What’s on Your Mind?

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

One night recently while attempting to fall asleep after praying, I thought about Philippians 4:8 and which of the traits I could attribute to something that past day.
The Bible and the world God created provide ample examples from which to learn or observe true, lovely, excellent, and praiseworthy etc. Yet to my bewilderment I couldn’t think of anything in that moment!
But as I shifted my perspective from the natural to the spiritual, I suddenly realized that those seven characteristics are the Word of God itself! The God-Head three in one is all these traits – not possesses them but is them and so much more. What a revelation! My bewilderment turned to amazement.

• True: God’s Word is true; Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life; The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.
  • Noble: All of God’s plans are noble and from everlasting to everlasting.
  • Right: All of God’s laws, commands, precepts, and judgements are right.
  • Pure: God’s Word is pure – the pure milk of the Word.
  • Lovely: The Lord’s dwelling place is lovely – the Lord Himself being our dwelling and hiding place.
  • Admirable: All the handiworks of the Lord in the natural world as well as in transformed lives are admirable.
  • Excellent/Praiseworthy: The name of the Lord is excellent and worthy to be praised.

We can compare Philippians 4:8 to Psalm 1:2: “but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night”.
What we love, we think about. If we love the Lord, we will think about Him continually. And as we think of Him, we will begin to see Him in every day things around us and in situations.
I observe the excellence of God’s creation when I admire the rolling hills with different hues of green; the blue sky with funny-shaped clouds; the birds in my garden chirping their morning melody; the rain to satisfy the thirst of the grass and flowers; or a gentle breeze on a hot day. Or I can even be thankful for thelovely cup of coffee I enjoy during my quiet times.
Even so, as a wise preacher once said, if you can’t find anything for which to be thankful, you can thank God for Jesus!

If you have trouble seeing, ask the Lord to open your eyes to the reality of Philippians 4:8. We all need a fresh perspective periodically for reassurance, growth, strength, and courage.

GOD IS EVERYWHERE AND IN EVERYTHING AND
SO IS HIS WORD; HE IS HIS WORD.

27 Likes

Absolutely Beverly, Amen, praise God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Your last line of ‘He is his Word’ reminded me of John 1:1 - ‘In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.’

I totally get what you are saying. God bless.

4 Likes

hi there brothers n sisters in Christ…Hope ur well and doing fine.

I got very excited when i came across a nugget of info and wanted to share with my people.

This is pure Math: Dr. Peter Stoner was a Christian writer and Chairman of the Math Department at Pasedena City College.

He calculated 456 OT prophecies that pertain to a future person…Jesus.
Just fulfilling 8 of these is 1 in 10 to the 28th power!!!
Fulfiling 48 of these is 1 in 10 to the 157th power!!!

NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND HAS THIS HAPPENED BY ANYONE ELSE.

SO, JUST PURE MATH CONCLUDES THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST, THE SAVIOUR, THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS.

can’t find this in the quran or the bhagavad gita or the tao te ching and the list goes on.

3 Likes

That reads quite thrilling. But what do the numbers mean? I’m not gifted in the understanding of pure math; I get by with basic math. :slight_smile: Is there a link to this info. I’d like to read more.

hi there brothers n sisters in Christ…Hope ur well and doing fine.

I got very excited when i came across a nugget of info and wanted to share with my people.

This is pure Math: Dr. Peter Stoner was a Christian writer and Chairman of the Math Department at Pasedena City College.

He calculated 456 OT prophecies that pertain to a future person…Jesus.
Just fulfilling 8 of these is 1 in 10 to the 28th power!!!
Fulfiling 48 of these is 1 in 10 to the 157th power!!!

NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND HAS THIS HAPPENED BY ANYONE ELSE.

SO, JUST PURE MATH CONCLUDES THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST, THE SAVIOUR, THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS.

can’t find this in the quran or the bhagavad gita or the tao te ching and the list goes on.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m not gifted in math either. But the numbers tell us that what are the chances that 1 man, Jesus, could fulfill even just 8 of these. The chances are:
1 in 10 x 10 x 10…and u do this 28 times. And those are the chances!!! And that’s just 8 prophecies!!!
There are many links on the internet: sum simple, sum complex. I chose the simple one.
But if u want more info just type in : Dr Peter Stoner.
Happy hunting :blush:.

1 Like

Thanks! I sure will. God bless you.

1 Like

So glad I stumbled upon your post, Beverly. What a ginormous blessing :smiley:

1 Like

God bless u 2 sister :smiley:

1 Like

Also, I would definitely recommend: a utube channel called RockIslandBooks and the video ur looking for is: End Times-Daniel UNSEALED! (2021 Great Tribulation).
This guy does an Amazing job with visuals and numbers from the Gregorian, Hebrew and Enoch calendars to draw out the timeline for the Rapture.
I cant send the link from my tv ( that’s where it’s bookmarked ), but will try on my phone.
Must watch, his calculations are perfectly aligned with Scripture!!!

1 Like

I found it :+1:

1 Like

You can read his amazing work in its entirety online at sciencespeaks.dstoner.net
From creation of the sun, moon, and stars to Christ, Dr.Stoner explains the mathematical probabilities. It’s great!

1 Like

Thank u. Will definitely check it out. I believe Math is the Universal Language. 1+1=2 EVERYWHERE.
And Dr Stoner’s work proves that Jesus is indeed The Christ!!!
How very exciting :smiley:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/Yi7DD6NCGrI

This is a visual math calc using all types of calendars: Gregorian, Hebrew, Enoch, etc. To find the Rapture timeline. He is so precise that he matches it with Scripture!!
So Very Exciting :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

I read this poem the other day in “Streams of the Desert” September 17th
( a book of 366 Daily Devotional Readings by L.B. Cowman)

“Give me a new idea,” I said

While musing on a sleepless bed

A new idea that will bring to earth

A balm for souls of priceless worth

That will give men thoughts of things above

And teach them how to serve and love

That will banish every selfish thought

And rid men of the sins they’ve fought.

The new thought came, just how, I’ll tell

It was when on bended knee I fell

And sought from Him, who knows full well

The way our sorrow to expel

SEE GOD IN ALL THINGS, great and small

And give Him praise, whatever befalls

In life or death, in pain or woe

See God, and overcome thy foe.

I saw Him in the morning light

He made the day shine clear and bright

I saw Him in the noontide hour

And gained from Him refreshing shower

At eventide, when worn and sad

He gave me help, and made me glad

At midnight, when on tossing bed

My weary soul to sleep He led.

I saw Him when great losses came

And found He loved me just the same

When heavy loads I had to bear

I found He lightened every care

By sickness, sorrow, sore distress

He calmed my mind with gladsome praise

Since I gave Him the upward gaze.

It was new to me, yet old to some

This thought that to me has become

A revelation of the way

We all should live throughout the day

For as each day unfolds its light

We’ll walk by faith and not by sight

Life will, indeed, a blessing bring

If we SEE GOD IN EVERYTHING.

—-A. E. Finn

2 Likes

That is a well-written poem that says it all in beautiful prose. Thank you for that.

3 Likes