August 13, 2023: 1 John 3:16 -- How We Know What Love Is

nor will I

1 Like

HOPE ON!

Beloved children of God, Christ will SURELY come for us, just as He promised. Take heart. This is our “blessed hope”. (Titus 2:13; John 14:2-3; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)

:rainbow: Only a hope as great as this sustains us in chronic sickness and pain. In the twinkling of an eye — we will be like Him, and exchange our worn bodies for a body like His glorious body. (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 John 3:2)

:rainbow: Only a hope as powerful as this can protect our hearts from being shaken and troubled like the rest of the world in these dangerous and perverted last days. Our hearts are lifted above all the evil schemes of men and demons around us, assuring us by God’s Word that we WILL be delivered from the coming wrath of God, for God has not destined nor appointed us for it. (1 Th 4:18; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 5:9-10)

:rainbow: This hope is so great that it is the only hope we need as we finish out our days, while wonderfully motivating us to Christ-honoring living. (1 John 3:2-3)

HOPE ON. He is coming soon. Blessed are those who are eagerly watching and waiting for their Savior. :heart_decoration:

9 Likes

THE SUNSHINE AND RAIN OF HIS LOVE

Oh how I enjoy being loved by Jesus. To belong to Him. Accepted. Beloved. His love is sunshine and rain to me. I flourish under it.

Is this true for you, beloved?

No one functions well when fed the bread and water of duty and obligation Sunday after Sunday. Over the course of time people shut down like a circus that’s about to move on to the next town.

All our lives we need to hear the Gospel of Christ, to feed on the wonder of Who He is… and the depth and width and length and height of what He has lovingly accomplished for us. This is the only way the “have-to’s” of duty and obligation are turned into joyful “want-to’s” within our hearts. In other words, we begin to love and trust Him in return.

Christ alone loves us as deeply and completely as we need. We become secure and free in Him, for He ever nourishes and cherishes His own.

How life-giving. How simple. And how wonderful. :heart_decoration:

7 Likes

I refuse to use those ‘proud’ letters any longer. I have, ahem transitioned to calling it for what it is:

GENDER REBELLION

I identify as a child of God.

9 Likes

Ain’t nothing the rapture won’t fix!

9 Likes

Hard to put a heart on that.

And back in the USA, news reported that our illustrious leader Brandon, when asked about what some are calling the worst fire in US history, had ‘no comment.’ The news went on to say that the paltry sum our generous lawmakers voted to send to fire victims is equal to about $700 bucks per household.

In Houston news an 11 year old girl was brutally beaten, raped and killed in her own bedroom (in an apartment complex). No one heard her scream or came to her rescue.

Our children are being mutilated and indoctrinated to become toys for the perverse. The same people who scream, “My body, my choice,” also scream that injections must be taken— in defiance of choice. Our leaders have voted that babies can be killed, even after birth. Our military is being depleted of trustworthy and capable soldiers; paying for our them to become abominations. Women and children are sold like cattle for unspeakable abuse; their captors enrich themselves by government decree. While people are imprisoned and killed by corrupt governments; our titans of business help cover over the atrocities. People are sick and dying at an alarming rate… but there’s nothing to see here, folks. There’s a war on drugs and yet they flow freely across our borders and in our streets, while those who actually need drugs have a hard time getting them. Poison masquerading as needful medicine is pushed upon the citizen masses while illegal aliens need not comply. These immigrants are given shelter, food and all they need while our veterans sleep in the street and scrounge for sustenance. Our food stores and natural resources are being systematically destroyed and our monetary, military, and technologic resources flow from our leaders like water upon a parched ground — while little aid is made available for our own people who suffer. Those who work evil are hell bent to destroy everything God has made and every knee who bows to His loving authority. Our ONLY hope is Jesus!

We lift our voices to Heaven and ask our Father, our Creator and Sustainer, our Rock: LORD, in Your great mercy, please pour out Your grace upon all the lost and rebellious— that they would have faith in Jesus and be saved. In Jesus’ Name, we pray. Amen.

Psalm 94

1 The Lord is a God who avenges.
O God who avenges, shine forth.
2 Rise up, Judge of the earth;
pay back to the proud what they deserve.
3 How long, Lord, will the wicked,
how long will the wicked be jubilant?

4 They pour out arrogant words;
all the evildoers are full of boasting.
5 They crush Your people, Lord;
they oppress Your inheritance.
6 They slay the widow and the foreigner;
they murder the fatherless.
7 They say, “The Lord does not see;
the God of Jacob takes no notice.”

8 Take notice, you senseless ones among the people;
you fools, when will you become wise?
9 Does He who fashioned the ear not hear?
Does He who formed the eye not see?
10 Does He who disciplines nations not punish?
Does He who teaches mankind lack knowledge?

11 The Lord knows all human plans;
He knows that they are futile.
12 Blessed is the one You discipline, Lord,
the one You teach from Your law;
13 You grant them relief from days of trouble,
till a pit is dug for the wicked.

14 For the Lord will not reject His people;
He will never forsake His inheritance.
15 Judgment will again be founded on righteousness,
and all the upright in heart will follow it.

16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked?
Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
17 Unless the Lord had given me help,
I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
Your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
Your consolation brought me joy.

20 Can a corrupt throne be allied with You —
a throne that brings on misery by its decrees?
21 The wicked band together against the righteous
and condemn the innocent to death.

22 But the Lord has become my fortress,
and my God the Rock in whom I take refuge.
23 He will repay them for their sins
and destroy them for their wickedness;
the Lord our God will destroy them.

And all God’s people said, “Amen!”

10 Likes

Our priority after death isn’t so much heaven as it is our Lord. We should consider all the biblical descriptions of the wondrous environment when we think of heaven. We should think about our blessed reunion with our loved ones. We should enjoy thinking about the endless riches we’ll enjoy.
But most of all—there is Jesus! As you go through your day, think most of all about Him—and pray: “Even so, come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20)

Dr. David Jeremiah

5 Likes

GOD Bless Israel :yellow_heart:
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: They shall prosper that love thee.

Psalm 122:6

1 Like

Yes, so incredible Amir

2 Likes

“Love is not Silent. Love Speaks truth when friends and family are heading to Hell.”

Alan Brayshaw

3 Likes