Hello & Blessings from Ireland

Hello, my Brothers and Sisters from Dublin Ireland.

My name is Gary, I’m a 52-year-old dad of 2 small kids.
I first came to know the Lord as a 12-year-old boy, when I discovered the teachings of a Catholic Saint - Francis of Assisi. Being raised a Catholic, I became very involved in our church, I became an altar server, and I joined the Charismatic movement in the 1990’s. I even went to train for the priesthood in 3 different religious orders in my youth. African Missions, Cistercians, and Franciscans but I found no fulfillment there and only great temptation. I was very young then and didn’t realize that the closer one gets to God, the greater the enemy will attack you.
I eventually gave up on that path got a job and got married. My first marriage didn’t last more than two years and thankfully there were no kids so the Catholic Church annulled it.
I’ve been with my now wife for 16 years and God has blessed us with a 10-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old son. they are a joy to me.
After we had a miscarriage in 2017 and I was made redundant at work, I found myself being called again by the Lord to come back to him, with all my heart. My sister had recently converted from Catholicism to Baptist the year before and was evangelizing me about the faults and lies of catholicism . I read a book called Pagan Christianity and got involved in a bible study group, I made the decision to be baptized again as a Bible-believing Christian and no longer a member of the Roman Catholic delusion. I was baptized on August 14th, 2021 in the river Bann, in Gorey Co. Wexford, became a member of a Home Church group and bible study group and I’ve not looked back. The last 2 years have brought me so much closer to the Lord than I ever felt in my youth.
In the 2 years since then, the clarity with which I see the wickedness of my own flesh and the Great Grace of God is Amazing.
I can see now, how it is only through Christ’s death and resurrection for our sins that we have salvation. It is by no works of my own.
After the loss of our baby boy Adam in 2017 I was suicidal, But God reached down, picked me up, and set my feet on the rock. The Rock that is Jesus Christ. Praise God.
And now as we live through these last days before the Rapture, I know I have salvation in Jesus. I am looking up and keeping watch with all of you.

I would like to give thanks to the Lord God, our Father, and to His son or Lord Jesus Christ for always having their hands in my life. and as Jesus said in John 10: 28-29 "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. "

I am safe in His hands.
Amen

17 Likes

Beautiful testimony, Gary! Welcome to the forum!

8 Likes

Thanks Myrrh, I’m glad to be here.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Gary. Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

Welcome to this forum and fellowship under Christ Gary.

Thank you for sharing your awesome testimony and all glory and praise to God for His great and amazing grace as you so well put it.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Philippians 4

In Christ

6 Likes

Dear brother Gary, God has surely done wonderous things for you. I am so thankful that you are part of the family of God, washed by the fountain and cleansed by His blood. We are joint heirs, and I can’t wait to meet you and your beautiful family, especially Adam. I don’t have grandchildren, so I am adopting him, and I hope that is o.k. Shalom and God bless you!

6 Likes