Verses of the Bible for calming of the soul :)

Does anyone know Bible verses which can help you(r soul) with struggeling financial?
Dont know if I am to be for asking questions about it, because there are many, many people who struggle more than I on the world. But fact is, since I became a mother, my social status has been descending and since I became a single mother it became catastrophic.
I cant remember letting me go but I have a very unusual biography. So I have not been able to build up a solid foundation financially…
I fetched my high school diploma, I passed through a Bachelor study and actually have only a very small job (small income) and I am trying to get a Master degree as well…

I am tired! I didn`t take a vaccation for more than 20 (!!!) years.

I am trapped in a toxic circle of being a mother too early (without having finished a education with a certificate) and then become a single mother, which left me more destroyed financially than before.

I am shy and dont like to work for companies which I cant identify with. Also I have problems with getting in contact with people, its often too much for me…so I had to quit one job in the past…

I only work as private tutor and this is more a job for students age 18, than a single mother with 2 adolescent children…

Any ideas? I know I can read matthew, I love it, but are there more bible verses which could help me through?

I have to say I am a little bit ashamed to asking for help so regularly and answer on other postings seldom… sorry.

4 Likes

Proverbs 3:5-6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Corinthians 2:9, But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

Matthew 11:28-30, 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Isaiah 41:10,
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

John 16:22, So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.

Philippians 4:6-7, Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

John 16:33, I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

James 1:2-3, Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance

John 14:27, Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Deuteronomy 31:6, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

10 Likes

With all the load you’re carrying right now, Ann, no need to apologise for not making time to comment much on other’s posts. I remember a time in my life when I had to reach out a lot for help. It takes some humility and courage, especially if you are on the shy side.

In addition to Bible verses such as @1jewel has shared, I have found it most helpful to read certain accounts of fatih-based missions or ministries.

One I know was founded in Germany - If you click on the German flag top RH corner, it will take you to the German edition of the book, Realities. Also,

• books by Amy Carmichael , missionary to India, such as Gold Cord

• biographies of Hudson Taylor, missionary to China

• the book by the Dutch evangelist, Brother Andrew, God’s Smuggler

Of course, God’s Word :bible:is all we need, and you may not have time :mantelpiece_clock: for much reading while caring for teenage children, plus studying and working.

Praying for you to experience God’s peace and His provision for your needs day by day.

3 Likes

I work as a tutor for a technical college and during covid shutdown we started tutoring online through Tutorocean.com It is an easy software to learn.
Anyone can sign up to tutor all over the world( I think) . I am not sure how the pay system is. PayPal or Venmo I think.
Hope that helps. I’ll pray for you also.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your ideas, your suggestions and bible verses.

Thank you!

2 Likes