April 21, 2024: Revelation 1:15-18 -- What Jesus Does For Me

:bible2: Revelation 1:15-18 – What Jesus Does For Me

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: continues a verse-by-verse study through the book of Revelation and explains how John’s vision of Who Jesus is to me, also has powerful implications concerning what Jesus does for me.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_ComingQuickly_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

9 Likes

I got into the habit of reading the transcripts while I was having those difficulties watching his messages. I think I stepped into a few rabbit holes on this one. Let’s just say that his effervescent personality doesn’t always translate well into generic technical transcript writing. Although I could sometimes visualize his vocal emphasis as he tried to engage his congregation. I’m sure without his sense of humor he would be way too intense.

My mental image of Jesus is a product from two sources; an old 1946 painting by Max Wieczorek that hung above my Granny’s fireplace and the Shroud of Turin. Please don’t debate me on the latter. It’s what I want to believe. As for the painting, which now hangs in our hallway, Christ is looking right into me. It’s not the blue eyed “Hollywood” Jesus. He’s very serious and dark. It’s a great depiction, but may not be much like the Jesus who I’ll see in person.

It’s fascinating to me that JD emphasized the scripture about the sound of many waters. I love the sound of large waterfalls. We live near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and whenever I sit in my chair in the midst of the rapidly flowing rocky streams, that sound of rushing water becomes what you might call “white noise.” I really can’t hear anything else and I reflect on that scripture. Sometimes if the sun is glowing through the dense green canopy I simultaneously picture the Throne Room of God. Won’t it be fascinating to see just how much of our imagination was in fact, a sneak peek :star_struck:

I don’t want to convert the title of JD’s message into a personalized Sunday School question. I might be tempted to give a Sunday School answer. Jesus simply preoccupies my thoughts.

I think it would be okay for me to post the aforementioned painting…

6 Likes

6 Likes

Great picture. It has much scope for the imagination. Also, scripture says Jesus was quite ordinary looking. He wasn’t a handsome man like King David or Sampson, but oh, the eyes that look into the soul. Now that is truly my Jesus!

5 Likes

Hi Tony,

Someone told me one time that keeping a photo of Jesus in my home is an idol, there has been so many photos of Jesus but they all look different so i no longer have an image of Jesus’ face on my wall because i didn’t want to worship it anymore instead i worship Jesus in His Word from my heart and I talk to Jesus everywhere i go. I also keep Revelation chapter 1 open before i fall asleep helps me know God’s power is protecting me.

5 Likes

I’ve heard that as well about it being like an idol. I think in some circumstances that could be for some. I’ve even heard that a cross hanging could be as such…an idol. I probably wouldn’t have this painting if it wasn’t my Granny’s. When she passed away it was very hard. Although I do think it could closely resemble our Jesus because he looks like he’s from that region of the world, I keep it mainly because it reminds me that she was saved. She loved Jesus and talked about him often and read her Bible daily. When she died the relatives were like scavengers with her things. The painting was all I wanted. Monetarily it doesn’t have great value.

But I do know where your coming from. I fact, I have a difficult time watching Biblically based movies like The Passion or The Chosen because it annoys me that someone is posing as Jesus.

Yeshua HaMachiach is my Jesus. I belong to him.

Thank you for looking out for me :blush:. I have no problem taking (down) the picture part of the post for anyone if it isn’t right.

5 Likes

I understand it’s very special to you. When i keep my bible open before i fall asleep, this is the image of God i have in my mind.
‭Revelation 1:14
His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;

4 Likes

I was gonna say that I love that idea. I think I’ll try it. Every emotion within us will break loose in awesome wonder when we see Him. I wonder if we’ll be able to feel His nearness just before the Rapture. That’s where it’s wise to be watchful. Because if we’re too distracted by the world we might miss something; some special detail. An extra blessing. I don’t want to miss a thing. I am a thrill seeker and that will be the ultimate thrill to see Jesus and then live under His loving power for ever.

7 Likes

I appreciate you brother for always encouraging us in the forum! You’re a blessing :blush:

4 Likes

Well that’s great to hear! Folks say the same thing about you :slightly_smiling_face: btw. In fact, I love the whole bunch of ya!

5 Likes

Oh yes, dear brother. Our chicken skin will have chicken skin as JD often says…lol.

3 Likes

That right there is a marvelous point. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Amen X1000. There needs to be a 1000% emoji :+1: :100:

1 Like

Carol i trust you! If i was homeless and freezing lol i KNOW i just KNOW you would put a blanket on me and pray for me yes YOU my sister have a heart of gold :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Dear Stacey, I would do so much more. I have met several homeless and offered them food, money, and especially Jesus. Very few have wanted Jesus, but all have listened and heard the gospel. That is our true reason for living and what a living it is.

3 Likes

Gratitude is a transformative practice that enriches our relationship with God and shapes our entire outlook on life. Regardless of circumstances, we are called to give thanks in all situations, acknowledging God’s goodness (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Cultivating a lifestyle of gratitude involves intentionally focusing on the blessings we’ve received and expressing heartfelt thanks to God for His provision, protection, and love (Psalm 100:4).

This attitude of gratitude motivates us to serve God and others joyfully and generously. Recognizing the abundance of blessings in our lives inspires us to share those blessings with those around us. As we express gratitude through acts of service and generosity, we reflect God’s love and bring glory to your attitude of gratitude today!

Amen Stacey. Not only that, but in my case, it is clear that God has been showing me that a huge percentage of what I think in the negative is completely absolutely removed from reality. And being grateful is closer to what is actually real. Usually when people are delusional they are thinking like “pie-in-the-sky” thoughts. Like they are too optimistic as it were. But in my case its actually a delusion that just can’t quite grasp how awesome things really are. In Him. Yes. But not only in the future. Because He is “I AM,” we are pretty much talking about right now. :slight_smile: Thanks for the encouragement. Blessings dear sister.