December 31, 2023: Topical Study -- How Minds Are Renewed (with Worship)

Yes, LORD help us to be alert and stay in the Word.

2 Likes

Hi Anca. Wow. Thanks for your lovely reply sister. I am very blessed that you took the time to watch and that it resonated on some level for you. I am blessed and priviledged that I was your first long watch in quite a while. I am even more blessed I did not vicariously let you down :slight_smile: If you get the chance sometime, maybe it would be kind of cool to see like 1 of your screen shots from the video. Like the best one for forum snapshot sake. :+1:

I did hear on a Christian program that there is a trend of seeing the flood as local. That view, sorry I don’t recall where I saw it, but it was yesterday (I was pretty scattered), that there seemed to be a push to dumb down the word (in certain ways some look at it) as being intimidated by the unbelieving science community. Normally, that is the way I would have thought about “local flood.” Like unbeleiving compromise.

But what I liked about that video is the kinds of questions and observations we should take in with us when studying the word. And how to let the word of God take us by the hand and walk us past our biases. On that front I think the video did an excellent job. There are too many variables floating in my head (especially after some of the discussion points captured in my discussion with Jack) to absolutely land the plane on a local flood. But what seems most precious is being able to appreciate some believers may come to those conclusions not because of some worldly compromise. But because in acadamia and scholarship there might be ways to consider the actual weight of that perspective. But even more so, how having a hopefully maturing appreciation of “having real tools” (and not just an empathetic heart–although that is nothing to sneeze at) to have where we can “profoundly” and with deep heart appreciate how others might be thinking differently like. That to me is the filet mignon.

Blessings.

3 Likes

Just enough to get me into serious trouble :wink:
That Tucker short reminded me of Q, who Pastor JD has been touching on of late.
Did you know Q says that Trump will be leader, not only of the USA, but of the world? And they claim that ‘the military is the only way’, and that they are the saviors of mankind.’
I believe Tucker is a part of the ‘Q team’ and this video was not only for Trudeau but for Canadians.
I have further come to believe that the Q camp are composed of mostly the deceived being led by deceivers. One of their most trusted ‘decoders’ was a guy referred to as ‘Jason Q.’ I heard him call Q a quantum computer.
I do not believe A.I. nor quantum computing is mankind (user)-friendly.
Also reminded me of someone else who came as a liberater. A serpent (reptile). He came to liberate an innocent woman. In a beautiful garden.
I did not know you had dual citizenship (triple-New Jerusalem).
Grace and peace.
:canada:

2 Likes

The LORD keeps amazing me and blessing me with all of His children on this forum. Teren you are one of all these children. I am not flattering you one bit, just to make that clear from the beginning. As I keep repeating… the LORD is too good to me.

I found one adequate screenshot of the 44 I took. And the reason I take screenshots is because my memory plays tricks on me, and writing down or screenshotting content is a great help.

This is not a prophecy related topic, but if one needs to take a quick break from prophecy related discussions, this one is good therapy as I mentioned to @anon28331375 the other day.

Yes, I agree without you Teren. Of all the grey matter on this forum, your brain can entertain the greatest number of variables. It’s just a fact and a simple observation.

As for your discussions with @BayouBushi Jack, I simply didn’t have time to read any of them. I’m sure you were both behaving. Sorry, joking :upside_down_face:

I think we shouldn’t even worry or rush to land the plane on the local flood. Sleep on it. Just watch it and let the Spirit do the convincing. It’s okay if we don’t have this one figured out before the Rapture either.

He did a brilliant job. There is value in this brother’s presentation, his approach, the logical reasoning, his attitude in not trying to take over the Spirit’s role of convincing.

Very well said Teren. If it is filet mignon for you, for me it’s delicious “Canadian Bacon”. And because today is a bit about French:

Merci beaucoup pour Sa grâce en vous!
Thank you for His grace in you.

4 Likes

Je comprends. :wink::wink:

Had no idea, I finished my degree in Q science in December 2020 and as such I am “left behind” :laughing:

That part I was aware of.

Ok. My head is spinning; the info is way above my grade.

His deceitful signature is obvious.

Some countries such as Austria for example don’t let you hold 2 citizenships, but Canada and the US are way more gracious.
The Heavenly citizenship beats them all!

Much love and grace to you Robbie!
:canada:

2 Likes

Hi Jack. It would be great to hear like the varied tidbits you have noticed in the later chapters of Jermeiah concerning unfulfilled prophecy. As for the “He/She” strange shift in Jer 50:31-32, yes this is very interesting. One disignation (John Gill) renders that to be about Belshazzar and actually would explain the contrast (especially when we tie it in with the many waters passage–please see this referenced in that last third of this post).

However, I have included an article that highlights what is known to be unfulfilled about Babylon being judged by God in antiquity. There seems to be a difference in exactly what Jeremiah’s later chapters are addressing. Some believe it is the city of Babylon. Some think the greater region of Babylonia. Even so, according to the below article, expanding from Babylon to Babylonia does not solve the unfulfilled events described in later Jeremiah chapters. So even widening the region from Babylon to Babylonia (Chaldea), does not solve the unfulfilled passages mystery.

What is known of what was not fulfilled is the following:

• Walls torn down
  • Burned cities
  • Abandoned

I have not read all of that. But it is helpful i think to look over (over time). The comments are good too to get a sense of the strengths and weaknesses of the articles thesis.

. . . . .

Above i mentioned Jeremiah 50:31-32. I noticed one of the comments in the attached article said that because the later chapters of Jeremiah include the Chaldean region and not just about Babylon the city, we might have witnessed a fulfillment of sorts in our modern history on that (and I believe his meaning on that would be Sadam Huesen). Even so, from this article we can see that there are tendencies to see future fulfillments from these later chapters in Jeremiah. And it does make sense to look for a “he” in the future because the cities burning passages that never happened would also be future. Yet Iraq is still ihabited. However, we might also consider that verses 31-32 have been fulfilled in Belshazzar, but we know that the cities burning still have not yet occured. So maybe it is that the “he” had been fulfilled, and then in Rev 18 and 19 we just see the cities burning and no inhabitance any longer–later fulfillled. Although it is also possible that since 1 element “he” is attached in verse usage with “cities burning” that we might see a “he” with cities burning also in the future. It is not certain. Consequently though we could or might see Belshazzar/Bowl 7 Babylon Burning as a potential way to look at this as well…in that there may not need to be a daughter like version (along the way) that gets an echo of Jer 50 because in what “is” written we clearly see Rev 18 & 19 without reference to “he.” I guess it would boil down to whether:

(a) God wants to destroy America as a leading warning of the 7 year tribulaiton to come, or
(b) God might extend 'more" mercy in the last hours of the age of grace…

…we will have to see potentially which it might be.

It would seem to extend Jeremiah 50:39-40 (inhabitance passage) perhaps to Babylon the Great where it would match in that final judgement of Babelyon the Great where there is no more inhabitance (Rev 18:21-23 & Rev 19:2-3). So even where some might see what they understand of certain passages fulfilled (that are neighbor to those passages seemingly not fulfilled) John Gill would see Belshazzar, and comments on the above article see maybe Sadam Huesien, we do get a feel of the sense of poetic license afforded us by, I would imagine, how apocolytpic “genre” might actually possibly function.

. . . . .

As for connecting water with Jer 50:31-32 he/she, i think there is an important reason for doing so. In Jeremiah 51:13-14 waters/lof ocusts. Because the many waters that traveled through Babylon (even as she was of sorts an island city, “water”) was the way Cyrus snook into their city and shocked Belshazzar like the playing out of theater potentially in relation to Jer 50:31-32. The reason i would see water connected with “he/she” language change implying a specific leader of sorts, is because the waterway was the way Cyrus interferred with Babylonian protection in order to sneak into the city. In that sense there would seem to be a tie-in with locust coming in and taking the city over from the inside by surprise. Because the only way “into” Babylon like that, would be through the obstructon of water. So its seems that Jer 51:13 can be irony upon Jer 51:14 because of the water mention. Like “Even though you are protected by many waters, they will come in like locusts to take you down.” Which in Babylon city historical context would be “hyper” central to the event of Cyrus conquering Babylon because of this level of “irony” and "ironic gravity:–and potentially how that connects to “he,” Belshazzar. Thay kind of irony would seem to be a lot of exegetical muscle.

However we can see that some people in the article comments see a future fulfillment with he/she Jer 50:32. And that would make sense because the city around that captured arrogant one, did not burn down in Babylon in its being captured by Cyrus. So the cities never burned. The cities around the “he” leader likely depicted. Which does give room for a potential future fulfillment of “he” as it relates in some sense to Babylon. The reason I’m posting this is I had a discussion about USA being Bab the Great over the weekend. And I was reminded that the harlot sitting on many waters is “people” not liquid (Rev 17). So maybe there are not liquid water connections to America as potentially Babylon. In order to further rule that out, I checked what later chapters of Jeremiah say about Babylon and water to see if many waters is more likely connectable to America today. And I would have to say it does not look like the many waters relate to waters in regards to future Babylon the Great. Because the waters mentioned in Jer 51 have to do with (a) the cities internal canal system, and (b) the surrounding waters protecting it like an Island (I believe this was similar for Tyre if not mistaken), were the same waters that Cyrus rerouted to gain surprise access to the city of Babylon and take it down…occured. Making that sense of “waters” whirlpool any interest of water right down into centrally only or MAINLY see–"Water as thickly tied to THIS one event of Cyrus capture of Babylon. And not water as it relates to future Babylon the Great at all. Not that I could tell. And therefore it would also carry similar weight of water not being in references to any daughter of Babylon either, me things.

All In all it would seem brother that there is some potential for some of your tidbits to hold water…lol…as future potential for daughter of Babylon-esque fulfillment. But I could see too that there might also be a clean division between all that happened in antiquity to Babylon and then not until again the final state of Babylon the Great’s destruction found in Rev 18/19. You open up an interesting avenue of inquiry brother. Blessings. :slight_smile: