August 31, 2023: Ezekiel 22 -- Jesus Stands in the Gap for Me

:bible2: Ezekiel 22 – Jesus Stands in the Gap for Me

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about how God’s search for a man to stand in the gap so as to save from destruction, points to the person of Jesus Christ Who stands in the gap for us.

Watch on JDFarag.org

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services available here!

15 Likes

@ 38 mins 52 s - 41 m

Amen!

9 Likes

Beautiful to see Israel alive and well today as a living reminder of their refining fire coming. God is not through with them…a living real in our midst testimony…all the while he refines us (as His biblical age intense realness is stilll on display active yet reserved…but wow…in our day where we can literally sense His of bibblical proportion character inbetween His dealing with Israel). Amen. Kilning us softly in His making us His work of art affection. Yeah :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh the furnace of affliction

Father, . may I be willing to thank You foy my affliction of going almost blind from this eye disease. m
Lord if this affiction is purifying me and making me more like Jesus. so be it. Iam ready to turn loose of the wheel and give it over to You .
I know I can do all things through yu,o. I surrender (fears, dread. and nxiety) to You to take & lead me through eac our of each day, I am claiming Your promises for my life, Lord. Mosr of all may this affluction bring honor and glory to You
I am sorry for my resistance and my pity parties.
Thank You Merciful Lord, For it
is in Jesus name I plead, Amen

11 Likes

Like what you did there Ter. Spottered it immediately. Clay to go! er…etc.

8 Likes

CAUTION - made by the Potter’s hand …. :pray: :latin_cross: :grinning: [quote=“jasonacts177, post:5, topic:34018, full:true”]

Like what you did there Ter. Spottered it immediately. Clay to go! er…etc.
[/quote]

5 Likes

Soon and very soon
We are going to see the King

Soon and very soon

Soon and very soon
Hallelujah, hallelujah,
We’re going to see the king

No more cryin there,

No more cryin there,

No more cryin there,
Hallelujah, hallelujah,
We’re going to see the King

Should there be any rivers we must cross
Should there be any mountains we must climb
God will supply all the strength that we need
Give us strength till we reach the other side.

We have come from every nation, God knows each of us by name.
Jesus shed[took] his blood and he washed my sins.
He washed them all away.
Yes there are some of us who have laid down our lives but we
All shall live again on the other side… soon and very soon.

Hallelujah
Halleljuah
We’re going to see the King!

Songwriters: Andrae Crouch. For non-commercial use only.

11 Likes
8 Likes

I was reminded of this now kind of old story. This one has a man researching the work of the silversmith. The first one I ever saw was an elderly woman who did the research. That is just to show how long it has been around the person researching as been young and old and man and woman. But the lesson it teaches is timeless God.

The story of the Silversmith: “And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver” (Mal. 3:3). This puzzled a Bible study group. One of the members offered to learn about the process of refining silver and inform them at their next study. He visited a silversmith and watched him at work. He watched the silversmith hold a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. The silversmith explained that in refining silver, you must hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest to burn away all the impurities. The member then thought about God holding us where the flames are the hottest to burn away our impurities. Then he thought again about the verse. “And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.” He asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire and watch the process at all times.

The silversmith answered that not only did he have to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was tested in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. You must leave it long enough to serve the purpose, but not too long as it would destroy it. The member was silent for a moment. Then asked the silversmith, “How do you know when silver is fully refined?” He smiled and answered, “Oh, that’s easy — when I see my image in it.” (Author Unknown).

The silversmith knows just how long to keep the silver over the fire. He does not keep it over the fire too long or too short, but he knows when it is just right to purify it.” Christian, when you are over the heat, just remember that God has His eyes on you. He knows when you have had enough and you been refined and purified. His timing will always be just right.

When you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has his eye on you and He will “sit as a refiner and purifier” keeping watch until He sees His image in you. God is intimately aware of your needs and limits. He also knows just when you have had enough. At the right time He will remove you from the fire. The results will be at the right time. In due season you shall reap (Gal. 6:9). As Job, trust God, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him” (Job 13:15). When you are over the flames, trust Him. The results will be for your good and His glory (Rom.8:28). Whose image is on you? (Matt. 22:20). Others can also see the image of the Lord on your life (Acts 4:13). Can the Lord and others see His image in your life?

Life is hard, the heat is up, but the silversmith ever so diligent and caring sits next to those hot flames, sweat pouring off his brow, watching ever so intently with all the love and caring that only God has. As the dross rises to the top, he gently scrapes and scoops it up and off to the side. And still he watches closely. Does the silver need more heat or does it need less to be completed? Only the silversmith can judge that and he does with great care not to damage the silver. Then with the expertise that only a well season silversmith has, all the knowledge and experience of many years of practice will the silversmith remove the silver from the flames confident in the pureness of his piece.

We the church are Gods silver. We are being refined contsantly now to be made pure as Pastor JD pointed out. When it is time God the ultimate silversmith will know when, and remove us his church from the fire.

This is a most informative story to read, learn, and understand. It gives peace in the time of affliction. It brings calm and resolve to the heart to remain stead fast in the fire until perfected. In my many years there is one thing I have come to understand, of those things of great importance, time is a primary part of it. To get health and fit, we spend months years eating correctly exercising then we realize a good health. We start a business to raise our family on and it takes months to set up and years to even start making a profit but, it also takes very diligent watch over the business because it can fall in a day. As my Mom used to say to me, anything worthwhile takes time, hard work, and dedication. That is what we have in God as our silversmith, a patient, hard working and dedicated silversmith.

I give thanks to God that he is willing to take the time, endure the heat of my sins being burned off, to make me like Him so we can fellowship. Praise be to you oh Lord.

7 Likes

THAT melted my heart to tears.

Thank you Stacey!

3 Likes

Could anyone explain why we are purified by our maker any better than Pastor JD? No!

What a blessing to have this teacher who speaks the truth.

7 Likes

“God can Turn Your pain into Your testimony. The Bridegroom is refining His bride.”

Alan Brayshaw

3 Likes

“Heaven is not our Reward, JESUS is. JESUS is God in the Flesh. There is no other”

Alan Brayshaw

6 Likes

That is easy. We are less than perfect even being saved we parts of our lives where were don’t turn to God. Those parts are the dross in us. God needs to remove that to make us perfect and valuable to Him.

Just substitute the word disciplining for purifying and it makes more sense. We purifydiscipline our children as they grow up. God purifies/disciplines us as we mature as His children. It is not for our detriment but for our benefit.

4 Likes

Whatever it takes, dear Lord.I know I am one of Your most difficult to teach, Thank You for Your patience, faithfulness to change me from glory to glory
When it is time to take us out of the oven, it will be worth it all to hear You say, well done, my good and faithful servant;.

8 Likes