May 1, 2022 - James 2:10-13 – Be Merciful

:hawaiianshirt_3: Pastor JD explains why it’s of paramount importance that we as Christians be merciful to others.

Watch on JDFarag.org

or watch here via youtube

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

12 Likes

So impactful. I felt wow.

How do you stay out of trouble?! Itself is an every day surrending, meditating on His Word, guarding your heart and mouth.

Strive to be more like Him and less of us.

8 Likes

I am having a hard time with this subject. I have learned to forgive people who I feel have wronged me and I truly want to be merciful to everyone; but how do I truly forgive or show mercy to women who publically praise the fact that they have had 4,5,6 abortions and have no intention of stopping and will help other women do the same; or people who bring drugs into the country that ill thousands of people and continue to do so , or a government who is actually harming and killing and is going to continue. People like this have no mercy; they have no remorse; they have no plans to repent. What should a Christian do? I really don’t understand where to turn on this. Please pray that God will show me the way.

2 Likes

I can definitely understand. Understanding and acknowledging that God has a perfect plan in pain. Our redemption draws near and ALL things will be put back to the way of garden of Eden. That’s the promise of God. I have heard this phrase - nothing in a crisis goes to waste with this PLANDEMIC. I also know something else. Nothing goes to waste with God.

Perhaps trying in your flesh to give something is the hardest to do - that’s why we need the Holy Spirit. Every day yeild, ask the Holy Spirit to give you a heart of flesh. Palpable and soft.

able to be touched or felt.
“the palpable bump at the bridge of the nose” - is the definition

This world will do you in but in Christ - we are more than overcomers.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
Romans 8:37

God demonstrates so much mercy towards all of us, not just “them.” How many times have we sinned against Him? Remember no sin is less or greater. It all leads to one path to death and destruction. When we examine just how merciful God is in our own lives, trust Him that whatever is happening He has a perfect plan that has yet to be unfolded. The grande finale has yet to come.

Follow God’s lead. His character. Trust in His way and leave it at that. Don’t keep holding onto it.

This is for me too by the way. Me too, I pray for those people who do dark deeds but I pray Lord have mercy on me because I have yet to come into fullness to what it truly means (his incredible mercy) in my human mind comprehension. Because He does, because we do. We don’t need the whys hows whats whens the whos. We just need God’s mercy for us and within us to extend and without questioning it. There’s nothing more to figure out.

3 Likes

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Psalm 23:6

1 Like