🦊 What's the word I'm looking for...?

“Whosheee”… my “go to” word for any person, place or thing that I cannot remember the proper word or name for :laughing:

3 Likes

My favorite word when I can’t remember the proper word or name for something is ‘thingy’. You know, that ‘thingy’ we saw blah blah blah. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Yup. Me too. Other than the fact that I am an older skinny female.

1 Like

That plus what’s it whoosy what’s it. I can’t remember where I got that from.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m so looking forward to the Rapture and the Bema Seat. I’m looking forward to hearing every one of those stories and knowing my fellow believers on a deeper level than anything possible on this earth.

I love this post, by the way. I love words myself. I usually do a crossword puzzle everyday because it exposes me to words I’ve never seen before.

Blessings
Sue

4 Likes

Woogety - the sound your shopping cart makes when the wheels are off…woogety, woogety, woogey. Also meaning that something is off.

4 Likes

i love the word “Halo”
i tend to say Halo instead of Hello.
i personally do not like to say Hello… i do type it sometimes but i much rather type Halo and say Halo to people. Lol

2 Likes

Wow @FoxMan ! This is marvelous! I had no idea that I could be so well defined. I need to write these down so I can remember who I am. Ha

I had linguistics in the seventh grade. I think I was the only one that liked that class. You reminded me of how much I love words that express SO much…. more. Thank you very much!!!:heart::heart:

1 Like

Kairosclerosis
Hilariously sad.

1 Like

Is it the same as a kerfuffle?

2 Likes

It might be. I got it from the Anne of Green Gables series. Marilla used to say it about Anne. “What kind of cafaful has she gotten into now?”

3 Likes

Two of my most favoritest words :yum:

8 Likes

And a delicious candy bar as well!

2 Likes

Purloin

• To put off; prolong; delay.
  • To set back or aside; put away; remove.
  • To remove, carry off, or take for one’s self; hence, to take by theft; filch; steal.
  • To practice theft.

Filch

• To take (something, especially something of little value) in a furtive manner; snitch. synonym: steal.
  • To steal or take privily (commonly, that which is of little value); to pilfer.

Pilfer

• To steal (a small amount or item). synonym: steal.
  • To steal or filch.
  • To steal in small quantities, or articles of small value; to practice petty theft.

Obfuscate

• To make so confused or opaque as to be difficult to perceive or understand.
  • To render indistinct or dim; darken.
  • To darken; to obscure; to becloud.

Bereft

• Deprived of something.
  • Lacking something needed or expected.
  • Suffering the death of a loved one; bereaved.

Destitute

• Lacking resources or the means of subsistence; completely impoverished.
  • Utterly lacking; devoid.
  • Forsaken; not having in possession (something necessary, or desirable); deficient; lacking; devoid; – often followed by of.

Devoid

• Completely lacking; destitute or empty.
  • Void; empty; vacant.
  • Destitute; not in possession; – with of

Emptied

• Having nothing inside or on the surface; holding or containing nothing.
  • Unburdened; relieved.
  • Not put to purposeful use; idle.
  • Lacking force or power.
  • Lacking purpose or substance; meaningless.
  • Devoid; destitute.

Surfeit

• To feed or supply to excess, satiety, or disgust.
  • To overindulge.
  • Overindulgence in food or drink.
  • The result of such overindulgence; satiety or disgust.
  • An excessive amount.

Forfeit

• To lose or give up (something) on account of an offense, error, or failure to fulfill an agreement.
  • To subject to seizure as a forfeit.
  • Something that is lost or given up on account of an offense, error, or failure to fulfill an agreement.
  • The act of forfeiting.
  • In parlor games, an item placed in escrow and redeemed by paying a fine or performing an appointed task.
  • A game in which forfeits are demanded.
  • Lost or subject to loss through forfeiture.
2 Likes

This destitute old woman is devoid of understanding in trying to figure out exactly what it is you are trying to say here @FoxMan. I am bereft of understanding and I think you have obfuscated the matter. Therefore I will purloin the whole matter until you explain yourself. Perhaps I should just forfeit the whole idea.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11 Likes

Wow @DallasT you take “use it in a sentence” to a whole new level. :grin:

6 Likes

smatchet

Scottish
: a contemptible unmannerly person

4 Likes

sacrosanct

• Not to be violated, criticized, or tampered with

resplendent

• very bright and attractive

hallowed

• deserving honor and respect

Words Related to “hallowed

• honorable, reputable, respectable
  • considered, esteemed, honored, respected, reverenced
  • admirable, distinguished, estimable, redoubtable, worthy
  • good, moral, noble, righteous
3 Likes

I like this word. I may have to use it more often than I want…when driving, lol.

1 Like

7 Likes