Your best fishing trip

Does anyone else like to go fishing. I love fishing. Share your childhood and adulthood fishing tales here. What’s you best fishing trip?

5 Likes

I love fishing. My parents took me fishing from age of three. It fascinated me. I loved being out in a boat holding a fishing rod. Aside from the family trips, my most memorable was in the Gulf of Mexico with a guide and people from my resort. I had a short stick with line tied around the middle and a fair sized hook with a chunk of fish or other meat on the end. No reel. You just rolled the stick in your hands. I saw fish jumping out of the water and flying birds i couldn’t recognize. I don’t remember anyone else catching anything, most red snappers and i caught a lot of fish. The guide cleaned them and cook deepfried them, heads off and gutted, salted heavily, no batter. Put them in the middle of the table and i invited everyone to join in. Each fish was bigger than any bass i ever caught. They were delicious and briefly, i was a star.

4 Likes

Hi ,
love fishing , nothing like having
your pole tug and reeling in
a fish !!! Then frying it up .
Florida was my best fishing
days , the fish would come
and eat from your hand .
Caught many fish when i
wanted a fish fry .

2 Likes

@DallasT , Hi dallas ,
how you doing ?

2 Likes

Good keeping busy. And you.

2 Likes

Keeping busy making beef
jerky today . I am amazed
at the secular news , they are
talking about bible prophecy
and have never read the bible !!!
We are close to the rapture

2 Likes

Oh, I sure hope so. I am so looking forward to Jesus coming. I don’t listen to any news and skip most of it on this forum as well. Hee Hee. Wanting to keep my peace for awhile longer.

You’ve been so busy canning and preserving food, you will be set if the Lord tarries. If not, some people sure will be happy with all your hard work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hi
Canning is becoming my hobby
and it keeps me busy . I hope
and pray that God will bring
a tribulation saints to our house
and they will be nourished .

3 Likes

Absolutely. There’s something great about feeling a fish on your line. Keep up the canning!!

1 Like

Dallas, I don’t follow the news much either. Not even here. It’s too depressing. I try and focus on the good things in the world. You have to. If you don’t you’ll go nuts.

3 Likes

Best fishing trip ever took place in Alabama when the striped bass went on a feeding frenzy. My husband instructed me to cast my lure in the midst of the chaos. I caught several 7-8 pounders…the stripers are fun to fight. Of course, we always catch and release. I’ll try to dig up a pic to post!

:smile_cat::fish:

3 Likes

Ya. Sitting in a boat and casting into a weed bed and catching Bass is about as good as it gets!

3 Likes