January 26, 2023: Jeremiah 50 – God’s Timing Is Always Perfect

:bible2: Jeremiah 50 – God’s Timing Is Always Perfect

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about how God’s timing is always perfect, especially prophetically, specifically as it relates to God’s judgment on Babylon in the past, and also yet future.

Watch on JDFarag.org

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More Jeremiah Study Videos

12 Likes

Below is Andy Wood’s sermon exposition on Babylon, for Jer 50 and Jer 51.

11 Likes

9 Likes
2 Likes

@dlcv Thank you for posting. The Rev 17-18 video was from a Revelation conference in 2021. Dr Andy’s presentation on Rev 17-18 was detailed & informative.

It ties into Pastor JDs Thursday night study on chapter 50. I look forward to Pastor JDs upcoming chapter 51 study.

5 Likes

Where there is God,
there is always hope.:yellow_heart:

9 Likes

7 Likes

The most holy and important practice in the spiritual
life is the Presence of God - that is, every moment
to take great pleasure that God is with you. ~ a.w.tozer

8 Likes

Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, those being blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom having been prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
Matthew 25:34

8 Likes

Just catching up on this teaching but so far @ 16m 56s is dunamis (dynamite)!

https://www.youtube.com/live/SQXSnDAUejQ?feature=share&t=1017

Perhaps one of the understated strengths of the argument presented by Pastor JD (and Andy Woods et al.) is that, absent instruction and clear context from God’s word, and without necessarily precluding a wider symbolic application, any attempt to spiritualise, allegorize, or parabolise scripture will only lead to confusion at best and deception at worst.

If Babylon does not mean Babylon it opens the Genesis 6 gates as to what else, and where else, does not mean what God’s word states it to mean.

God’s timing is perfect - and I believe His cartography is similarly exquisite.

14 Likes

Amen, Jason! As Andy Woods says often, in real estate, it’s location, location, location.
In Scripture it’s context, context, context.
JD stresses context as well. I’ve been a Christian for 46 years and I think that proper teaching in context of God’s word has been largely absent in churches I’ve been to until the last 3 years when we went online and found these 2 phenomenal teachers of God’s Word.

6 Likes

Amen Jason - MARANATHA

2 Likes

In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived
Psalm 19

4 Likes

This is a helpful chart for highlighting Babylon details in Jeremiah 50 & 51 and Revelation 17 &18:

4 Likes
1 Like

I still think a great case can be made for the United States of America being this “Daughter of Babylon” nation in Jer 50 & 51. :slight_smile:

:fox_face: :paw_prints::paw_prints:

2 Likes