May 14, 2023: 1 John 2:3-11 – What Would My Lovingkindness Change?

:bible2: 1 John 2:3-11 – What Would My Lovingkindness Change?

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: poses a question to consider concerning the dramatic changes that would take place in every arena of our lives, were we to just show lovingkindness.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_Lovingkindness_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More 1 John Study Videos

10 Likes

Another deeply moving sermon. Thank you jd may we not be like those who heard Ezekiel as people listening to a lovely song and go away unchanged. May the Holy Spirit grant the seed you sowed will bear fruit in our lives.
Lord as in the covenant described in Hebrews 8 write your law on our heart and mind that we may know you and take away our iniquity.

15 Likes

Thank you Pastor JD, I needed this. I have asked the Lord to help me be kinder and gentler. My speech is mostly short and blunt…I get right to the point. I am not chatty. But my shortness can come across as rude and curt. I want to be more loving and kind.

13 Likes

Susan, years ago as a busy wife, mother, and bread winner, I found myself feeling irritated with others in public. Didn’t these people know I had a bizillion other things to do that day!? Then one Sunday a sermon was preached on patience, and it felt like God was saying to me, Kathryn, are you listening? I prayed that God would help me become more patience. He wasted no time in presenting me with more opportunities than I knew what to do with. LOL Be careful what you ask for. LOL
Even now, when I find myself in the line that hasn’t moved for several minutes, I smile a little on the inside, take a breath and practice patience.

My sister-in-law told me years ago that when she is waiting in line that she finds one person to give a compliment to. That works. The smile on the person’s face is good medicine for both of us.

Blessings

13 Likes

Thank you so much, that is an excellent idea. I’ll give it a try and watch how the Lord provides me lots of opportunities, like He did with you.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Are you and Susan my sisters from another Mr.?? This is me to a tea! Glad I have company in God using His rod and staff on me…lol.

4 Likes

@Flamingogirl49563, this forum is a refreshment for my spirit. I, otherwise, would live in seclusion. I think there are many of us even if they don’t comment.

The Rod! I’m pretty sure that God installed a hard rubber tip to one end for my benefit. :slightly_smiling_face:
I can be forgetful at times. Prayer is my soul saver.
About the rod. We read in different areas of God’s word, especially in Proverbs, about The Rod. Usually, it is in reference to us using it within the raising up of children. Isn’t this what God the Father is doing with us? Proverbs 23:13-16, “Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.”

Maybe you already know that the word “reins” can refer to the kidneys. Reins equal kidneys? In my limited knowledge of the body, my understanding is that the kidney is essential to life as it purifies our bodies. Often, the kidney’s loss of ability to purify, begins the death of the person. The first to be sacrificed. How delicate, how neccessary to life. When we speak right things, the purification of God’s correction gives Him cause to rejoice.

Psalms 119: 73-80 (Yodh) in part: 75-76, “I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me. Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.”
Most of the time, I think, God uses the other end of His rod, the softened end.

I am certain that Susan will tell of her many opportunities to give kindness to others. It is one of those traits that returns more on our investment.

Blessings

8 Likes

You gave me such a blessing with those scriptures. And no. I did not know about the meaning of reins. How appropriate a word that describes the proper function of an organ He created and its specific and very important purpose. My prodigal daughter has type 1 diabetes and has said in years past that God could heal her but she believes He never will. Oh if she could see that He wants to heal her heart most of all.
Thank you for your beautiful thoughts of His love and discipline for our good. I pray all day on and off but know God wants quality time with me, not just a minute here and there. I struggle with separation from others and have found such love and comfort from đear brothers and sisters on this forum like Margaret in Ireland, Doc, Bayou Bushi, JasonActs, and so many others. It is what keeps me joyful and positive.

5 Likes

You are a great blessing to others, knowing that someone as lovely as you also wrestles with prodigal xhild really encouraged me. And that lovely reference to death as a mini rapture that you made…i told wee Blondie about it anx it cheered her up incredibly. Gid bless you dear Caroke

5 Likes

IMG_20230521_102516_999
One day soon…That Trumpet will sound!!! Who’s watching with me???

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

5 Likes

@Flamingogirl49563, please allow a bit of my quirky levity. One day Very Soon we shall meet with each other in Jesus’s presence. I can imagine that as we all meet up from the ages, that there will be, perhaps, initial groupings of those who lived at the same time and went through life together. Such as us now: the last of the generations. Hugs and laughter all around! Come! Lord Jesus.

I have been praying today on what to say to you concerning your daughter. Margaret has a similar child by her comment. So, do I. Does it seem like they are pushing against us because we are their mothers? Too close to be of any good? Pastor JD’s title was What Would Lovingkindness Change? Sometimes God’s lovingkindness comes in physical restraints.
We so often frame God’s “Fatherboard” gift(s) as I like to say, in the positive. Those gifts given as He knits us together in our mother’s womb. He, in His omnipotence has equipped us for what we need and what will be of our lives. As a recipient of physical, congenital conditions (yep, more than one), I can understand how your daughter could feel disappointment or even anger toward God for allowing her Diabetes. Though I have not seen Heaven - yet, I have found comfort in the words of Jesus and Paul as it is written in 2 Corinthians 8-10 “For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

There have been days that I didn’t know if I would see the next, but I have. This is what I would say to your daughter if I could. If you think it would be helpful, please share this post with her.
Your Diabetes is given to you for your betterment. God also gave you the ability to understand everything you need to live with it. Do you have a keen understanding and knowledge of how the body works? Do you have opportunities to share with others your condition? Compassion for others with Diabetes or other illnesses and conditions? Have you had days where your glucose / insulin has nearly put you into a coma? But God! Dear child of Carole’s, God is allowing you time to come to Him. Don’t delay. Instead of seeing Diabetes as a bad thing, see this time as proof of His lovingkindness for you. Your mother has shared with you the Way and what you must do to be saved. If you choose Life, then what a mighty servant you could be! Take all that you have learned and experienced and use it to Christ’s glory. Every day will be sweeter (not necessarily easier) than the one before it.
I hope to see you alongside your mother when we meet.

Beware! satan will do everything to keep your daughter from salvation. Even now, as I am writing this, he means to distract and interrupt me.

Blessings

7 Likes

Oh if I could share this with her. She has shut me out of her life and I pray for her every day that we can reconcile. I will save this for that precious day…hopefully soon. Margaret has shared about her precious daughter Norah and she is on my heart often.

You are so wise in what you wrote about us being their moms and probably why we struggle getting along. As my girls would say when they were small and angry at me…“You’re not the boss of me”. And then the back and forth conversation about God commanding them to be obediant to parents, etc. Makes me smile a little to remember their faces when God came into the conversation. My heart aches to see her serve Him with her whole heart again. I will never give up praying for ALL prodicals.

6 Likes

What is your daughter’s first name? God knows her name, but if I know it too, then I will especially call it out in my prayers.

Blessings

5 Likes

Crystal…meaning brilliantly pure. I almost lost her, But God!!

Thank you for standing in the gap for her. Do you have a prodical? I thought you mentioned that you did.

5 Likes

I’m watching with you! Can’t wait to meet everyone.

4 Likes

Yes, her name is Lisa. Thank you for asking. :hugs:
Crystal, brilliantly pure… beautiful.
We can pray for our children together. :pray: :heart:

Blessings

4 Likes

It is such a comfort to know you and others like Margaret are praying for my daughter. What JD said today was powerful in that prayer is the “all in all” for us as believers. ALL we have; ALL we need. I found a helpful post on Pinterest. Yes, I know Pinterest is sketchy at times with all the “stuff” in it that we don’t need, but this Pin showed what the Holy Spirit does.

Maybe it will be an encouragement to you. Some of the things He does I was not aware. I have not read all the scripture yet so if I find some discrepancies or anything incorrect, I will let you know.

Lisa is now on the prayer list of miracles I will be waiting and praying to see come to pass, Amen? Thank you, dear sis.

BTW I knew a Kathy Blanchard in High School a long long long time ago. Couldn’t be you…lol.

5 Likes

Amen!

The list you shared is a great reminder of the power of the Holy Spirit. It struck me that as God the Father is Creator of all, the Word or Jesus gives life to all, it is the Holy Spirit that is the “hands on” hard working portion of the Godhead. Detailed in all things to ensure that we have everything we need. Wonderful!
Number 18 on the list caught my eye. When I looked it up, I nodded my head in agreement. I hadn’t thought about the Holy Spirit exactly in this way. We are told that only God the Father knows the day and hour. In simplicity of thought, the Holy Spirit stands at our side encouraging us to call out COME! as it calls out COME. That is awe-some!! How eager God is to gather us to Him.

Thank you for this blessing. :blush:

Blanchard is my married (now widow) alias. :upside_down_face:

My maiden name came from an unofficial “adoption” back in Colonial America. Great cover for my forefather.

I will tell you of the good news about Lisa when it comes.

Blessings

5 Likes

Hi Carole, i prayed for your daughter Crystal… i will pray for Kathryn’s daughter Lisa. :pray::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

THANK YOU! :hugs: :heart:

2 Likes