October 15, 2023: 1 John 5:18-21 -- When Jesus Is My Life

:bible2: 1 John 5:18-21 – When Jesus Is My Life

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about what our life as born-again Christians can be like when our whole life is Jesus, Who is our life.

Watch on JDFarag.org
JD_MyLife_cover

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

12 Likes

As unthinkable as the crimes of some were and are…so were so many of mine. However the judge of ALL THINGS hasn’t and won’t declare them unforgivable, and isn’t THAT what the merciful blood covering is?

Praise be to our Holy Righteous Father and His lamb…our true and living precious Lord Jesus.

9 Likes

I don’t think you can homogenize homonyms :thinking:

Holy; sacred
Wholly; entirely

“Be ye holy, for I am holy” (1 Peter 1:16)

Have I heard it different than I ought to?

Disclaimer: (As it may be obvious to some) I am not the grammar g.o.a.t.

nor do I wish to be a grammar nazi

:joy::rofl::joy:

Actually, I’m not a goat at all…we be sheep! :wink:

4 Likes

I remember after I surrendered my life to Christ over 30 years ago a mantra of:

Jesus is my reality

enthusiastically inhabited my thoughts as well as my speech. A playful play on words but oh so genuine in its humble gratitude. So many battles later, it’s like the enemy has tried to literally beat it out of me. But the enemy has failed because I am thinking that and professing it today. (Exhibit A: this post)

Jesus Victorious!!!

13 Likes

“JESUS Loves You and will provide everything You need in these Last days.”

Alan Brayshaw

8 Likes

“Set Your eyes on Jesus. Stop listening to flesh. Many secretly want You to fail.”

Alan Brayshaw

6 Likes

“Elevate others, pray for others. Help others Succeed and the Lord will focus on You”

Alan Brayshaw

6 Likes

I want to thank you Pastor for this study as well as the updateThe Lord has shown me the error of my skewed thinking

5 Likes

I first learned of this song sung by Sheena Lee in 2021 from Amir Tsarfati on his Behold Israel fb page. Beautiful song :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

These scriptures are so powerful and encouraging. John the Apostle, King David, Paul, all had a way with words. By the very words they wrote, the Holy Spirit is so visual in them, and we benefit from them these 2600+ years later. Thank you, Lord for your Word that is alive and so available to anyone who wants it. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

So, Jesus has gotten under your skin, huh? Me too and I am richer and freer that I ever have been. I asked Jesus to live in my heart at 8 years old. Although I did not have a full understanding of what that meant, I meant it and today at 66 it is more clear, more powerful, more lovely each day that passes. Though the days are dark, His love is sweeter, richer, fuller, deeper as the days go by (as the song says). The more I love Him, the more I trust Him, nothing good from me He’ll deny. The longer I know Him, the better I can show Him; I couldn’t stop now if I tried!

SWEETER AS THE DAYS GO BY

9 Likes

All that thrills my soul is Jesus,
He is more than life to me;
and the fairest of ten thousand
in my blessed Lord I see.

Come Lord!

8 Likes

If you are feeling the heaviness and weight of the evil abounding and the attacks invading all around you, are not alone. I’m feeling it myself. We must hide in the secret place of the shelter of the Most High God spoken of in Psalm 91 and restore and refresh our soul, being washed by the word of God daily, soaking ourselves in His presence and laying our burdens down at His feet. Every hour we need him. We cannot put our guard down for a second or the enemy will attack. We are fighting a battle but we have all the weapons of warfare we need and the power of God for all who believe. Stand and see the salvation of the Lord, be still and know that He is God. Rest Beloved Saints He’s coming soon to rescue us :pray::heart:

Rachel

12 Likes

Oh Jesus, though so far from all you’d meant me to be, THIS is all that truly matters. . . Show me daily the steps I must take to one day hear those sweet words. “Well done.”

5 Likes

Ditto that! Amen and Amen! This was great encouragement to this greyhair who once sat on a hard church pew with her grandmother in her blue pill box hat and, during those long sermons that she didn’t really understand would just imagine herself climbing up in Jesus’ lap where somehow she just knew that she was welcome and safe and treasured and dearly loved! Through the trials and heartbreaks and falls and failings since then, the enemy has def done his best to rob me of that assurance. But he is a defeated foe and today there is no where I’d rather be than safe in the arms of Jesus. So, Jesus wins!!

7 Likes

Do you believe in the Rapture and that it will happen soon?

If you believe in the Rapture and that it will happen soon, then you don’t need to worry about the future as there really is no future for us Christians other than Heaven. So there is no need to fear what may happen to you now or in the future. Just wait on God.

A made up story…

A young 15 year old girl named Jane who lived in a really bad neighborhood had a father that was not present and a drug addicted mother. She was a good girl and trying her best to have a good future by getting good grades and being a nice person. Unfortunately her efforts were in vain, as she was abused by boys, teased by girls and had no friends.

As her 16 birthday approached she wondered why she was ever born, as her life was so bad. She started to have thoughts of killing herself and putting herself out of her misery as she felt she had no future. Then she had a thought of maybe the father that she did not know could help her. She then asked her mother how she could get in contact with her father. Her mother gave her his address and Jane wrote a letter asking if her father could help her.

A week later Jane received a letter from her father saying that he did not know her mother was pregnant and that he had a daughter. Now that he knew he said he that he had become very successful and would be more than happy to come get Jane and fully provide for her. There was nothing that she needed to do as he would provide everything! He said he had some business to take care of, but would come get her very soon! Jane was now just happily waiting.

The point of this story is that Jane was miserable feeling her life was really bad with no future, but all that changed with the letter from her father. Well the same can be true for any Christian currently alive as no matter how bad their life is, the Rapture will happen very soon. So they do not need to be concerned with their current situation or their future. The Rapture is God’s rescue for Christians just like Jane’s father was a rescue for her. Like Jane, we should just be happily waiting!

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Goodboy :blush:

10 Likes

Thank you thats a beautiful parable

5 Likes

Thank you for the story. It blessed my heart.

4 Likes

sweet love this story :two_hearts:
Jesus bless you goodboy

2 Likes

Acts 17:23, “And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;”

The pride of life can come wrapped in a wide swath of coverings and adorned with tempting bobbles. Pastor JD pointed out various adjectives some people like to put before “Christain”. If you were born, say in America, would you identify as an American Christain, or a Christain American?
Jacob Pannell said, “The second word of the question is an adjective that describes the first. So, it is the first word that is the primary definer of the person with the second only modifying the definition. The question then, asks something much deeper, where does your loyalty primarily lie? Are you more loyal to being an American or a Christian? In the question of loyalty, I believe there is a growing divide.”

I refer to myself as a born-again believer aka BAB (Zoogle took BAB as my first name and insisted then that I provide my last name hence, BAB BAB). This world is not my home. The Lord chose the when, and the where, and the how long.

[“and the bounds of their habitation.” Elon and the rest might think they are escaping on their own USS Enterprise, but me thinks otherwise.]

I made mention in another thread about my late husband choosing the way in which he would die. The prior year his sister and her husband stopped by on their travels. Initially, we all were in the garage, but I went inside for a few minutes. At the exact moment of my re-entrance into the garage, I heard my husband say, “When I die, I want to go with this”. He was gently patting the trunk of his beloved original 1969 Chevelle Super Sport. My brother-in-law said he wanted to play a perfect front 9-hole game of golf, then die of a massive heart attack. His sister told them to stop, and they did. Hotrods and golf where their idols. Soo…how did they die? My late husband was frantic over a quarter size fluid leak from installing a new racing transmission. He couldn’t wait for his buddy to help, so he uncharacteristically drove it up onto front ramps with only two small jacks toward the back. Our kids were sound asleep when I arrived home from work at 1:20 a.m. to find him passed away underneath the car. Somehow, he had done something causing the car to shift into neutral allowing the car to roll down the ramps. He had a new pacemaker. There was a V-shaped pipe that according to the coroner had perfectly struck both his heart and the pacemaker, stopping them both.
My brother-in-law died of a massive heart attack while sitting on his sofa. No perfect golf game.

I have admittedly, fear when it comes to getting under a vehicle. Today, as always, I spoke with the Lord before I changed the oil in my Ram truck. I do not jack it up! I spoke with the Lord last week before repairing the water line and replacing the float dooflinkie in my toilet. I need Him! At all hours of the day and night I need Him.
Praise be to my Father’s mercy and my Help, Christ Jesus. :raised_hands:

Blessings

9 Likes