1 Like

God is our judge. We are to warn gently, not with shaming. And yes, that is indeed what’s happening. I flagged your comment. There are forum rules here on proper conduct for a reason.

2 Likes

@Janedoe Raining grace was replying to another post, not yours. I don’t think she was referring to YOU not posting again, please don’t leave!

As Hebrews 10:23-25 tells us,

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Closing this thread, there was no need for things to devolve into bickering.

Strive to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things.” (Galatians 5:22-23a)

4 Likes