May 2 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehends it not.

John 1:5

10 Likes

Well stated brother :slight_smile:

Jackā€¦all I can say is HERE WE GO AGAIN

I so appreciate your patience and the way you represent yourself in Christ Jesus. But as for meā€¦well, I for one refuse go back and forth with anyone any longer.

5 Likes

TCC,
I must say, I so love and respect the way you so thoughtfully express yourself and am always so grateful for your responses.
From my hear to yoursā€¦thanks Teren!

2 Likes

Wow. Thanks dear sister for reading all of that. lol/ Very lovely gesture. I really appreciate your kind words and loving heart Vicki. I hope you have been well blessed lady. Any thing I can pray about ATM?

1 Like

Umā€¦ that is NOT John 16:16. Itā€™s actually Mark 16:16. Just to clarify.

2 Likes

Congrats!
Remember, modest beginnings start with a single blow of a horn.

1 Like
5 Likes

One thing we also want to keep in mind - have emergency water devices. You can go without food but not without water. I bought a water purifying straw with a bottle. I also bought a water bob (emergency water storage device to put in your bath and fill with water). Think about buying extra food that can be kept in storage. Indeed, I have cash handy and will print out statements of bank and superannuation etc. Print copies of your cards and passport etc. Buy a bike so you can get around a bit easier than on foot.

4 Likes

This isnā€™t aimed at anyone in particular, Iā€™m just slotting in my comments somewhere because I havenā€™t got a clue how to start a threadā€¦ x

Iā€™ve been enjoying this forum, but whatā€™s happening?.. I was learning so much, Iā€™ve not been reading the bible very long, not been praying very long eitherā€¦ I was getting a lot out of the conversations and I was trying to put a bit back by praying for others, and being friendlyā€¦ but this last few days it feels like itā€™s been non stop bickering, where has it come from, ā€¦Treat others as you yourself would like to be treat, love one another ā€¦ Iā€™m not feeling it at the momentā€¦This is the only contact I have with anyone who believes in Christ Jesus, ā€¦ here is where I come for loving company, I have never had the opportunity to pray beside another person, I dont know what fellowship is, or how it feels, everything I am learning about Christs family is right here on these pagesā€¦ this isnā€™t aimed at anyone, I dont like causing trouble, but Iā€™m a lone a baby Christian, and could really do with seeing some love thy neighbor right now, because you guys are the only people in the world that I have.
Unconditionally I love you x can we go back to how it was xx please xx Julie x

15 Likes
6 Likes

I believe you are correct. :slight_smile:

And yes that is (Mark 16:16)

So many miss the Baptism (by fire) of the Holy Spirit. Even John the Baptist spoke of it in (Mark 1:7-8).

It is an essential gift after salvation. So much so that Paul expresses concern for it in (Acts 19:1-7).

Here we see the difference in the shadow of things to come represented in the Law (water baptism), and the actual light that has now come from our Messiah who has finished His work for our salvation (Baptism of the Spirit).

Those who claim water baptism is required for salvation miss this new administration in the new covenant. Itā€™s not that the old covenant is done away with, it is that the new covenant establishes the old and fulfills it in Christ our Lord, because we could not meet itā€™s requirements. This is why He says, ā€œWithout Me, you can do nothingā€.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so very true.

Fresh drinkable water is such an important emergency supply, whether for weather, E-quake, civil war, prepping long term , etc.

I have a water straw for my bug-out bag. They are relatively cheap for the amount of fresh water you can get through them.

People can also do research on water stills too.

Portable solar cookers are an option also, for both cooking and sterilizing (boiling) water. As long as you have sun access.

3 Likes

Wow well done Tuckerā€¦! Hes a brave manā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if I had any part in making you feel this way. disagreements make up maybe 25% of what I see on this forum and I want it to always lead to mutual love and respect. if I have failed in some way to be the way I should, I am sorry. I hope you see a better trend here quickly and will be encouraged by that. thank you for your message here.

6 Likes

Hi JuliešŸ˜ Iā€™m so glad you are here and so so happy that you found Jesus! As tension rises in this world, we will see it everywhere. There are very kind and loving people here who truly just love others and the word of God. I understand how you feel because I feel it to. When it gets hard, remember HIS love, mercy and grace. In the end, thatā€™s all that truly matters. HE is the way, the truth and the life and we are to share this with everyone, even believers because sometimes we forget.
Have a blessed day and keep looking up my friend.

8 Likes

This morning, on our local news, it was reported that a fully vaccinated person died of covid. They were scrambling to explain it. Lol. This worldā€¦gotta NOT love it.

12 Likes

Well said JRW. :slight_smile: As this forum is open to Christians from all different levels, walks, and diverse doctrinal leanings, there will be views shared here at times that may conjure up differing opinions. This forum has actually come along way in this regard. And it seems, to me, to be primed to mature into a richer fellowship dynamic. It is a good thing that we have moderators now from among our ranks which will assist greatly in steering our forum in an edifying and encouraging environment.

I am actually glad you shared this. I am not glad at all that you have come to feel this though. I am glad you shared this because your inputs help to shape our forum. I am not glad that you have come to feel this because that was never the idea and design in the heart of Pastor JD for this forum.

Julie, I think you will see a lot of love here in the days to come. This forum has gone through a lot during the months I have been here. And from what I see, it is heading in a good direction. One really wonderful quality about this forum is that, as far as I can see, this is not like the direction social media is headed. In this forum, there is a respect and appreciation of and for differing opinions. Unfortunately that may come with its measure of fall out from time to time. But as one of those that has some rather strong differing views in places than the general consensus of this forum, although imperfectly, I always strive for maturing and strengthening levels of discourse and fellowship here. And I think this is a really great place for that with huge potential. We hope to share in your feeling the love. And thanks for sharing your heart with us. :slight_smile: Blessings.

PS ā€“ I just noticed that your post was a response to an earlier post on this thread. If you not had a chance to read my initial thoughts on that earlier post, please check out my response post (it kind of gives a little more flavor hopefully of our unique environment here).

Click Here For My Earlier Post On This Issueā€¦

5 Likes

As I said, it wasnā€™t aimed at anyone in particularā€¦its something that was happening, I could see and feel was becoming more than a discussion and just needed calming downā€¦ for everyoneā€™s sakeā€¦ Iā€™m not one to step in never have been, I absolutely love seeing the discussions and hope it doesnā€™t stopā€¦ Iā€™m sorry too if Iā€™ve made anyone uncomfortable that wasnā€™t my intentionā€¦ God bless x

7 Likes

And also this forum is unfortunately by nature open to those who claim to be Christians also, but are here for things other than Christian Fellowship.

The good thing though is that they usually self identify pretty quicklyā€¦ :slight_smile:

Part of being in the world, but not of it. But by this we learn discernment, patience, and even love of our enemies. Itā€™s not the person we battle, but the spirit behind them.

Best option for the new and the weak of faith is to avoid engagement. Tough hurdle sometimes coming out of the world I know. Been there myself, and am still there some days. :smiley:

13 Likes