November 14, 2021 - Hebrews 11:32-40 - Hold On to Faith

:hawaiianshirt_4: Pastor JD explains how it is that we can hold on to our faith, despite the weakness of our faith, or persecution for our faith.

Watch on JDFarag.org
image (2)

or watch on youtube

27 Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, 28 and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.

Philippians 1:27-28

13 Likes

With each passing week as I am so deeply touched, my gratitude for our Pastor only increases. May he and his loved ones be kept safe in the loving hands of God.

17 Likes

Thank you Pastor J.D. Your sermon really spoke to me and answered a lot of questions I had been asking the Lord.
In many ways I am a Gideon, although not called to mount up an army or that sort of thing.
I am the weakest especially when it comes to trials. Therefore Godā€™s strength can be made perfect in me. I saw my weakness as something to be ashamed of, but if it can be used for Godā€™s Honor and Glory, I will Praise the Lord for my weakness and trials. Hallelujah.

7 Likes

My question is about the video Hold On To Faith.
Great video, and I agree with Pastor JD on facts.
My question is, and Iā€™ve asked myself this question often, why fight for a dying country?
Maybe I misunderstood, but I do feel like taking a stand against them vaccinating our children is a fight worth fighting. I feel this is a Hill worth dying on, I donā€™t want them vaccinating 5 years old, or any children for that matter, another issue I have is sex trafficking/grooming our children in the schools.
Until the Lord returns I feel like abortions we as Christianā€™s need to stand up and fight for the innocent children.
Am I wrong for feeling this way.
As for myself Iā€™m ready to meet my Abba and leave everything behind.

5 Likes

So discouraged this morning. How many of you, like me, feel like we are Moishe? Do you remember, or have you read Elise Wieselā€™s Nobel Prize winning autobiographical book, ā€œNight?ā€ If so, you will know what I mean.

Iā€™ve tried to warn people Iā€™ve known and love. My mother, my brother and his wife, most all of my nieces and nephews, friends, ā€œfamilyā€ from my old church . . . They all submitted to the propaganda. . . I guess they must have thought that to consider the alternative to the mainstream, and to their ā€œhealth careā€ providers, was just unthinkable. Millennial children in my life just CANā€™T look this in the face. They are clinging to the belief that, in time, this will all blow over. Today Iā€™m so discouraged that I just want to hide like Gideon. And I sure wish for, actually long and pant for clear and specific direction from the Lord regarding just what we are to DO! How much more alarm sounding can I do when no one is listening?? And Jesus said, ā€œWhen you begin to see these things happening, look up . . . ā€œ. Thatā€™s it. Look up. Maybe by that point Jesus was trying to convey that there was nothing more that we COULD do??? Just feeling very helpless and know that ā€œin our weakness He is strong . . . ā€œ. . . Know that He is in control . . . Know that things look hopeless, but GOD!! . . . Still, this place at the sea when All we can see is the advancing of the enemy, and we watch in horror as loved ones just stand frozen and numb . . . Oh, the desperation Iā€™m feeling is just unbearable right at this moment. . .

Your thoughts anyone??

4 Likes

Oh Brenda, I know exactly what you mean. It can be so discouraging! I came to the conclusion that Iā€™ve done all that I can -like a watchman and the rest is in Godā€™s hands-until He tells me otherwise. But so hard when itā€™s family. I am also beginning to wonder if the church will go through some tougher times like Pastor JD said in order to purify the church and cause true believers to finally ā€˜seeā€™ and unbelievers to believe.

Lord, I lift up Brenda to You today; please strengthen her by your amazing grace. Help her abandon to You in complete trust for herself and her family. Lord, it is getting so hard to wait for Your return because we donā€™t have a date on the calendar to help us endure patiently.
Your word saysā€¦
ā€œHope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life. ā€œ (Proverbs 13:12 NKJV)
But we need Your strength to endure. Help us keep our eyes on You and please guide our next steps. I know Iā€™m praying this for myself as well. I am tired and Iā€™m afraid I will not represent You well as people I love look at me strangely bc You have not come yet. As Oswald Chambers put it, let us see ā€œ an objective certainty of Your presenceā€ to help us through one more day and then another because one day is as far as I can hope. Amen.

4 Likes

What a beautiful prayer and expresses exactly my thoughts and feelings! Surely Spirit led. . . And Iā€™m both encouraged and saddened that you are just burdened as I am :cry: I especially appreciated that, Iā€™d JUST said to the Lord that I donā€™t know what to do or say anymore, so I have to leave these ones I love with Him, AGAIN!! And I loved the quote by Oswald Chambers. Canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve prayed that our Father would make himself REAL to our children especially, who have grown up in a time and place where everything seems to be illusion and deception . . . And Godā€™s Word just another fairytale! :sob: praying Godā€™s forgiveness for whatever I might have done or not done to have let them down in my role as a discipling parent. In retrospect, I clearly see the darkness of the spiritual battle our family faced for a very long time. Praying Godā€™s mercy and protection for you and yours, and for me and mine, and for all of us here as we struggle to hold on to hope and sanity! Longing for home!! Longing for rescue!!

6 Likes