February 12, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update – Pressured to Go Along to Get Along

Until the restrainer is removed, shouldn’t we Christians, indwelt by the Holy Spirit vote, protest, lobby parliament (if that is our calling) to influence and maintain the moral high ground, no matter the fall out and backfire? I don’t believe it’s time to sit back, rest on our morals and wait silently for the trumpet……I say that not as a particularly political animal but we can all, in our personal spheres influence decision making at the local and personal level in our communities.

2 Thes 2:7-8
but the one who now restrains it will continue until he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will slay with the breath of His mouth and annihilate by the majesty of His arrival.

1 Like

We are not fighting for a physical kingdom but a spiritual one. So get out the Good News , that’s the focus. Put on the armour of God. Fight the spiritual battle and help lead people to Christ.
Our focus is not of the flesh but led by the Spirit. If you feel led to share with people specifically in the political arena thats great. But we all need to ask ourselves what fight are we fighting ?
Think the apostles were fighting for their lives to improve or for their rights or to just hold back the darkness? They were focused on Christ alone and to make Him known. Let’s get over our lukewarm existence in this demonic world and get on mission to help get Jesus to people and people to Jesus. That’s it.

4 Likes

If the voice of the Christian is silenced in the political and media arena today, how many more poor souls will suffer the tribulation and possibly hell? Yes we must share the good news wherever the Lord gives us the opportunity but we live in a sinful world and need to reach out at every opportunity for the widest impact.

1 Like

I guess I look at it this way, how many people do you hear in the political sphere talking about repentance and faith? The Gospel?
I hear zero.
I know that before I was born again I would certainly look to these solutions- being involved in the political realm in whatever way possible, write letters, knock on doors , pay money to them etc etc etc.
Now that I have been born again I see the futility of it, and man’s purpose alone in it.Hearts and minds can only be changed with the Gospel and that is the work we are to do. If we are sharing the Good News we are truly doing His will.
What good will it do for me to talk to people about politics and righteous causes? What good is it for them? It’s going away. Do I care enough about people to share the Gospel? It’s the only thing that will change lives and better yet, give them life.
We have a lovely born again Christian neighbor who ran for a senate office this past year. Was she running to point people to the Gospel or trying to do things here to better our lives? I will give you one guess.
It is a flesh response for us to focus on the thjngs of this world. We need to help bring people the good news , point to Jesus.

Anything else is a worldly response focused on our human desires . It has been a real eye opener to see so many born again Christians flocking to doing man’s work with absolutely no focus at all on helping people
get to Jesus or become more like Him. It’s like we are reading a totally different Bible with different instructions on what our lives should be focused on.
I have to point this finger to myself every day and being myself to His purposes too. Very very easy to get caught up in the worldly pursuits and wisdom of man which is no wisdom at all.

I hope I am not sounding too harsh. I guess for me it’s just as a born again Christian my life and purpose are not my own. There is another higher focus reminding me this isn’t my home.
I wonder how things would look if our political born again Christians did focus and talk
About repentance and faith in Jesus. Most likely great persecution , a great cost with their faith. That would be the real fight , the real work. Pointing people to Christ suffering the cost . Can they do some other good things along with it? Of course. But if they aren’t giving the message they aren’t doing what we are supposed to do.

3 Likes

So… Those who still do vote are under strong deception?

Paul tells us to submit to governing authority, be it Rome or any other Country you dwell in…

Voting is a civic duty of an American Citizen. I dwell in the United States, and am an American Citizen. I will continue to vote.

:wink: :fox_face: :heart:

Romans 13:1-7

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God.

Consequently, whoever resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Do you want to be unafraid of the one in authority? Then do what is right, and you will have his approval.

For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not carry the sword in vain. He is God’s servant, an agent of retribution to the wrongdoer.

Therefore it is necessary to submit to authority, not only to avoid punishment, but also as a matter of conscience.

This is also why you pay taxes. For the authorities are God’s servants, who devote themselves to their work.

Pay everyone what you owe him: taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.

3 Likes

Additionally, some of us have sworn oaths to protect and uphold the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic, either for office or for military service.

These oaths are not sinful, and fall under the scope of (Romans 13:1-7)

Paul was a Roman Citizen by the way, and used that fact several times in His outreach to Roman citizens. :wink:

4 Likes

All this “ to vote or not to vote “ made me ponder a different trajectory.
I’m the only one in my immediate family that understands what’s coming. But they believe that voting is how to initiate change and yo duke degree they’re right despite how this all ends.
But if I were to tell them I’m no longer voting especially since they know my stance on abortion, Israel, the lgbtq/ trans agenda etc etc , they would not understand. I could see that not voting could actually be a very poor witness and testimony to them based solely on the fact that they just do not have a grasp on what’s coming.
I witness to them and tell them at every plausible opportunity about end time events …… to not vote could possibly then be seen as a cop out given how much they know I hate what’s going on in our government.

Anyway, just wanted to share a side bar thought I was having today.

4 Likes

I don’t see voting as a sin, I understand many Christian’s will still vote. I will vote on a state & local level. I just won’t vote for a POTUS again unless he is outside of the globalist regime. I use to trust Trump & voted for him twice. I ignored his Roman Catholic Jesuit ties. I put my hope in a foul mouthed man and even fought with family and friends defending him. I will simply never trust again. I also know the Netanyahu is against his people. The Spirit showed me in January of 2020 that I was deceived. Pastor JD coming to the same conclusion was more like a conformation of what I already knew to be true. I will pray for the leaders, regardless. I just know my home is NOT here and we are leaving very soon.

6 Likes

I have thought about this for a long time. I fall under the latter category for military service. I have seen in recent times many who say they took the oath of office and it has no expiration date.

This is not meant towards FoxMan as an argument but being put forth as an alternative view point. Those who may agree with me fine. Those who may disagree with me also fine. This is not a salvation issue.

First of all lets look at what that oath says:

“I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

My primary duty under that oath is to protect the precepts of the law of the land, the Constitution and what it stands for while under contract to do so. As such if the President says we are at war against and enemy bent on destroying our nation I will go and fight. In so doing I will abide by not just the constitution but also by another set of laws or code designed specifically for the military the UCMJ.

While under contract I am obligated to do all that but does that end when my contract is up? I say yes. I base my answer on the simple fact that if I decide to go further I have to start on a new contract and again take that same oath. Now if the oath did not have a limit I by rights should not have to take that oath again. In my case I have taken that oath 4 times which implies for 4 times when the contract was over the oath was no longer valid in that I did not have to adhere to it. My reasoning is simple. While under oath I had to abide by two separate but equal sets of law, civil law as a citizen of this country or civil law as a visitor in another country and the UCMJ. Since I am no longer under contract, I am no longer obligated to abide by the UCMJ. The contract is then no longer enforceable. As a civilian the military can’t come to me and say tell me to get a hair cut or to shave and if I refuse to the have a legal leg to stand on to charge me for disobedience.

So by oath there is no obligation in my mind to do things that I can do if I choose or not do if I choose. For instance as a citizen I must pay taxes or face the consequences if I don’t. That is not a right but an obligation. A right on the other hand say freedom of speech allows for the option to speak or not to speak. Every right to do something has built in also the right not to do that thing. So I can speak out against something the government is doing that I perceive to be immoral or illegal. On the other hand I also have the right to say nothing and let the chips fall where they may.

My point is simply this, some of us think it important to even now abide by many of the stated rights of the Constitution. Others also know they don’t have to act on those rights if it is morally reprehensible to them for what ever reason. For every right to do is also the right not to do. Likewise the oath of office or in my case it was called oath of enlistment but they are basically the same thing, I swore several things, to uphold and defend the tennets of the constitution, be obedient to those appointed over me all the way to the President and that I would purposely abide by not one but two set of rules and be willing to be bound for the duration of the contract I was entering. Upon the expiration of that contract I had to options, start a new one and again swear and oath or not enter into another and not be bound by that oath since part of it pertained only to specific rules for the militar. Since even one part no longer applied the entire oath was now null and void. I could ignore the UCMJ rules and the military could no longer hold me accountable. Like wise based on the Constitution I could also disobey military officer’s commands all the way to the president as long as I was not breaking civil law in the process. That being said then the oath given upon entering the contract for military service had the same timer as the contract did. When the contract was over so was the oath.

I don’t fault those that claim their oath has no experiation but I assure you many who say that do not actually abide by the entirety of the oath as they would if they were still under contract. As such it is a personal desire on their part to invoke their rights to do things while others who had been under that very same kind of contract invoke the opposite side of those rights and not do.

I really hope this puts to rest any bickering between those that “WILL NEVER” and those that choose to vote. Which one is right? Both are right and for everyone’s sake can we put away the bickering over this problem. It is bad for several reasons. First it is not a salvation issue. Second it is a choice and those that choose to do so are not sinning against God for invoking their right to vote. Third those who choose not to vote are not violating in man made laws. And lastly the only sin that arises is one of pride for thinking our own choice is more morally correct than those who see it differently, in short taking the holier than thou attitude is simply the sin of pride.

8 Likes

Thank you. Now I understand your point of view.

4 Likes

I second this……Great insight on this issue!

8 Likes

You got my vote!

…wait.

/internal conflict intensifies

7 Likes

Oh Jason you are definitely my kind of sick. I love you man, you make me chuckle for hours.

7 Likes

:joy::joy:
Too funny !

1 Like

I hope my response made sense the auto spell made a ton of mistakes. I don’t ever fault any believer for voting. Where I am at spiritually, there is no reason for me to vote in 2024. I can no longer in good conscience vote for a globalist pretending to be for us. All the conservatives I have ever voted for turned out to part of the global beast machine quickly rising up. The time is late evangelism is the most important duty now.

8 Likes

I agree with your response and thank for sharing.

2 Likes

Yes your response was understandable. Thank you for clearing things up.

3 Likes

I doubt here many would disagree but why would that be your inclination to suggest for voting. To vote or not vote does not give or takeaway ones investment in ones country. The idea that those who do not vote anymore are less involved in making a difference for the kingdom is a weak argument for voting to me…

Small weak example
I for one used to be one of less than a handful of adults that would meet at the flag polls to pray for our children and country. The point is we that don’t vote anymore have in our heart and logically from facts have decided that was a false hope and a waste of time at least on the federal level.

I will pray for the best leader and Gods will and continue to keep sounding the alarm. Sharing the Good News when given the opportunity.

I can see where volunteering or being involved in politics does help expose the darkness but my bible makes it clear Satan has power and control over ALL kingdoms of the earth.

There are better ways than voting especially in a fixed election system. At this point the governments are using the elections to give a false hope to nations all over the world.

Philippians 4:22
All the saints greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar’s household

Shalom

4 Likes

Yep, I can say even Ronald Regan was not who we thought he was until after his time and presidents and top leaders don’t really run the show anyway, but some try mightily but its all rigged against them.

The selection is not ours in the long run. The country needs to KNOW NOW we have been captured from within and to wake up.

Shalom

2 Likes

OK, this one has always bothered me even as a young believer in grade school swearing and oath to the flag. Much less to the kingdoms of this world?

Never said much and did my part because I figured I did not understand the scriptures correctly.

I understand it now and why they want to you to submit by doing something scripture says not to do.

I am not sure its even OK to swear on a stack of bibles?

4 Likes