January 14, 2024: Jude 1:1 – The Reasons That God Is In Control

:bible2: Jude 1:1 – The Reasons That God Is In Control

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about the reasons that God is in control of every aspect of our lives, even when it’s seemingly out of control.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_GodInControl_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

13 Likes

Morning all,

Did that :butgod: testimony hit you as hard as it hit me? God bless that woman from the Netherlands! And God bless our pastor! One person writes him over the course of several years … and he has all her letters, in one file? Just how organized is this man?!?

EDIT: This should have been posted on the 1-14-24 BPU. oops….

11 Likes

Didn’t JD said he likes to draw charts and tables???

7 Likes

And I am still smiling as I feel God’s face shing on me! Oh how totally at peace and being loved so much that nothing else compares to His great amazing love for me. I am clay and He is still making meinto whatever He desires from me.
Iam so happy, so encouraged. Thank you Pastor JD! This was just what I needed as I was discouraged a bit. Thank You Lord!

8 Likes

I thought this story was appropriate to put here in conjunction with the story of the Potter and the clay. I have had it for years and it is widely available. Such a wonderful example of how God works things for our good.

**The story of the Silversmith**

“And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver” (Mal. 3:3). This puzzled a Bible study group. One of the members offered to learn about the process of refining silver and inform them at their next study. He visited a silversmith and watched him at work. He watched the silversmith hold a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. The silversmith explained that in refining silver, you must hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest to burn away all the impurities. The member then thought about God holding us where the flames are the hottest to burn away our impurities. Then he thought again about the verse. “And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.” He asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire and watch the process at all times.

The silversmith answered that not only did he have to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was tested in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. You must leave it long enough to serve the purpose, but not too long as it would destroy it. The member was silent for a moment. Then asked the silversmith, “How do you know when silver is fully refined?” He smiled and answered, “Oh, that’s easy — when I see my reflection in it.” (Author Unknown).

10 Likes

Morning Dennis @dlcv,

Pastor JD does talk about his love of charts and tables, Dennis. But tracking one individual’s letters (out of the thousands he must receive….) over a period of years just blew my mind. And though the woman is clearly not bothering Pastor JD, the :butgod: story also reminded me of the persistent widow and the judge (who finally helped her) in Luke 18:1-8.

I know our pastor is brilliant (not an exaggeration) and detail oriented (not an exaggeration), but only God and Kellie know just how much time and effort that man puts into his shepherding responsibilities. I thank our Father for our pastor’s faith, obedience, and dedication!

His dedication blows my mind. The God inspired the woman to write to JD over the course of years and that JD kept her words in his heart against Kellie’s trial are encouraging. But keeping track of one person’s correspondence out of the thousands he receives each month? each year? just really blew me away.
And to think, our Father is even more attentive!

EDIT: This should have been posted on the 1-14-24 BPU. oops….
:heart: gr

6 Likes

Morning Carol Anne @Flamingogirl49563,

Every time I hear this, I cry. Our Father is truly with us in each step we take, in each breath we breathe. Thanks for sharing this, Carol Anne. I can hardly wait until our Father sees His reflection in me!

:heart: gr

8 Likes

From every encouragement, every kind word, every biblical words you have written on this forum comes the reflection of Jesus in you. I know you realize this but maybe needed someone to remind you. We all do because God tells us to love one another. Encouragement in godly conduct IS love. Love you sis!

6 Likes

How sweet and how appropriate and necessary this is. I continually remind myself several times a day that we are ONE body in ChristWe are each very unique with different personalities gifts and talents. BUT we all come togetherwith Jesus at the center of our lives.
There have been a few 'siftings" and family becomes smaller . That is sad but we know this this was foretold. But then it seems the Lord sends new people to us as well.
Yes, we e one body with many different members and to me this is a delight. I love everyone

6 Likes

A prayer request by @joehuguenard came to another thread and I am posting it here as well.

Let us not forget Kellie Farag, and Pastor Farag as well in their time of trial. We pray for Kellie’s complete healing from cancer. We pray for their children as well, and that a peace that surpasses all understanding come upon the entire family.

Amen

From @joehuguenard

Hey All Brothers and Sisters! Can you all throw a prayer or two up for my brother, Stan’s girlfriend, Celia, over in the Philippines? She’s been having headaches and vertigo recently, so they did a CT scan and found what they think is a brain tumor. She’s having another CT scan done soon to verify.

They are both Catholic and go to church regularly, so please pray for them, for Jesus, our master healer and savior to intervene and do what He does best… heal the broken and bless abundantly.

Thank You and God Bless You, In Jesus’ Blessed Name, Amen! :latin_cross: :pray:t2:

Joe

Father in Heaven we come before your throne of grace today to bring Celia in the Philippines before you. Lord, we understand that she may have a brain tumor and will soon undergo additional testing. We would pray that the testing be definitive, and that no tumor be found. We would also pray that whatever the medical reason for Celia’s sickness be, to be brought into the light, and be healed.

We would also lift up Stan at this time, and ask that you give him a peace that surpasses all understanding as he stands by Celia.

We pray for your mercy on these two request’s let your Will be done for all, and to your Glory Lord.

It is in the precious name of Jesus that we pray.

Amen

12 Likes

O h dear Lord, we thank You we can come to You and bring our burdens and petitions . Father we lift Celia in prayer and ask that You will heal her and that she will recover completely. Lord, if she does not know You as her Savior, may she call out to You to also save as well as heal her.
Lord we just entrust all these thiings to You as we know You love Celia. In Jesus merciful and mighty name, Amen

Hey Joe, please let us know how this new scan turns out…thanks

7 Likes

Thank you so much Ken!!

God bless you for sharing my request and for your beautiful prayer! I just heard from my brother, Stan, that Celia is having her second CT scan this Saturday.

I asked him to keep me posted as to how she’s doing and the results of her new scan! God Is So Good! Thank you and I love you all, brothers and sisters!

Blessings and Peace, In Jesus’ Blessed Name, Amen!

Joe

5 Likes

Thank You Dear Sister, Susan!

I so appreciate your prayers! Thank you and God Bless You for caring enough to pray and post a prayer! I also pray for Pastor J.D., Kelly and his family for all they’re going through right now. I can’t wait for God’s blessings to flow and healing touch to follow… all to glorify His name! Thank You Lord!!

Always, In The Name of Jesus Christ Our Beloved Lord and Savior! Amen!

Joe

6 Likes

Thank you so much Susan. I am a child of the late 50’s and in the 60’s there was a song titled "They Will Know We Are Christians by Our Love. Not sure if you know that old hippy song, but it was sung quite a bit by youth groups everywhere because it was easy to play on the guitar. Even other believers will know we are Christ’ follower by how we love each other, treat each other, encourage each other. These days it is hard to tell a believer from the world.

6 Likes

It’s not our skill, but His strength; not our will, but His willingness; not our ability, but His capability. Let your work for the Lord flow from your worship of Him and there will be power.

Dr. David Jeremiah

8 Likes
6 Likes

Yes I love this song and I’m sure all day I’ll be singing it as it is one of those catchy songs.
I was also from this era and a Jesus Freak …now a follower/disciple . Our love is ony made possible tbecause Christ loved us first. All praise to Him for His AMAZING LOVE!!!
It is wonderful to be a part of His family!I cherish the friendships of yours and all our brothers and sisters.
Heaven’s gonna be Great!

6 Likes

Thanks very much pb&j
“chicken skin”
50 years just flashed back

5 Likes

5 Likes

Is this a movie? I like their rendition of the song. I had forgotten all the verses and didnt remember the last one saying to guard our pride. Hmmm, not sure what is meant by that. To me pride is one of those emotions that can go ary quickly. I’ll have to think about that one. Thank you for sharing. I feel really old now. How 'bout you…lol?

4 Likes