Wicked, Dirty Spirits

June 07, 2022

Wicked, Dirty Spirits

Matthew 12:43-45 (KJV) When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

I am sure you know how trying it is to keep a vehicle or a house clean. Before you know it, your attempts to keep something valuable spotless run amuck as dirt continues to come and render filthy that you are trying to keep pristine. You know how it is; even a slight puff of wind and the dust comes back seemingly with a vengeance to cover the surfaces you have worked so hard to keep clean! As you know, physical cleaning is a never-ending job.

So it is spiritually speaking as well. Right here in this scripture from the book of Matthew, God tells us that though a dirty or corrupt spirit leaves a soul, it will come back to the same place again with a disrespectful attempt to invade the spiritual space again. Only the second time, God warns, the invasion of this world-based dirt and grime will be worse than the first go around, and things go from bad to worse to even harsher.

If the crack or crevice is left open for the second invasion of such wickedness or filth accumulation, this indeed is worse.

But, God can shut the door and not allow any additional entry just as a person can clean smarter, not harder to remove and deny the accumulation of filth.
Please note that dark spirits are permitted to roam freely and leave heaps of dirt pile in the recesses of the mind and heart of spiritually lost and wayward souls. However, please understand that for any unclean spaces, just like vacant houses and vehicles piled in a junkyard, left alone will simply rot and rust. Just the same, lost souls offer space for satan’s brand of rot and ruin to dwell rent-free. However, spiritually regenerated souls allow God to seal the cracks and entrance points.

Indeed, you will not clean out your car or your home and then choose to leave the doors open for dirt to blow back inside. Certainly, you would ensure that the door and windows are shut tight to keep out the wind and adverse conditions. But, sadly, often, the same clean mindset does not consider closing the doors of the mind and the soul to avert receiving the grunge of the god of this world into their soul.

I hope you know that when God does the washing and sanctifying, He seals up any cracks and crevices to prevent any potential invasion of the impure spirits at work on this earth. Thus, though humans may leave a window cracked from time to time and face persecution and trials, God will not allow His spiritual family to face overrun by wickedness. God seals each humbled soul with lasting spiritual grout impenetrable by any dark spirits wishing to come in and take over the regenerate spiritual state of a soul.

Wicked, Dirty Spirits (mailchi.mp)