August 13, 2023: 1 John 3:16 -- How We Know What Love Is

:bible2: 1 John 3:10-15 – How We Know What Love Is

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_4: talks about how it is and why it is that we can know what love is, as the Apostle John, by the Holy Spirit, provides us with a Biblical template of sorts.

Watch on JDFarag.org
IMG_20230804_232429_213

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

13 Likes

Now if this wasn’t a study for this forum, I don’t know what is. Not just for us though but for the world. It was a finger pointer in how we treat and react to others in need. I’d even submit it shared with us understanding in how we respond to one another “in love” when we’re actually sounding more like jerks from time to time. And considering how the world watches us in what we say, think, and do; We need to pray for the Lord to guard our words, thoughts, and actions towards not only ourselves but brethren, family, and those not of Him.

Talk about convicting! It was a great study. I am hopeful that including myself that we keep this study in the forefront of our minds when interacting with not only the world at-large but fellow brethren AND how we interact with one another online too. We know what we’re trying to convey but are we conveying it in the manner understandable as teaching, educating, correct and rebuking in love and not disguising contention and attitude with “I’m doing this lovingly”. Regardless, at least we’ll be getting home ‘soon’. you know, two weeks and all.

20 Likes

I dug these out of the vault to remind myself. Love is hard work. Ask Yeshua.:purple_heart: But oh so worth it.

12 Likes

@SkyTheSheepdog Really good to see you brother - you were on my mind just the other day.

You owe me $18 for unauthorised cognitive kerb parking and stopping in a no-loading zone…

15 Likes

12 Likes

I seem to have that effect and probably owe a lot more than that. To avoid international exchange of earthly funds I extend my brotherly love, in typical genuine form. Love this thread. We could talk about love endlessly and Father would be delighted! :grin:

13 Likes

Being the “real deal” as JD put it, is a key component to providing ourselves as a credible witness for Christ. I totally get that. I have both suffered from the lack of that credibility from others carrying a Christian identity and I have, on the other end of the spectrum, undoubtedly have fallen short of credibility and caused others to doubt or stumble.

13 Likes

The Love of God is exhibited in the Fruits of the Spirit.

Galations 5:22,23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

6 Likes

Welcome back Tony! :slightly_smiling_face:

So good to see you posting… you’re a breath of fresh cool air shining in the darkness with the love of Jesus.

7 Likes

I wanna be a walkie talkie for Jesus’s love! Lol I am never going to forget that!!

7 Likes

Yep! Are you the real deal and does it work!

5 Likes

LGBTQ+
LGBTQ :latin_cross:
LGBTQ​:latin_cross: JITAYLF :thinking:

LORD
GOD
BLESS
THOSE
QUESTIONING
:latin_cross:
JESUS
IS
THE
ANSWER
YOUR
LOOKING
FOR

:grin: They stole God’s Rainbow
Its payback time…

10 Likes

My favorite little village of watchers to visit. The only one I know of, come to think of it :thinking:. Thanks for keeping love alive Sister Stacey!

7 Likes

Hey brother Tony,

It’s not me keeping love alive it’s God and He always wins! :blush:
All glory goes to God :raised_hands:t3:

6 Likes

Uhhhh you talkin to me? No I don’t mean specifically to me with that comment but that we all as fallen humans subject to such failures on both ends of the spectrum. On the latter I would say that when that happens we are just under cover Christian agents and probably more often than we really should. Yep guilty as charged on that one. I need to be locked up under the hoosegow for a very long time.

4 Likes

Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Titus 2:13

1 Like

Bayou - the fact that over 4 of your guardian angels have quit or resigned says it all :rofl: :joy: :smile: :latin_cross: :pray:

6 Likes

I am their test module. God seems to have provided a few of those over the eons of time. Several come to mind, Moses, all but two of the spies, and Jonah comes to mind. We are put here to teach guardian angels. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

6 Likes

Great work !!! Keep it up !! Prayers as we wait Titus 2:13​:joy: :joy: :rofl:
Brother you are a blessing :pray:

4 Likes

China is trying to keep this quiet…
Many dead… prayers for the people of China…:pray:

2 Likes