December 7, 2023: Ezekiel 35-36 – How God Does What God Does

:bible2: Ezekiel 35-36 – How God Does What God Does

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about how God does what God does in order that we can know without question, that it was only God alone Who did it, then celebrates Communion at the conclusion.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_GodDoes_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

8 Likes

Thank you so much for this powerful sermon. The word of encouragement that God will restore, will rebuild that which the enemy has destoyed was like a ray of hope. By the blood of the eternal covenant our Lord Jesus was raised from the dead …you can restore our lives, heal broken families melt hearts of stone. Praying for all who heard your Holy word read aloud that the hope and promise of your word will bring the healing and resoration needed that our friends neighbours families and enemies will know it is the Lord that has done this.
Particularly in the life of Kellie, may the cancer be destroyed as completely as Edom and may Gods love surround the Farag family . Vindicate your servant and annihilate the spiritual enemies seeking to derail this loving family and hinder your work. Glorify your name amen

12 Likes

Lord, You ca and will do the imossible so they will Know You are
We know what You can do but many non-believers do no. Blow them away Lord, knock them off their feet, whatever it takes for them to realize and acknowledge You are their Lord God.

9 Likes

Listening to the study this morning, I can see why some would suggest this could be talking about the situation with Gaza as well. I can kind of see it and the parallels, but for now, I’d like to stick to face value and not read into it. This was pretty good and thankful for the time to listen to it explained a bit.

5 Likes

Beautifully spoken, Margaret. I stand in agreement with you. Let no weapon formed against our dear pastor and his family prosper. May all of us praying fervently for those “But God” answers see them come. Praising God while we wait.

4 Likes

Amen, thank you very much Brenda.

How wonderful is the fact that our father cares so deeply for us and given us the gift of prayer. God bless dear Sister Shalom and Maranatha

3 Likes

7 Likes

And to you, my sister by the sea, blessing and protection and provision and peace. :pray::heart:

2 Likes

This verse I sent in every Christmas card last year, and wrote it on the back on little ornaments I’d made to decorate packages. I just love this verse, along with so many other verses! And I love the way we are able to speak to each other here in verse and song and prayer. Sending you a little gift back! Merry Christmas!

9 Likes

Beautiful Brenda! i love that verse. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Merry Christmas to you my friend! :sparkles::christmas_tree:

‭‭I Thessalonians‬ ‭4:16‭-‬18‬
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

15 Likes

SongSparrow,

Christmas is a pagan festival - it has absolutely nothing to do with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. His feasts are clearly set out in Leviticus, and Christmas is not listed.

Have you read Jeremiah 10?

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

He wants us to keep His commandments…

De 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Ec 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Christmas is a tradition of man, it is not a feast or commandment of God… .

Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Mr 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mr 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

Mr 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Sent and meant as a warning in love.

1 Like

I will respectfully respond with Romans 8:28. Thank you for for concern, but I am walking as closely to the Lord as I can, trying to keep his commandments, and trusting in Christ’s blood poured out for the forgiveness of my every sin. I will celebrate this season as a time when hearts and minds may be most open to receiving the message of the gospel. I will point as many people as I possibly can to Jesus during this time of year when Christiandom celebrates His birth!

Blessings,
Brenda

11 Likes

@EC,

You do you and let the rest of us do us! :+1:

We celebrate Christmas as Jesus birthday whether it actually is or not. Nothing wrong with that sorry! Even if some don’t celebrate Christmas as Jesus birthday, what is wrong with exchanging gifts? Even if it was a sin which it is not, we (including you!) do much worse sins than exchanging gifts!

Feel free to believe what you want, but don’t try to brainwash us with your strange beliefs!

9 Likes

@EC

Let me just add that we Christians are no longer under the law like the Jews were as per the verses below.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

1 Corinthians 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Hope this is helpful! :blush:

6 Likes

Why Celebrate Christmas?

The day was so important that the angel Gabriel was sent to directly announce his birth beforehand to Mary.

• Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John the Baptist was so excited about the good news that he lept in his mother’s womb.

• Luk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Mary celebrated the good news with praise - the Magnificat.

• Luke 1:46 to Luke 1:56

The shepherds and angels rejoiced at his birth.

• Luk 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
    Luk 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
    Luk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
    Luk 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    Luk 2:12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
    Luk 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
    Luk 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
    Luk 2:15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
    Luk 2:16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
    Luk 2:17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
    Luk 2:18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
    Luk 2:19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
    Luk 2:20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
    Luk 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Simeon rejoiced at his birth.

• Luke 2:28-32

Anna the Prophetess rejoiced at his birth.

• Luke 2:38

The wise men traveled a long way to worship him.

• Mat 2:10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
    Mat 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who were the ones that DIDN’T CELEBRATE his birth?
The Pagans? The non-believers? The mockers and scoffers? The prideful and arrogant? ???

• Mat 2:3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
    Mat 2:16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

CHRISTMAS is NOT a pagan holiday.

One has to distort, confuse, twist and take scripture out of context to come up with that idea.

Satan is the father of lies and he is the one that is against Christmas. He hates anything that gives glory to God in the Highest.

Is Christmas a pagan holiday? | GotQuestions.org

Christians celebrating Christmas are no more pagan than are churches who gather to worship on Sunday (so named because it was the pagan “Day of the Sun”) or who hold a prayer service on Wednesday (named after the Norse god Woden). The pagan origins of the names of the days of the week have nothing to do with the church’s weekly gatherings, and ancient pagan winter festivals have no real bearing on the modern Christian celebration of Christmas.

10 Likes

This is a great sermon i attended this morning a local church ive started to go to, Gary explains in depth , pray this helps :pray: :pray::pray:

https://www.youtube.com/live/txs4ebpQ2Y8?si=76eUrkPQ4EVcjA4s

https://www.youtube.com/live/txs4ebpQ2Y8?si=76eUrkPQ4EVcjA4s

5 Likes

Thank you, Dallas, for this thoughtful, Biblical response. I think I’ll copy it for future reference. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

4 Likes

I look forward to listening as soon as time permits!

2 Likes