I need prayers badly please, dad just died

Please, I need prayers for my family. I came home from running an errand this morning and found my dad lying on his back in the backyard not breathing. After calling 911 I performed cpr on him until paramedics arrived but nothing worked. THey tried for I dont know how long until I learned from my sister he had a DNR and they stopped. My dad died. I am heartbroken. Please pray for us. Oh Dear Jesus, we need you so much. I need you so much. I don’t know what to do. Amen

46 Likes

Oh Tim,
My heart is breaking for you. I just said a prayer for you and your family and will continue as the Lord leads.
Years ago, my husband died in very similar circumstances so I know it can be quite a shock.

Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Jesus is with you and will show you the way. Turn to him for comfort and He will lead and guide you. Trust Him. He loves you very much.
Blessings to you brother.

17 Likes

Dear Tim, I’m so sorry your dad passed. I pray he was a Believer. I’m sorry you weren’t with your dad, but I thank God that your dad passed from this life to the next in the comfort of his own back yard. May our Father in Heaven bless you and keep you Tim, and all those whom you hold dear.
Shalom.

Father God,
Please be with Tim and all who loved and will mourn the passing of his dad. Please pour out Your blessings upon this family, comforting them and strengthening them as they traverse this valley of death. Please use the death of Tim’s father to draw the lost and rebellious to You, Lord. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

19 Likes

Ohhh Man, Tim, I’m so sorry to hear that your Dad passed. God Bless and be with you and your family and friends through this very difficult time. Please remember to lean on the Lord Jesus and don’t try dealing with this on your own. I so pray that your Dad was a fellow believer and I sincerely pray for his soul and yours and your families spirit. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen! Hopefully, we’re all going home to the Lord soon! Maranatha Brother, Tim! ~ Joe ~

15 Likes

:pray:t2: For you dear brother

11 Likes

Please know that I am praying for you and your family, Tim. I am so sorry for your great and sudden loss.

10 Likes

Thank you all. It’s very hard because I don’t know if he was saved. I tried talking to him and my mother a few times about Jesus and their salvation, and it never went well. He was very hard headed when it came to religion and faith. I worried constantly and prayed nearly every day that the Lord would by His grace bring them to a saving faith in Jesus. But I don’t know if He did. I loved my dad. I keep praying the Lord will tell me somehow if dad is with Him, or not. Just to know. My dads mom, my grandma and favorite person in the world after Jesus, was a godly woman. She was her baby boy and had a lot of influence on him. I wish I had tried harder to share my faith with him, but I always clammed up in fear when he would get mad when I did try to share the Gospel with him. My mom is not healthy, we thought she would go first. I worry for her eternal soul, but she responded even more negative to things I’ve tried to tell her. Lord, help me. Lord forgive me. I just want to know, Lord, is dad with you?? I’m not well myself and resigned myself to the fact I could go home to the Lord at any time. But I was never prepared for this.

17 Likes

Jesus loved your dad more than you ever could and you can be SURE that He did everything he possibly could to reach your dad. God is not willing that any should perish.
You never know, your dad may have given his life to Jesus in secret.
When my dad first heard the gospel, he gave his life to Jesus in secret and didn’t tell anyone about it for a long time.
When he did let us know, he began to live a life full out for Jesus.
Don’t blame yourself. You did what you were supposed to do. It is the job of the Holy Spirit to convict them and lead them to Christ. We do our part and God does the rest. The same with your mom. Trust Jesus. He knows your heart and what you are doing. He will work it all out.
Love to you brother.
pray

17 Likes

Brother, Tim, all I can say is that I will be praying for your family. I’m in a similar situation with my Dad and have been for a long time. My dad is a Catholic that goes to church regularly and he’s not the type to listen to anything I might have to say about such things.

I know he believes in Jesus, but the way the Catholics teach, I can’t say whether he’s saved or not. I’ve tried, like you, to share the truth with many of my family members over the years, but they never really want to talk about it.

I have been lead to believe, though, that as merciful and forgiving as Jesus is, I’m of the belief that people will have the chance to accept Him when they are with Him face to face right after death. Jesus knows how deceiving this world is and I do believe that He will offer the chance to accept Him at that moment, which I believe is what sets Jesus apart and shows how forgiving He really is.

He doesn’t want ANYONE to be lost, ever. Look how many thousands of years He has allowed Satan and his minions to exist. It shows exactly how much God loves ALL of His creation. I pray I am right in that belief and I’m with you in spirit brother, praying for you and your family.

Love,

Joe

11 Likes

I am currently sharing these same thoughts and feelings as I watch a close relative rapidly regressing, this week.
His heels were always dug in and now he is locked in his own mind. Alas, I envisioned myself being more forthright and effective—so I think I understand how you feel.

Your prayers, Tim, were something that no man could stop, and we can HOPE that the Lord reached in to reach your dad supernaturally, if even in that final breath.

To that, give yourself grace and remind yourself that God heard every prayer. And now, try to concentrate your prayers for your mom.:pray:

10 Likes

Tim, my man - my deepest condolences on this moment. I was left in your position just three years ago and let me tell ya - this is where faith really begins a new pace in your walk. I pray you will reunite with him in Heaven (I’m presuming he was saved and hope that’s not another wound to open). Man this brings back flashbacks for me. You keep your head up, Tim. You keep moving forward and know that we are taken when we’re meant to be taken. Our chapters are written and closed.

Tim, I pray that our Father will bless you with peace and calm (not safety) from anxiety and worry. I pray he changes your despair into hope, sorrow into rejoicing and He mends you in body, soul, and spirit. I pray that the comfort of our Father blankets you and your family at this time and the memories that bring joy, laughter, and even hope flood your mind and press any sadness to the recesses of your heart and mind. I pray the LORD offers you a breath of whatever you need to fill you and that His wisdom and grace and mercy sustain you continually and that your steps from this moment on are a beacon in your family to remind them to seek the Lord in all things and like we are taught, love each other as He loves us so strongly nothing can penetrate the bond.

I’m so sorry, Tim. Hard to know what to say at a time like this. I pray God grants you the wisdom you’re seeking at this time in spades.

11 Likes

Oh Tim, I’m so very sorry about your parents’ unwillingness to speak about Jesus. Unfortunately, I know this particular grief as well. My parents both passed several years ago now. One refused to bow their knee, the other seems to have traded on His Name. I’m not sure either were saved. But a lot of prayers have been raised and a lot of seeds had been planted, so I’ve learned to love their memories as best I can and leave what I have no control over in the hands of the One Who does.

Allow yourself to grieve, but don’t neglect your own health (physical and mental). I’m sure there are people who need you, a healthy you. Immerse yourself in His Word, Tim. There is comfort and healing in the shadow of His wings.
:heart:gr

Father in Heaven, thank You for Tim’s faith in You. Please comfort his soul, Lord, and heal him. Thank You for all You are doing in Tim’s life and in the midst of this storm. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

12 Likes

Hey I got to your ‘part 2’ of this. I’m not trying to give you false hope on this, but I will say that we don’t know what goes through someone’s head at the moment just before death. There’s always that one last chance and maybe those we love just don’t grasp Him like we’ve been given a chance to. Let the anger you experience fuel your resolve with your mom so you know. Let the Holy Spirit speak for you and just ‘go with the flow’ of what He delivers. For your dad, no one will know until we arrive if he had listened or not. I pray he did.

For this, as harsh and cold as it may sound - focus on the living who still have a chance to let you hear they accept Christ. You need help? We’re here to help. We can only give you our experience, prayer, and lessons learned but sometimes those are spring boards to epiphanies for the listener. I pray this moment blankets you with wisdom the likes of Solomon. Don’t take ‘no’ for an answer. You know what I mean?

13 Likes

binds broken hearted

10 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss Tim. I have no words but know that I am praying for you and your family.

11 Likes

Dear Brother Tim,
First thing, the LORD will not give you more than you can bear! Praise GOD!
You DID YOUR JOB!! You witnessed to your parents, both mom and dad!
You gave them THE GOOD NEWS!!
It was THEIR job, THEIR will to accept or reject.
My dad died in 2021. I moved him in with me, quit my job, (RN) to care for him until he passed. I dont know if he accepted Jesus either!!
I was with him when he died. He did not suffer, but as a nurse it scared me watching him struggle to breath in the end.
We cant, and should NOT blsme ourselves for others not accepting the truth. GOD gives everyone the will to accept or reject, the will to choose!.
Same thing with my parents for years, Ive witnessed to them to no avail and angry outburst and laughing at me. My mother is still alive and living in sin.

13 Likes

Thank you all and God bless you. This has helped me so much. Oh how I look forward to the day when I can thank you all in person in heaven with Jesus! Maranatha Jesus! Amen!

12 Likes

Or you can send flowers, or chocolate or a gift card to Hot Topic (used of course) or a candygram. I look forward to just seeing ya there, man! (Heaven, not Hot Topic)

9 Likes

Blessings brother Tim. I am so sorry to hear. Wow. Dear brother as you mom is still in the family…“Lord please grant brother Tim the grace and and wisdom in insight how to share that which is the love of Christ reaching toward his mother and how her heart may also be opened to the sweet savoring realness of Christ toward her soul.”

Thank you for sharing you most intiment moments with us brother.

“Lord we also pray for Tim’s health and abilities to witness even if in sublte gentle ways of your spirit to his family. And that his heart would be strengthened in you at this troubling hour.”

Blessings.

9 Likes

Yes of course.
:pray:

5 Likes