April 25 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Hebrews 11:32-40. It would appear that to be listed in the Hall of Faith (Hebrews 11) one would have to be saved. Perhaps the way to come to a different finding is to ask, "Are there any other people in Hebrews chapter 11 listed that we know have been indicated to us as “not saved?”

Sampson is in the Hall of Faith. And of him, we read:

"having gained approval through their [his] faith"

And what more shall I say? For time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets, 33 who by faith conquered kingdoms, performed acts of righteousness, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight. 35 Women received back their dead by resurrection; and others were tortured, not accepting their release, so that they might obtain a better resurrection; 36 and others experienced mockings and scourgings, yes, also chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated 38 ( men of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves and holes in the ground.

39 And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

2 Likes

Hi Kevin, welcome to our forum. I think you captured Pastor JD in a unique and well described light. I like how you have described him here. And can related. Blessings.

4 Likes

Thank you so much this advice is greatly appreciated and makes perfect sense . I am going to limit other noises , reading material , as you hit the nail on the head it’s the inner noise I need to eradicate and nourish the soul , meditate on the word , I feel what you wrote has totally spoke to exactly what is wrong …

Thank you dear brother

3 Likes

Same with me. Looking back, I don’t think I was truly saved at age 12 when I said the sinner’s prayer at a revival at a neighborhood friend’s church. I was “accepting Jesus” so I wouldn’t go to hell. No idea why I’d go to hell, sin, God’s love, the Gospel, etc. I thought one “accepted Jesus as Savior” then went to church and tried to lead a good life. I did that - was in church every time the doors were open for 15 years, active in ministry, etc. but never had assurance of salvation - probably because I wasn’t saved. I got divorced and got into years of a lifestyle of sin. I ALWAYS believed the Bible & the Gospel, ALWAYS wanted to be saved but due to the “foundation” of not knowing the Gospel I was trying to “be good” on my own and failed miserably. But God!!! He knew my heart, my life, etc. and clearly communicated the simple Gospel to me and for the first time I “got it” - at age 60, after being in church most of my adult life. Based on what I have experienced plus scripture that tells us that God would have NO ONE perish, I believe if one has that tiny mustard seed of faith and knows we want Him, He will never give up on him. Praise God he didn’t give up on me!!!

1 Like

I REALLY enjoyed the update yesterday! But, I think I might be over thinking as I sometimes do lol. Thinking of the mansion Jesus has gone to prepare, I began wondering “why”. A mansion aka home typically has a kitchen bedroom, living room and so forth. My thoughts, why? we will be like Him, He is ALWAYS here, there, knows all sees all, He doesn’t slumber nor sleep. He is never hungry, thirsty…so if we’re going to be like Him, we wont need a bedroom, bathrm, kitchen…all we will need is Him, to be with Him,and I long for that call home… but a mansion? naaaaaa…

2 Likes

:grin: I joined NOOM a week ago Tuesday and at least now I’m not mindlessly eating!! It’s nice to know I’m not the only one!! You brightened up my day!!

2 Likes

No, YOU made MY day!! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Exactly!

Judas was not saved too. Probably baptized but definitely not saved (Jesus said you are 12 but one of you is a demon).

The parable of the 10 virgins with the 5 foolish left behind. Because they continued to sin and love it.

Hebrews 12
14: Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

When it’s a race, we run until the end.

Are catholics saved?! With all the idolatry, false doctrines and probably sins in their life… mmm I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Are Catholics saved as they continue a life of virtue upon what Christ had merely started for them (as they would see it)? The false doctrine is that virtue keeps you saved…right?

1 Like

I was thinking the same…I told the Lord I’d be happy to sit in the gate, or just have a step somewhere near Him. I was actually in tears asking to have the least shack, or better yet, nothing but His presence! I am so happy at the thought, I cannot wait!!!

2 Likes

Its not like that Jesus has to prepare something for us. Think in a way, that a man prepares a home for his future wife. And after marrying him, she will see this home, he prepared it for her. He wants to make the most beautiful home for her because she means everything for him.

And we - the church - are the Bride.

1 Like

I so totally agree with you FearNot!

2 Likes

:rofl:
That’s funny. Thanks!

2 Likes

YES! !!!

4 Likes

I understand . As I said I was over thinking…I just want to be raptured and be there!

2 Likes

Me too :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Why???

1 Like

“The fact that they were denied entrance by the Bridegroom after they got more oil and showed up at the door”

I never thought at this.
Interesting, thanks

My parallel with the catholics (but maybe some can be saved if they don’t follow the pope, don’t pray Mary and don’t follow heresies, there are maybe divisions in the church we don’t know) is that they all at some point believe that Jesus is son of God and God.

As Jesus said “your sins are forgiven, sin no more!”, so we have to do one’s best to be holy (even we are not perfect with our imperfect body).

Jesus also said to the pharisees:

Matthew 23
27: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.
28: Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

1 Like

I think this points out a problem with modern conversions Nowhere do we find in the New Testament that a person got saved by repeating a prayer, Salvation is by grace through faith. Put another way salvation is by TRUELY BELIEVING. Remember what happened with the Ethiopian Eunuch in the book of Acts. He did not repeat a prayer to receive salvation but the emphasis was on the right place Truely Believing. "And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. " Acts 8:36–37

Now a person can repeat a prayer and be truly saved, but it’s not the prayer that saved them it is Grace through Faith. I think many people are falsely trusting in the fact that they repeated a prayer sometime in the distant past and believing that they are Christians as a result. However if you are saved the Lord says noone will take you out of His hand.

3 Likes

They think that only the devil and demons will go in hell, others will go in purgatory (false doctrine) for some times and will get a new life again and again via reincarnation (like the jews) until they are cleaned and can enter in heaven. They also had in the past the indulgences, they gave money to be forgiven of their sins. They even paid for the deads and with all the money they built the basilica saint Peter in Rome.

2 Likes