Watchers scattered around the world

Some of us have grieved that we feel(are) alone in our sphere as we watch for our blessed hope.
( Titus 2:13) But I think the Lord gave me some understanding about this.
Is it possible that we are scattered because of
A:
our current influence of coursel (even if we feel like we don’t have much or any)

OR

B:
perhaps our greatest ‘witness’ to our sphere of influence is when we turn up missing?!

We know our Great God is all wise, all knowing and merciful! Isn’t He Wonderful?!!!

8 Likes

same. i see it the same as you! praise God!

also, similarly, my husband knows of only ONE family where they ALL refused the vax etc. but besides that, it seems like we are ALL greatly outnumbered. few friends here and there who are in disagreement with their families over this. your post isn’t about covid, but the same concept has definitely applied- it has made me feel like we are spread out for a reason. <3

8 Likes

Pondering on this gives me much needed comfort, because I have had these same thoughts, @Anchored Lelita. In our moments of feeling so scattered and isolated, we can know that God has His purpose in it all. Thank you for this discussion!

8 Likes

Agree!
Certainly God Almighty has put us wherever we are for reasons, this being likely a main one.

6 Likes

I was thinking about this too about 2 weeks ago when our sister Margaret was being discharged from hospital isolated, all alone in Ireland. I wanted so bad to take her some soup I had made for Mike and me. Several times I asked the Lord why we lived so far apart? I live in the U.S and waaay down south in New Orleans. It turned out that He alone got her through her recovery. I am sure she became even closer to Him while in need.
And this led me to think about Israel when no one comes to help when Russia, Iran and Turkey come to attack her. It is precisely at this time Israel will turn their hearts back to their God when they see He alone has intervened to save her.
Hallelujah

6 Likes