October 15, 2023: 1 John 5:18-21 -- When Jesus Is My Life

PROMISES

Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and guide you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and keep my eyes upon you.”

Matthew 6:26 “Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”

Matthew 10:29–31 “Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore, you are of more value than many sparrows.”

2 Corinthians 1:20 “For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”

10 Likes
3 Likes

Friday, October 20

Confidence

But there is a God in heaven.
Daniel 2:28

Day by day, the world is unraveling, becoming more frayed and afraid, more unstable and unsteady. We hear of wars and rumors of war, of false christs, of famines, of earthquakes, and of pestilences. Nations are rising against nations and kingdoms against kingdoms. Christians are attacked and slain at an accelerated pace. But there is a God in heaven.

We needn’t pace the floor at night or run around in a frenzy. We shouldn’t faint, fear, or fret. There is a God in heaven.

Daniel, too, lived in a churning world of change, empires rising and falling. His own nation, Israel, was wiped off the earth like a stain. But Daniel’s spirit remained steady because he understood the sovereign providence of the God of heaven. “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,” he wrote, “for wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings…. The Most High rules in the kingdom of men” (Daniel 2:20-21; 4:17).

In the Last Days perilous times will come, but there is a God in heaven—and if you know Christ as Savior, this God is your God. He rules and reigns, and our times are in His hands (Psalm 31:15).

Nothing is too big for [God] to handle, and nothing is too small to escape His attention.
Jerry Bridges

Dr. David Jeremiah

9 Likes

Some glad morning when this life is over I’ll fly away
To a home on Gods celestial shore - I’ll fly away
MARANATHA !! :pray: :latin_cross: :smile:

9 Likes

I sat on those same pews and imagined similar things. Isn’t God good? I have never doubted the Lord that I can remember. It has been a constant in my life but only by the power and love of the Holy Spirit. I am glad to have a fellow pew sitter that remembers the Jesus of her childhood and His goodness and everlasting love. Our church had Hebrews 13:8 in large iron script over the front of the platform. First scripture I memorized.

JESUS CHRIST THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND FOREVER.

HALLELUJAH!

6 Likes

AMEN dear sister. This is a blessing. Thank you for loving on me today with your words. May the God of peace surround you today with His love, and shower on you the desires of your heart.

3 Likes

Singing it with you dear brother!

4 Likes

This made me smile and encouraged me, my fellow pew sitting sister. To be truthful, though it’s hard to admit, it seems that one of the ways my enemy seeks to trip me up has always been by planting seeds of doubt, especially when I hear sermons about our second birthday. Seems oft times others can name THE day when they were born again. And I never truly could. Then, I would ask the Lord to save me again!! And again!!! And again!!! I guess I’d never really understood the difference between salvation and sanctification??? I was talking with my mom about this very thing recently, and she said, “You’ve always had a deep faith, even as a very small child.” And that is true. I can’t remember a time in my life when I didn’t believe in Jesus, nor a time when I didn’t recognize my need for Him. I did get very mixed up and rebellious as a teen and young adult. Spent a lot of time looking to the world to meet my needs, and trying to “help God out” in answering my prayers. And then I doubted my salvation. Those doubts, and my shame, haunt me still sometimes, especially when I hear stories of others whose lives were dramatically changed overnight! I’m still changing in little bits at a time I guess. But . . . Here I am singing “Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus” and “Oh for faith to trust Him more.” Especially now, when time seems so short and answers to prayers long prayed have not yet come. :pray::heart::flamingo:

8 Likes

Dear Brenda, you and I are two peas in a pod. I knelt and prayed the sinner prayer at the young age of 8 never fully understanding all that my confession really meant until many years later, and yes just like you after years of going my own way and not really knowing how to put my confession and faith to the test. I guess it is possible to have a dramatic life changing experience at a young age, but that wasn’t my experience. Nevertheless, it was real, and I know Whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day!! You and I were not meant to be a Martin Luther, Billy Graham. We are meant for such a time as this. Seeking God’s will day by day, hour by hour and looking for that Blessed Hope is what we were meant for. Doubt is such a devil downer and he can never succeed because we were bought with a price and paid for. Its o.k. to have doubts, just allow yourself a split second or two and then lift your voice in praise to the Holy One of Israel who has called you out of darkness into the glorious light.

Did you catch all my song references…lol? You can tell I love to sing and worship the Lord, huh?
I know you are a child of the most high God and always will be. Maybe that is a tattoo that He would be o.k. with to put on your heart. I would need mine on my forehead so when I look in the mirror it is a good reminder…lol!

And…prayers not yet answered WILL BE. Those precious ones you are praying for may come running to you in heaven with tears of joy and a big, long hug. Oh yes, dear sis. I have those prayers to and only think about those dear ones as saved. I don’t see them any other way!

5 Likes

Just a few more weary days and then,
I’ll fly away,
To a land where joy shall never end,
I’ll fly away.

6 Likes

Oh singing along here, dear Carol Ann! Your response brought tears this morning. It is so good to be understood!!! And God is great and very, very good. Can’t wait to meet you one day! Until then, just keep singing and hoping and believing! :heart:

5 Likes

To remind you Who loves you and that Jesus has you in the palms of His hands…while Yahweh has His son in His hands. Double covering…then there is His Spirit within…If God is for you, who can ever be against you? Call out to Him and remember you are His daughter. He will always keep His eyes and hands on you. You are a precious jewel in His eyes. The world doesnt know better, as they dont know Him. God knows. Rest in Him. Trust in Him. He is yours and best of all…you are His. Psalm 91:2. Deuteronomy 31:6.

6 Likes

@Lgreen , Lesley, thank you for your kind guidance in remembrance of the power, grace, and tenderness of the Godhead.

I don’t subscribe to Spotify, so I was able to hear only the first words of the songs. No worries. Your heart in thinking of my needs in chosing the songs is encouragement enough.

I share parts of my life as examples as to how and why I see God’s word in action. To, perhaps, illustrate that many of us have faced these things and for them to find stength that they are not alone. The scripture is perfect for this.

Blessings

5 Likes

Tit 2:13 our blessed Hope

2 Likes

Youtube if needed:

Psalm 4:

Psalm 34

Psalm 91:

5 Likes

The Psalms Project is something to subsvribe to. The Lord put me onto them yesterday, bevause He is good and loving, and His lovingkindness mever ends. I needed these as much as anyone. I am going through quite a bit of my own “fire” experiences. If you look into the reason. Behind this ministry, they said they were tasked by Abba to do them. I believe in these days…this is a truth. Music not tainted and able to be prayed alongside can be hard to find. I have some that are Isaiah too, if you want them.

1 Like

True worship: song, prayer, and loving God and one another. I like to pray the scripture. Now…Ihave a song. Singing is powerful, especially in praise and glory to our Father and Jesus, and supplication and prayers. How blessed are we to have these resources now? Only God. Glory to Him for His love and mercy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yum:

5 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you too dear sis. I long to see all the sweet sisters I have gained on this dear forum. Just remember to look for the tattoo on my forehead CHILD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD…lol.

2 Likes

What a friend we have in Jesus !!! We should never be discouraged- take :laughing:it to the Lord in prayer ! Blessed assurance Jesus is mine !! :pray: :latin_cross:
This my song - praising the savior. All the day long :laughing:

3 Likes

So true dear Leslie. Worship is what we were born for. It is not always about singing for those who say they have no voice, but it is the submission of all our nature to God. It is the quickening of the conscience by His Holiness, the nourishment of the mind with His Truth, the purification of the imagination by His beauty, the opening of the heart to His love, the surrender of will to His purpose. All of this gathered up in adoration, the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable. (written by William Temple)

4 Likes