I need prayers badly please, dad just died

[quote=“joehuguenard, post:9, topic:34157”]
I am sorry Tim and I am so grateful you have tried and will continue to try with your Mom. That’s obedience to the Lord and you can have rest in that. My husband just gave a try with his dad who is catholic. Alot of hardness there but hopefully a pebble is in his shoe now and he can’t break free from thinking of the Jesus of the Bible.

Someone above said this:
“I have been lead to believe, though, that as merciful and forgiving as Jesus is, I’m of the belief that people will have the chance to accept Him when they are with Him face to face right after death. Jesus knows how deceiving this world is and I do believe that He will offer the chance to accept Him at that moment, which I believe is what sets Jesus apart and shows how forgiving He really is.
[/quote]”

There is nowhere in scripture that this is that I am aware of. If anything Scripture suggests we will be judging with Jesus if I recall correctly, which gives us great motivation to share share share with our loved ones. So, continue the burden for your mom and let the Holy Spirit work through you in showing/sharing the Gospel. Bless you for trying with your dad and bless you for showing us and reminding us how quickly this can all happen helping us to get busy. I know for me your post helped me all the more to pray for my husband and his dad yesterday. Thank you brother

10 Likes

My deepest condolences, Tim. A year ago I was in the same shoes as you are. The unexpected happening and enroute to my dad, I received the news – simply heartbreaking. Along with the not knowing if one cried out to Jesus … even to this day, I still think about it. I can’t do anything, but continue to hope. Like you, my mom is still here and every chance I get I share Jesus with her over and over, sometimes met with displeasure. But don’t give up - while they are still here, keep delivering the message. Keep that soil nice and moist, keep planting those seeds and pray and pray. :pray:

11 Likes

SusanS, thank you and sorry for your loss as well.

8 Likes

Thank you again for all the kind words and prayers. My family is grateful to know there are so many praying for us. Even Pastor JD’s prayer groups are praying for us now, too. It helps so much. Each day is getting a little more bearable. Even slept through the night last night, as did my mom for the most part. The Lord provides us with our daily strength and He never fails, never disappoints. Praise the Lord! Amen!

13 Likes

Father G-d - please be near and all around this broken hearted one. Please, would you make yourself real and tangible even in the middle of the worst kind of pain. Thank you that you sent Jesus, our King, and that He is coming soon to set everything right again. In Jesus’ name we pray…amen.

13 Likes

Wow 15 hours into the forum, and blessing our forum family with such gracious words with tender personal touch. Thank you for this prayer EricaAnn. And welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

A hopeful update:

I was sharing with my brother Matt my fear and uncertainty over dad’s salvation. Matt was saved before I was and also tried having conversations with both our folks over the years about the saving grace of God through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. He told me that not that long ago, dad finally said something that gave him hope and belief that dad was saved. Dad was never a religious guy, being a former Roman Catholic. He wasn’t a regular church goer and didn’t follow any organized creed. But, and this is what he told Matt, he believe that Jesus Christ was his Lord and Savior and at the end of the day that’s what mattered. He believed he would be with Jesus in Heaven soon and with his beloved mother, my grandmother, a godly woman who had tremendous impact on all of us. God’s grace worked incredibly through that woman which I know helped eventually turn me to Jesus through His Holy Spirit working through her and others. That gave me such peace and joy!! While my heart is so so grieved still I have that peace and joy now helping to get me through, by the grace of God. Praise the Lord! Maranatha Jesus! Amen!

12 Likes

Praise God! I am rejoicing with you that you will see your father again :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

My dear sister @Blessed, I never said it was specifically mention in the Bible, although, it does say that Jesus will have mercy on whom he chooses to have mercy… Roman 9:15 - 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. It also says in the Bible that ALL flesh will bend a knee and praise the Lord one day. Roman 14:11 - For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

As I mentioned previously, I hope and am praying that Jesus WILL have mercy on many who have been deceived in this messed up world.

Many Blessings Sister,

Joe

2 Likes

I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I am praying for you as you go through all the motions that come with a death in the family. I lost my Mother Dec 1st, 2022 9 months ago …It felt like gravity was gone …but the world just keeps turning anyway. I never really knew what it meant when someone would say they had lost a parent a spouse or child…I did not and could not understand until I lost Mom. It makes the world a very different place suddenly…and I still cry sometimes, mostly wishing I had done this or that and been there more than I was…I can tell you one thing though it does not matter what you might have done because I was there caring for my Mother and yet I had all the same feelings of wishing I had done things better and done them better. It’s never enough and we don’t get a do over and it just is part of grief. I will be praying for you and for your Mother for both of your health matters and for you to be able to grieve together in your loss. I agree that it is possible for a loved one to meet Jesus as they are dying just as the thief on the cross did…just calling on the NAME of Jesus …The thief on the cross didn’t have a chance to do any good works or get baptized …He just asked Jesus to remember him…and Jesus told him he would be with him. So I would believe that the Lord took your loved one to heaven by faith and not think any less…Even the scriptures say something to that effect for us not to worry about who goes to heaven or hell but to just walk with Jesus and trust Him It is heartache enough to live life without a core member …but the Lord says in Psalm 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up…This scripture comforts me a lot personally…The Lord will be there for me when I wish my Mom was here…and He does show up in little ways and comforts me now…I’m in it 9 months and I still hurt a lot at times but I’ve gotten more used to the pain…it’s just Love.
God Bless and comfort you in Jesus name Kim

10 Likes

How ya holdin’ up, @hixster92 ? Read your update and that should give you some ease I would say. But, outside of that hurdle completed, how you holdin’ up now? I’m prayin’ for ya.

6 Likes

Each day has it’s ups and downs. Been praying constantly. The Lord has truly been helping my family through all this in ways I could never have imagined before. Yet, I’ve never felt such anxiety before in my life, either. That’s the hardest part—trying to focus on the day and not worry about tomorrow and what it brings. My mom is stable right now, and being surrounded by family to look after her has been the most important part of that. I worry about the day when it’s just her and me in the house, alone. We had one night like that this past Monday, and it wasn’t good. I’m just not the caregiver she needs. Praying we can find someone to help, other than my sister who needs to eventually start living her life again. My sister has been our rock through all of this, but I can tell the strain is great on her. Today is my dad’s memorial service. It’s just a simple celebration of life like my dad wanted and internment at Jefferson Barracks Cemetary with a party of family and friends after. Looking forward to it but also dreading what comes next. Please keep praying for our peace of mind and calmness for our souls. Thank you all and God bless.

Oh, one wonderful thing did happen last Sunday. My sister invited me to her new church, which happened to be close to home. It was a good, solid service, with a biblical preacher. At the end, he spoke about baptism and called anyone up who wanted to be baptised. I felt a tremendous pull on my heart to do it—so I did! I’d put off doing it for so long, even thinking someday I might be able to do it in Pastor JD’s church. But the command on my heart to obey the Lord Jesus was strong, and I’m so glad I finally did it! Praise the Lord!

13 Likes

I sympathize with you. However, you find out sometimes that you become what you believe yourself not to be. God directs you down paths you didn’t imagine for yourself. Not saying this will be your testimony to God when you get to Heaven saying, “Tim, your life was directed to you learning patience and concern for your mom that was given to you throughout your life.” Or something like that (I always think Jesus’ voice is like James Earl Jones for some reason. It’s the timber in his voice I think). But for you and your sister, and mom and (I could have just said your entire family), I will keep praying for you, man.

I’m thrilled to hear of your baptism account! Good on ya! I wanted to get baptized again from JD as well, but, that trip isn’t in the cards for me. Maybe there will be a side line in Heaven we can get water baptized for fun or something. Perhaps there’s a merchandise store next to it where we can get shirts that say, “I got to Heaven and the line was shorter than I thought.” Or “I got to Heaven and all I got was everything!”

7 Likes

I am so sorry! I will be praying for the Holy Spirit to comfort you and your family.

9 Likes

My step Dad also died. His blood was toxic due to a wound from sitting in the wheel chair so long I guess. It’s hard to get over loosing someone. I pray that hixster92’s Dad would be in a good place and with the lord. Absent from the Body, Present with the Lord. But remember, it won’t be long and the Rapture will occur and we’ll meet up with our loved ones.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. All I can say at this point is, after nearly 2 weeks, the “new normal” of life without him has set in. I still miss dad, especially when doing something we did together (like watching the Three Stooges and Svengoolie on Saturday night). The joy the Holy Spirit has put on my heart sustains me, and has helped me in dealing with my mom, who is now our family’s biggest concern. She’s broken hearted, of course, and decided today to get off most if not all the heart medicines she’s been taking the past 3 months that have given her nothing but problems, bad ones. We’re all praying and hoping the Good Lord will help her and strengthen her, at least to give her time to be ready to go, if that’s where this is heading. Only time will tell, and my great comfort is that the Lord will be with me, with us, through every step of the way. Praying for the Rapture daily, too, as that would be the end of ALL our problems! Maranatha Jesus! Amen!

6 Likes

Amen Brother! My prayers are with you and your family. I definitely hope to see all brothers and sisters in Christ very soon. I also pray for it and the lost every day, multiple times a day! God Bless and be with you and your family brother.

Joe

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, Brandon. God bless and be with you and your family. I just hope your step Dad was a believer so we can see him soon, too.

God Bless You and Your Loved Ones, Brother,

Joe

4 Likes

I am new here, so I just saw your post. My heart goes out to you. My own dear dad passed away in 2019 and we were very close. I am praying for you and your family, for God to give you supernatural peace and healing.

8 Likes

I just saw this. I hope you are staying strong. It is devastating to lose a loved one. Especially suddenly. I will pray for you.

5 Likes