August 24, 2023: Ezekiel 21 -- The Sword of the Lord Prophecy

:bible2: Ezekiel 21 – The Sword of the Lord Prophecy

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about how God, through the prophet Ezekiel, uses the visual prophecy of the “Sword of the Lord” to demonstrate its purpose prophetically.

Watch on JDFarag.org

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services available here!

11 Likes

From the single viewpoint of past events that took place, I am in complete agreement with JD.

That is only “part” of the picture God is giving us.
Again, as in Chapter 20, I also see numerous references, typology, and prophecy … not being addressed.
The only time JD did touch on this, was on verse 27, which is a clear reference to Jesus Christ’s return, which occurs at the end of the Trib Period.

Verse 25 is also a clear reference to the A/C , but that wasn’t mentioned.

In reality, the entire chapter is also “end times Trib Period typology / prophecy”, and can be viewed and taught as such, connecting verses from many other books on the end time Trib Period events.

Just one more example :
Ezekiel 21:4
Because I will cut off both righteous and wicked from you, therefore My sword shall go out of its sheath against all flesh from south to north, 5 that all flesh may know that I, the Lord, have drawn My sword out of its sheath; it (His sword) shall not return anymore.” ’

Did “all flesh” in the past event “know / acknowledge” that it was the Lord orchestrating these events, and judgements, upon Israel? No.

Will “all flesh” “know / acknowledge” in the end times Trib Period, that this is the Lord orchestrating these events and judgements upon Israel, and the entire world? Yes.

Did the Lord “return His sword” to it’s sheath, in the past events? Yes. The slaughter of His people Israel, did not continue endlessly. Israel, the Jews, continue to this day to Abandon, and deny Him.

Will He “return His sword to it’s sheath” in the yet future Trib Period? No, not until the final judgement, and the A/C, F/P, and Satan, are dealt with.

The view that these chapters are all (and only) past historical events, fails to expound upon the sometimes double, and even triple meanings in the scripture. “Layers of the onion”.

Isaiah 55:8
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.

Isaiah 55:9
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

4 Likes