May 2 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

it’s been a little over a decade and you are still thinking deeply over what it means to walk with God. (btw I only have been for 7 years.) that’s diligence! :]

out on my bike ride just now, I remembered another example that might encourage you. my husband and I are reading through the Bible together for the first time. (and for him, it’s his first time ever.) been working on it for over a year now, and we just finished Job the other day. something I hadnt recalled, which really sunk in this time, was seeing how even though job’s friends had been “pitiless” toward job during his time of trial, God saved them at the end of the story, solely because of jobs sake. job prayed for his friends, and the Bible specifically states in some vernacular that they were only saved because of job.

so you can even be caught doing the wrong thing, and be saved. as long as you have a repentant heart. without due repentance God could not have accepted them, but He accepted them before they even did, because of job. I am praying for you and will keep it ongoing in my heart. God will find a way to save you if you deep down want it even if you struggle in bad ways. He knows your heart.

5 Likes

If you are just beginning to read the Bible, my suggestion is to start with the book of John. For the Old Testament Psalms 1 talks about letting God be your counselor. I like to read from both testaments. I love the stories in Exodus and am re-reading them to get the family trees back in my head. In Exodus you will see God’s patience with the Israelites and His laws. Find a translation that is easy to read. Like the New International Version (NIV), New American Standard or New King James Version. There are so many to choose from with that you need to stick with one that is closest to the Greek & Hebrew texts. You can go onto www.biblegateway.com to read & compare different translations.

4 Likes

@FoxMan did a wonderful job of going over that. I come from a Calvinist/Lordship Salvation background. They look for a lot of fruit. I believe they mean well, but sometimes it scares me to think like what my previous camps answer might be: Lord we looked for fruit and we found fruit…like this and that and the other thing. But when we look at the adverse side of the Matt 7:23 this is what we find:

Matt 25:34-40

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You as a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it for one of the least of these brothers or sisters of Mine, you did it for Me.’

They had to ask, “When did we do this or that.” Quite different and very complimentary to Jacks very nice overview. Blessings.

1 Like

Thankyou so very much… I really appreciate this x I’ve learned so much on this site, even the heated debates have given me lots to think about… but your direction to scripture concerning life events is very helpful
Thankyou xx :heart::pray::latin_cross:

3 Likes

The man in my dream is a true man of God. A watchman like Farag. And i’m sure the name was spelled ‘Avaris’
In the meantime i found this name has relations to Joseph and the land of Goshen.
It could mean ‘a place where the curse passes by’
So that’s pretty awesome

2 Likes

@FoxMan Thanks for this reply. Very helpful. And i’m sure the name was Avaris, so that thankfully rules out the negative bits.
In the meantime i contacted the man in question and after prayer he could tell me that it is about an ancient place in egypt (a place where the curse passes by).

4 Likes

Thank you @TCC ! My prayers for the past couple weeks have been, Lord, make me fruitful by the power of the HOly Spirit…I pray daily (even by the hour) to be filled with the Spirit to produce fruits…I realize I can’t do this in my own flesh…but it’s a battle!..just when I have a good thought, then a bad thought pops in…the flesh wareth against the spirit and vice versa!..but He that is in us is greater

4 Likes

It’s not hard to imagine how this will go as the world comes against Israel and why a PeaceMaker will be welcomed into the situation. The only question is “How long?” before that happens.

2 Likes

1 Like

i completely feel your perspective here!! i want to suggest one thing a little bit off from it. when it comes to unbelievers, i am concerned that John is too far-fetched for them in the moment. the miracles of Jesus are simply not of this world, and their knowledge is mostly based on the world. so they might see it as a Santa or Easter Bunny tale where impossible things happened, and must not really have. the book of John is simply “too wonderful” for them, is my concern. so my suggestion for a first book would be Proverbs. its clear-cut wisdom through and through, things that most people would agree with, line by line, idea by idea, and it gives you an idea what the rest of the Bible is going to point to. i imagine it depends on the person you are recommending to, but thats what goes through my mind when thinking of what to suggest to a first-time reader. <3

edit: i am reading your post again, and realizing completely that you are speaking to someone who DOES believe, so i am SORRY for speaking as though you are talking about a totally green person. <3 this person will be fine reading John. i got off-track thinking of people who have never read any of it and therefore havent believed it.

1 Like

btw, i am sorry i got off-track and forgot to look back at the rest of what you said and make sure to assess it in full. so heres more response.

it is awesome to hear of you feeling the “spiritual cleansing” lately. i relate to that. i guess i was thinking my response was tied in to the idea that 11 years of such is good to have led to that feeling you have. like youve cleaned up SO many layers of dirt, and now youre digging up the tighter foundations of sin, the things that are actually harder to undo, and grow new branches if not kept in check. it is great to hear of what youre doing now and the questions youre asking yourself. <3

1 Like

Hi catfaire,
I had backed away a bit myself, not really liking conflict or discord and always wanting to stand up for anyone I perceive as being picked on. I have come back with renewed energy and love for the word, JD, his people and the truth. I believe if things are said in love people can disagree. I hope you continue to use your voice here and share. I love to hear other’s thoughts and opinions since I am not the best at bible reading (but I do watch many sermon’s and have been in church almost my whole life). During these times, I think it is important for Christians to stick together and uplift one another. I hope to do so and I sure hope you will be around to do so as well. We should be feeling less stress, more love and more hope in God’s word and with his people.

8 Likes

Reading your explanation and thanking Him for crossing our paths. I’m feeling led to share my story.

I grew up in a Christian home. We didn’t attend church regularly. I taught myself the Lord’s Prayer from a picture that hung in our living room. I was given one of those small copies of Psalms and Proverbs when I was still in elementary school and cherished it.
I always felt drawn to our Lord, even though I didn’t understand.
I didn’t get baptized until I was an adult with children of my own. There was a sense of peace.
But…
It wasn’t until I completely accepted Him, started reading the Bible and turned my life over to Him that I got it. It finally hit my heart and soul.
I look back now and see where I was changed. I no longer wanted the things of this world. I WANTED to do His will and be an example of those fruits.
Lately when talking with Him I have acknowledged and thanked Him for changing me. I see where I wasn’t a nice person and things I brought upon myself.
It is so humbling when you can literally see who you were and who He changed you to be.
For anybody that reads this, know His love for each of us is deeper, higher and wider than we can ever imagine. Truly accepting Him above all things will change your heart and perspective. Make sure it is true and not because it is something you think you have to do. Turn your life over to Him.
God bless you!

9 Likes

Perhaps a believer with a lot of knowledge can understand Proverbs. I doubt a new believer would enjoy the Proverbs. Maybe you yourself need to look at 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

The world will never understand the book of John nor do they have any use for any book. There is a great story in John 3 about a political man who asked Jesus questions on how to be saved. John tells us he was a member of the ruling government, a lawyer, if you will. Read about it. John’s Gospel tells of Jesus’ miracles, his ministry, death, resurrection and the hope of the Comforter coming to those who follow him. It sets the stage for the day of Pentecost.

A note…to say that Jesus’ miracles were too “far-fetched” to believe is a dangerous mindset. All Scripture is God-breathed, from God and it’s not social media or make believe. If you discount John’s Gospel, maybe you need to look up Josephus a writer of that time frame. He records events of Jesus’ day in non-fiction writings. Another note…a new believer has heard the Word of God either in a church meeting, TV, radio or from someone who has shared the Gospel with them. They are not totally ignorant of the Word.

3 Likes

I’m speaking from my own former perspective. I’m probably not the only one who ever questioned the stories of Jesus. proverbs is something I found truth in early on, when I had doubts of the miraculous events. i see a lot of notes about you telling me that perhaps I need to read this or that. I’ll be glad to humor you on that. but I was just trying to chime in on the idea of a new reader’s studying. I am not an expert so I’m sorry if my idea could be wrong for someone. but I’m not going to deny the perspective I once had, and I don’t find that to be a dangerous thing to share; it is something to be alert to and anticipate when speaking with someone who is against believing in the Bible. people who were sensitive to my early doubts, really helped me by acknowledging the roots of why I didn’t believe, and nowadays I believe it’s true what Jesus did. it’s true that I felt it was far-fetched, but not anymore.

and to clarify again, I was wrong originally when I went down my own rabbit trail and forgot that you were speaking to an actual believer. <3 I was excited for the what-appeared-to-be an opportunity to share my long-standing idea, based on what worked for me as an unbeliever.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Indeed, and Paul would say of this in

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor principalities,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers,
neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us
from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

6 Likes

@alllllz @clc363 A note…" to say that Jesus’ miracles were too “far-fetched” to believe is a dangerous mindset " …But not uncommon

Matt. 28:10 Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t be afraid! Go tell my brothers to leave for Galilee, and they will see me there.”

16 Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him—but some of them doubted!

I figure if they doubted, given their circumstances, were doing great 2000 years later.
Doc

7 Likes

My first exposure to scripture was from a living bible version. I somehow started on proverbs because I wanted to go to my worldly parties and sound smart and deep. Ironically, while I was reading proverbs I thought that the bible was a very unique book…because it felt like it was talking to me. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

no worries, I appreciate your response! Thanks for reminding me of the “pruning process.” But, I will tell you that it is not fun process to go through. You think surely a plant can’t have any pain by having its branches trimmed or ripped out…but when done in man, pain is involved. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Seems you have made it your mission or have been given a mission, by who and what for?

Its let us hear your summary of what is going on in the Church and the world today? What preachers do you stand with and follow as true leaders from Yahweh?

Shalom

3 Likes