January 15, 2023: 2 Peter 2:1-3 – Don’t Let The False Teachers Get To You

:bible2: 2 Peter 2:1-3 – Don’t Let The False Teachers Get To You

:hawaiianshirt_1: Pastor JD talks about how it is that we can be on guard against false teachers and in so doing not let them get to us.

Watch on JDFarag.org

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: Find More Bible Study Videos On 2 Peter Here

9 Likes

What is the little corner of jd s prophecy update? In corner it looks like little video but i cant tell what it is

Looks like it’s a feed looking at the congregation. Could also be a feed of the entry area of the church. Could be a faux pas and someone hit a wrong button lol.

4 Likes

Thank you Pastor JD, my soul was comforted and settled… so comforting I wanted your message to go on and on.
I can see why the HS wanted Peter’s last teaching to be about wolves sneaking in to steal and kill sheep. I had never realized just how cunning and evil false teachers really are.

7 Likes

Perfectly timed lesson for me. Now I know why I hadn’t watched this teaching when it was first given.

I use Facebook as a way to text with my children who live in a town that has poor internet connection. About a week ago, I opened up the app to text one of them. I saw a post from a cousin on pro charismatics. Absolute hogwash. I said so, too. Yesterday, this cousin posted a video by a charismatic that stated the different ways non charismatics try to tell them that they are misled. I asked if this cousin was a charismatic. They wouldn’t say.
This morning I began to listen to JD. I was at about the half-way point when my cousin PMs me.
Now, the real conversation started. They wanted to know what I believed. I gave them the gospel. This triggered a series of name calling by my cousin. Gifts came next. I offered Galatians chapters 5 and 6, with a few verses of chapter 1 in Ephesians. More name calling and their rant ramped up. I calmly responded to every question they asked. (During a 3-hour dialogue, satan had more notifications ringing my phone than you could shake a stick at. Distraction city. I did not divert away.) When they saw that I wasn’t rattled, they told me that I had satan’s spirit. I think my pulse doubled. Yep, that made me mad. I thank God that He had me check my response. I told my cousin that my hands are clean of them. I tried.
My pulse still elevated, I returned to JD’s lesson. He could not of added another word to make it better. It was exactly what I needed. Calm again, I thought about Asaph. I thought about my cousin. If nothing changes … God knows.

Thank you, Pastor JD, thank you.
Blessings

9 Likes