October 22, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- Whose Side Are You On?

Thanks brother for your kind and considerate post.

You know i probably never should have used “stoic” lol. But the core sense of that i think occurs (in what i mean) regardless of how moderators are. I understand your point i think. Would i want moderators too monitoring or loosley monitoring? I would favor the latter which is what we have and is i believe correct on a host of levels. With that though we will get members who might want more policing. So we kind of self police. Use of flags is awesome…and when i do i really enjoy it…lol. I should not admit that. I guess i allow myself that because i don’t do it much at all.

But this stoic thing is probably not all that fair to use such a term in our forum. It makes sense in how i mean it. But its colloquialism is not something we use much here. So to specify, by it i mean that we toughen up one another via virtue. In some ways this is scriptural. But I come from Lordship salvation which is all about that and the kitchen sink. So i see well meaning (what i would call) hyper virtue nudges as kind of the last thing i would find helpful. But my past does not equal anyone’s present. So i see there is a bit of unfairness in my overlaying that term here. Having said that though, the sentiment is still the same in a way. I just mean like I understand the passion to protect the forum and keep things safe and sound. We lost chunks of the forum when it was not so caring toward one another. Its just that whatever ruminates as closing things down on members early…well…i’m just not wired like that. I understand the practice of this can be right and needed in instances. I just see something like that can be hurtful too. I’ve been here for 3 years now. Sometimes people are not the best at communicating and given room…welp…maybe God could minster. This is my main point in the stoic thing. We all operate from virtue hopefullly. To me i guess its just like worth the discussion which we are having…lol…amen…about this kind of thing.

In this case there is not a lot we can do. I’ve experimented a bit myself. But all in all it kind of comes down to people want to see what we want to see. In that sense i would rather talk with people who disagreed with me but have dynamic ability to communicate rather than talk with those who do agree with me and don’t have that. Which is why i am here…lol. I mean this as a massive compliment. :slight_smile:

No you are correct. I have talked with both mods in varying sistuations. I know they don’t. If they did you are so right brother…i would have been removed long ago…lol. This forum has a lot of grace and mercy, amen. I mean nip it in the bud as a practice on the forum. Not that the mods do it. There isn’t all that much of that sort of thing, but some of us are more wired like that. I am learning to see it as a diverse way in which the body functions. So i was just meaning that i am glad our forum is not moderated like that. Amen.

No like that right there you have accurate. Now please note, in my heart of hearts, i am a firm believer that drawing it out is the right thing. Does that mean the way in which i might do it is equally right or fruitful? No. In that it is true, there is a way to maybe draw things out that won’t be hypertension like. But Dan, its like a place i can get on occasion, not as a rule. In that sense no i don’t favor hypertension. Ima flower child hippie in that respect. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just believe in open discussion…but yeah even there it should have its limits. Amen.