April 18 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Embellished on, was my part, It was a great quote, just had to add my lack of humor. Spit out the bones.

2 Likes

Not mine, but worthy of sharing:
“To those who are perishing, we are a dreadful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving perfume.” (2 Cor. 2:16, NLT).

Disciples of Christ smell like death to those who are perishing. Please note that we are not talking here about the elect of God who have not yet received it, but the lost and perishing.

This is a very important point that we are prone to missing in the modern Church. We need to understand that if we try to perfume ourselves so much that those who perish find our “aroma” pleasing and sweet, we strive in vain."

4 Likes

That would certainly explain the lack of reach I have had with some…

5 Likes

2 Corinthians 2:15-17 English Standard Version

15 For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, 16 to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? 17 For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God’s word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.

8 Likes

My favourite word in this post is the word “sincerity”. I love that word!

1 Like

He always made me a little uneasy…enough scripture to back up his teaching on the 30 min shows I used to watch, but some creepiness made me keep him at arm’s length.

1 Like