Welcome & Introductions! šŸ‘‹

Thank you Stephmerm

I will not give up on them. :pray:

6 Likes

Welcome to the Family of God Liz! I was raised New Age myself but came to see the light as a young adult.

I also have unbelieving family; that is so very hard! My (believing) husband and I were just now with our 2 grown unbelieving, left-leaning sons. We had fun together but I just find myself SAD, SAD, SAD. I know their future and we are not allowed to mention Jesus to them anymore. It all seems like a charade we play, knowing the truth yet forbidden to mention it any longer. I also pray daily for them to open their eyes and receive Jesus into their hearts before itā€™s too late.

God bless you, there in beautiful England!!! (I am in Oregon, the west side of the Cascade Range is similar to your weather).

9 Likes

Thank you Debbie for your lovely welcome.

Yes, having unbelieving loved ones is very difficult and sad. Only God kniws truly their hearts. I pray that if they donā€™t hear the Gospel from us that they hear it from someone else or by other means so that their hearts are eventually turned away from the world and towards our Lord and saviour. :pray::heart::pray:

3 Likes

I also came out of the Catholic Church. I had bought a copy of the ā€˜catholic catechismā€™ many years ago when I saw Pope John Paul II praying with snake charmers, witchdoctors etc in Assisi Italy and I knew something was wrong. When I read the ā€˜catechismā€™ and compared it to the Old King James Bible - tons of things were the exact opposite.

My husband and I also went to a Hillsong church in Sydney Australia for about 6 weeks when this hideous ā€˜torronto blessing/curseā€™ hit and witnessed people falling over making animal noises and cartwheeling down the aisles of the church and walked out of there. But the good thing was, for the first time ever it got us to start reading the Bible daily to try and figure everything out. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 tells us to ā€˜prove all thingsā€™. This is more important now than ever to test everything. Acts 17:11 says that those of Thessalonica ā€œsearched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.ā€

The best advice I can give is to make sure and read the Bible daily. My husband and I read It together first thing in the morning (5 chapters in the Old Testament and 2 in the New Testament). We play the audio of Alexander Scourby reading it, and read along with him; he does the best rendition I have ever heard. He was a famous shakespearean actor.

I feel like by doing this over the years we have gotten to know who God is and I can even figure out what he would say about certain things and the way he might react - just like you get to know a close friend.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve [LISTENED] to those on YouTube as well. Iā€™ve even listened to Johnny Cash audio Bible readings. Those were kinda fun too. I didnā€™t know Scourby was a Shakespearian actor though. Thatā€™s pretty cool to find out and validates why his narration is as it is. Thanks for that insight!

5 Likes

Youā€™ll be amazed how good his reading is. I feel like even his intonations are perfect which really helps us to understand the meaning of the passage and what Godā€™s attitude is. You can find this for free on a website earnestly contending for the faith. I donā€™t really look at anything else on their site, just go directly to his Bible reading. My husband also downloaded his reading on his phone. I think we bought a download of it many years ago.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your incredible testimony. Both my daughters came out of LBGTQ community and witchcraft. My oldest was a practicing witch. Since both have repented and turned her life for Christ. God never gives up and his love endures forever. I canā€™t wait to read more of your posts :wink:

7 Likes

Beautiful share. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome testimony. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, that is just awesome!! nice to meet you. :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Veru nice to meet you too :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your testimony too. Yes, we need to learn to immerse ourselves in the word of the Lord in order to walk righteously in this fallen world and in order to be sure that we are worshipping in ā€œspirit and truthā€. How else can we know whether we are walking according to his will if we donā€™t know him and his word intimately? :pray: xx

2 Likes

Wow! What a great journey you and your daughters have gone through! What a great transformation going from the dark to light of Godā€™s love. No, God NEVER gives up on us, EVER!

Praise be to him!:pray:

3 Likes

So true! This is why God has called the ā€˜Word of Godā€™ the ā€˜Sword of the Spiritā€™ in Ephesians chapter 6. And along with this we need ā€˜the shield of faithā€™. The more oil we put in our lamps the better!!! (Matthew chapter 23 has got to be one of the most terrifying chapters in the Bible). His footsteps are at the door!

2 Likes

Hi, Staceyā€¦Iā€™ve reactivated my profile on this forum. Blessings and maranatha!

5 Likes

Hi Cynthia,

You made it! Yay :blush:
Blessings and Maranatha

2 Likes

Hello everybody :wave:

6 Likes

Welcome. I came back too just recently.

3 Likes

Welcome Jimbo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome back Cynthia :slight_smile: