Darkest before the dawn

Sometimes things hit you so hard that it takes everything in you to keep breathing. These times when it is so dark before the dawn. My parents are my best friends and I worked with my Mom for many years. My family is a blessing I will never deserve. My Mom passed away in July so very suddenly that it just left us shell shocked. The Lord showed more grace, love, and mercy than I have words for. He carried us and comforted us beyond anything I could have imagined. But in a fallen world the hits keep comingā€¦a week ago our house burned down. The Lord is holding us in His arms and in the shadow of His wings. Sometimes at the lowest points when the pain just felt so deep and my prayers had no wordsā€¦He was there to catch me when I was falling. Anxiety and depression are so easy to fall into and so hard to climb out of but God is SO SO GOOD!!! He is with us in the day and the night. He is with us when we laugh and when we cry. He is holding us when we cry with anguish and we just want to go home. Praise be to our Lord, praises unending to Him. Lord of Lords and King of kings. Please come soon Abba Father!!! I pray for all who have lost someone, those who have lost their homes. I pray that The Lord is not only with you but that He is holding you in His arms every step of the way home. This world is not our home but He is with us always and nothing is impossible for Him.

5 Likes

Oh no, Iā€™m so sorry to hear of your losses and am praying for and with you, Kaysie!

Iā€™m not very good at writing prayers, so I pray that God gives you the words to feel His peace and comfort beyond anything that I may say or write.

In Jesusā€™ Blessed Name, Amen!

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Prayers are the greatest gift to receive. Thank you again.

2 Likes

Thank you for your testimony of praising the Lord for His faithfulness in the midst of your pain.
May we all experience ā€˜joy and peace in believingā€™
Romans 15:13

Praying for you and your family.
Letitia

4 Likes

Thank you. The harder it gets the closer to Him I feel and that is the greatest blessing in these harsh times. I couldnā€™t do this without Him.

4 Likes

Amen!:pray::pray:

1 Like

Amen. He is always there even when dark clouds are hiding Him, when heaven seems to be silent. Our LORD promised us He will be with us to the end of days.

Good Bless you and welcome to the forum!
@channah

3 Likes

Dear Kaysie, what a beautiful and strong testimony you have. To bare such hard burdens takes strength and I am so thankful God is faithful and will never let us suffer alone. To know He carried you thru these enormous trials is so encouraging and I see again that we have such an awesome God. My momma has been gone 2 years and it is like it was yesterday, but God carries me and wraps me in His loving arms when I canā€™t go on another step. Corrie ten Boom said once ā€œThere is not pit so deep that God is not deeper stillā€. That statement has been so uplifting to me when I needed it most. To know that life and death are in His hands, and I rest in knowing that. Pray you will have answers and provisions for the days and months ahead. He careth for you and will provide all your needs dear sister in Christ.

3 Likes

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Looking back I can always see His hand moving to care for us even in the darkest times. Losing my Mom was a blow that could have taken my family apart but instead He lifted my family up. She was a blessing to us and still is. Losing the house felt like losing another part of her but she is not in the walls of a house but in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. His timing is not ours but it is perfect. He uses things that bring pain and turns them into a blessing as only He can. I couldnā€™t breath as I watched flames burn our home but He was holding me and my family in His arms that night. I so look forward to hearing that trumpet sound. This life is short even when it feels so long and He is in control always. Thank You dear Abba Father for Your mercy, Your grace, Your compassion, and Your love. Thank You in Jesus Name I pray amen.

4 Likes

Youā€™re most welcome; and you donā€™t have to take it from a mere mortal like me, itā€™s Jesusā€™ words:

ā€ā€¦ and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.ā€ Amen.ā€œ

Matthewā€¬ ā€­28ā€¬:ā€­20b

3 Likes