June 11, 2023: Topical Study -- One Flesh, Part 1

:bible2: One Flesh, Part 1

Topical teaching by Pastor Mac expounding on Genesis 2:24 and why this one verse is the bedrock of marriages if taken seriously regarding becoming one flesh.

Watch at JDFarag.org
One Flesh Pt 1

or watch here on Youtube

More recent services can be found here!

13 Likes

I’ve been married for 30 years. My wife and I are both Christians. I’ve never cheated on my wife but I have felt sexually deprived way to many times in various ways which has created frustrations. I stopped beating myself up when I realized that it is not biblical to have to earn respect. I have been taught that men are to love their wives regardless. However, I now see from scripture that a woman should respect her husband regardless as well. I believe that a husband may have more responsibility but a good marriage starts with the woman. Perhaps, I am wrong but I base it on 4 scriptures in which the wife is addressed first.

Genesis 3: 16-17 ; Colossians 3:18-19 ; 1 Peter 3: 1-7 ; Ephesians 5:22-31. Finally, when I compare marriage to Christ and the church, I realize that we must first submit to Christ. When we submit to Christ first, then he can do a lot in and through us.

I write this in hope that it can help some young people or others.

2 Likes
3 Likes

What a great sermon by pastor Mac!

8 Likes

Welcome back Kimo, nice to see you. Many changes in the last year.

2 Likes

I only got to half of this video since i’ve been busy at work but will watch this again from the beginning and then pt 2 tomorrow on my day off but i have to confess Pastor Mac is funny when he said at the beginning of the video that he had good news that everyone was invited to an all in-clusive barbeque at Pastor JD’s house… that did made me giggle so thank you Pastor Mac for the giggles lol

6 Likes

I’ve been working on sermon transcripts for a Calvary church in Oregon. The Malachi scribing helped me better understand how the Church can be the bride and body of Christ— which was always a stumbling block in my own mind. Pastor Paul LeBoutillier made an observation that I never thought of before. Here’s the part of sermon that helped; copied with context should anyone would want it.

Disclaimer: I just follow directions on transcript format.

Here’s a link to sermon if you’re interested.

2 Likes