October 8, 2023: 1 John 5:16-17 – Am I Wronged Or Am I Wrong

There are many stores online that customize these…but if you want a working one, Iiiiiii have no idea yet. They are pretty dangerous after all. Could poke your eye out with one of those!

3 Likes

I know this. It’s on all sides of our family and it’s within once solid friendships and it’s within online relationships. It’s a heartache with a vicious twist because all you really want is that reconciliation and often….way too often these days…there is an impenetrable impasse. I’ve worn myself out on this. I ultimately surrender because it’s not worth it “to be right” when you’re wronged. Life is too short. Lives are too precious. Even still; even after actually showing grace, which is important, the relationship is like oil and water or simply gone entirely. Such loss. Yet, it’s very often on a spiritual level and actually it’s a marker of the end times in which we live. I can definitely emphasize with you in this on all levels. You have my prayerful heart on this matter.

Tony

9 Likes

Will add your entire family to my daily prayers list

7 Likes

Thank you Lord for reaching down and raising up our dear sister. Father, Catherine’s hope is in You andYou promise that all who hope in You will have renewed strength and not only that but will soar on eagle’s wings. Lord may our sister soar above these horrible and cruel attemps from satan to keep her down. .
Lord we ask that You will soften her husband’s heart that he will be kind and loving and will set an example for the daughter’s to follow.
Lord, go with Catherine again today showing her Your tender mercies and Your amazing love for her. Thank You for supplying her needs yesterday and helping her so quickly and so perfectly. God, You are soooooo Good to us! Please come quickly.
We ask all these things for Your Glory and Catherine’s benefit. I Jesus mighty and precious name, Amen

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope

in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles…

13 Likes

@catfaire, Catherine, my heart is full of love for you. Your words ring so true to me, of your pain, a pain that cannot be fully comprehended unless another has also lived it, endured it, endures it today.

From birth to 42 years of age, I experienced abuse, a word made so common today that using it deafens the ears of most people of its meaning, from my mother and then immediately to my late husband. My late husband’s successful affect on our two children taught them to disrespect and not honour me. I was thought of as a slave; and as the only one using reasonable discipline, I was the “bad cop”. At his death, their hatred was plain on their faces. He is gone now almost 23 years and yet the oldest child, a 43 year old daughter, revels in bitter contempt towards me. She has set up idols of fault she contributes to me even when I am not party to them.

Since February, 2020, at the funeral of my mother, my son has had a positive change in heart toward me. He held me as I cried through my proculmation of deep love for my family. This year has been an unique one as I see him including me in his days and family. Both children are saved.

No one, dear sister, is prepared for the wounds of the heart that attempt to gouge out all hope. You became born again at 17, and I at 13. Life was suppose to be different than it is.

My husband forced me to take a transfer far enough away from my family that he knew he could increase his depravity to its fullness. We had been married 10 years. I felt that God had abandoned me, forsook me in my misery. He hadn’t kept His word. Home alone, I preceded to yell at God about His lack of care and protection. Where was this, I will have your back stuff?! I said, FINE! If this is how my life will be, then I’m done with your word! I took my bible that I had been beating the air with and threw it into a drawer. Pretty bad, huh? I’m not proud of my behavior, I include it because it is honest.

He hadn’t left me. He hasn’t left you either. The fire of purification burns hot.

I found evidence after my husband’s death, an accidental death dealt out with the very item he had unknowingly picked the year earlier, that he was planning my demise. The Holy Spirit, through John, is not to be taken lightly.

In regard to my mother’s treatment toward me, I found (her sister told me) that she had lived it first as a child. Forgiveness, I think, is second only to prayer in its power. I forgave my mother of all that had happened. We enjoyed about 40 years of love between us.

I was unsure of my husband’s destination. I found where he had been saved, going through papers recently. The lesson today confirms two things: one, that I will see my husband in Heaven, and, two, the treatment between brothers and sisters (he was also my brother in Christ) is to love each other as though your life depends on it - because it does.

To your spiritual warfare with satan. he(I refuse to give him any respect even in writing) goes after that which is precious to us. he makes the strife in our relationships seem as though the parties are acting alone when each is being whispered to continuously. Anytime one of them shows signs of a heart softening, he is right there to dredge up past moments. It is Almost like they are captives. I will guess that they are hurting too, but as yet are not able to overcome the barriers between you and them. As hard as this is, God is refining you for His purpose and your good. God is also engaged in the lives of those you speak about for His purpose. Do all that you can, as a wife, pleasing God in your faithfulness to Him. If your husband is born again, let him read this comment and hopefully realize the danger HE is in. May I suggest that if possible that you two hold hands and pray silently to God. Please continue to pray with a heart of confidence, not that what you want to see happen in your understanding, but God’s. This is a hard thing to do. I can tell you peace is possible right in the middle of the storm.
:pray:t2: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessings

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story. I see pain surrounded by hope is this retelling of your life experience. I can tell that you understand exactly what I’m going through.

I have always believed that God has my best interests at heart, but refining seldom feels good. I don’t get mad at God. I run to God when things get tough. Rather, I get mad at myself. And for years, I became complacent. During those years I quit attending church because I didn’t like the politics. I wasn’t re-reading the bible that I had already read. I was distracted by the business of being a fulltime working mom, who was also getting a Master’s degree in education.

This statement is very convicting for me. I’m guilty as charged on this one. My youngest daughter has a bias for remembering everything I ever did wrong that wounded her, but gives me no credit for doing anything nuturing or kind. For example, I taught her how to read, because the school wasn’t getting the job done. She claims that my husband taught her how to read. He helped, but I organized and implemented the home reading program. So crazy. She doesn’t want to remember any good things about me. She believes this and other lies she has made up about me. That is captivity.

I went to a counsellor who told me to read a book called, “The Kidnapped Mind”. The book was enlightening, but I could not effectively deprogramme my daughter who decided that all I was worthy of was her contempt while she extracted as much money as she could get from me.

My oldest daughter and I have been doing much better. She runs to me for support when her life gets hard, the way I run to God when my life gets hard. Right now she is going through a painful breakup and leaning a lot on her mother for emotional support.

I have realized that it is much wiser to pray for God’s will to be done then to give God a shopping list with my preferred outcomes. It is safer to pray that way in my opinion. The lack of confidence has more to do with me then God. Perhaps my issue is that I strive to accomplish too much on my own, without turning to God more often. No wonder I get worn out.

That is great advice. Kevin was baptized during our marriage, but there is something inside him that resists God. Kevin refuses to read the bible. He used to attend church with me years ago, but got mad at the elders when they wanted him to clean the church on Christmas eve instead of letting him spend time with his own family. Kevin was hired to do the custodial work part time at that church. The situation became contentious. He quit his job there and quit going to church there as well. In fairness, I also went along with the church quitting decision because I was conned out of $5000.00 by a lady at that church who befriended me. She wanted me to quit my teaching job and sell skin care products as part of her team. She promised to help me sell such a big investment in product, but didn’t follow through when I wouldn’t quit my teaching job. I got stuck with all that product that I couldn’t sell. After those experiences, I didn’t resist quitting the church when he wanted to.

I have asked Kevin to pray with me, but he doesn’t like to do that either. I don’t push it. I do read the bible to him sometimes when I’m trying to explain something spiritual. Sometimes he doesn’t like that but I do it anyway. Probably shouldn’t treat my husband that way. We have way too much “intense fellowship” as pastor JD calls it. Our house can get very tense for days on end. Praying together would be a balm, but both parities need agreement to participate. I can’t and shouldn’t make him do that with me.

After reaching out to people in the forum for prayers and advice, I have experienced relief. I didn’t get any sleep last night because I was reading the responses and looking up news about Israel, but the depression lifted off of me and I feel calmer today, more at peace.

7 Likes

He has done exactly that in the past two days. Softer heart and more support.

Our oldest daughter, Tanya still needs salvation, but she has been drawing closer to me of late due to some sadness in her life over a broken relationship with a boyfriend. I have been praying for God to surround her with Christians, to choose her mate then have her recognize and accept him. Her relationship with an ungodly man terminated and she started leaning on me. I guess I’m the Christian that God chose to be there for her. I do witness to her, but not too much (she gets offended). Lately there has been a softening. She is opening up a bit more.

Her younger sister and I are in a painful, prolonged conflict that distresses all members of the family. The younger daughter is a tough nut to crack and she can be quite viscious. She once declared that she would destroy every relationship that I will ever have with everyone else and she has worked diligently on this.

What ended up happening is that I supported them (Chelsey had a baby), invested loads of money, then eventually had a break down because I could no longer cope with the bullying.

Now I’m burnt out and fed up. She has had another baby last December that she is trying to parade to draw us back in but the conditions are so disrespectful to me, that my husband has finally put his foot down and told her that she needs to treat her mother with respect or he doesn’t want her to contact him. He has done this in the last two days after I asked for prayer support in this forum.

That is huge because he usually just lets me do all the standing up, take all the darts, suffer the break down etc while he sits back and protects himself. Quite a change in the past few days. I have written a letter setting boundaries on the disrespectful behaviour but we would be completely shocked if she decided to go along. She blames everything on me, doesn’t seem to have the capacity for self-reflection or empathy. Its heartbreaking. Now my granddaughter who is 11 years old is acting up at home. I am not allowed to talk to or have any kind on contact with the granddaughter. My heart is completely broken over this. We had her every weekend when she was a baby so that my daughter could have a break and attend school on Saturdays.

God is so good. I have been strengthened and feel the peace. All this conflict with its pain is still present, but I feel better. God has a plan for my youngest daughter as well. I pray for her salvation every day. Right now that is the best I can do for her.

8 Likes

Good Evening Catherine,
For years I struggled with reading the OT and then I prayed asked God to help me understand an ancient people, tribes and many nations and then I began to identify as a sojourner - walking around the desert, whining and complaining. I am sure that is not you? I have really excelled at that! LOL!
Learning about clean and unclean, the rituals and sacrifices - every detail (wow!). A Holy God, a loving God, one who does not break His covenant with us. Patient and loving suffering and then when I could see Jesus all through the OT - wow, that was something else.
Its hard for me to read more than a few chapters a day as I pour over my heart and cry and pray through the word. I try not to rush it.
In the past I was more faithful at praying and pouring over Psalm 1, 91 for my friends and family (esp. my kids) and would pray Ps. 112 for hubby. I have gotten a little out of step and now I am reminded to start doing that again. If anything it reinforced that God is in control and as JD would say - “He’s Got it”. Truly amazing how we get distracted. So, yep - there is power in reading the word and reading it out loud is uber awesome. @Jon Its like sWord fighting happening in Real time.
Tis a battle and noting like The Word of God to bind up the enemy!
You know Catherine - I think you picked a good place to share on the sermon side of forum. Your post would have been a little lost in the prophecy corner. That side is for sprinters and high jumpers. :rofl:
I can’t keep up. Can you? We definitely need a places for wounded soldiers and me thinks this is a good place for refreshment.
ox Bless you dear sister!!!

11 Likes

Dear Catherine, your story is a copy of mine and so many on this forum alone. I know of thousands of families all over the world are dealing with this very same evil, and that is exactly what it is. Our old adversary, the devil is seeking whom he may devour. Our children have rebelled against the very God who gave them life. They are deceived, yes even many are happy in their choice, BUT GOD!!! He will meet them where they are and cause them to choose whom they will serve. Prayerfully it will be before the rapture, but with my daughters, they are strong willed. I have laid them and the feet of Jesus so many times I’ve lost count. But today thankfully they are there to stay until He brings them back to him. I still cry, pray for deliverance, beg to go home, yet we both are still here dear sis. I prayerfully lift you up and ask God to give you completed peace about ALL of your family. Keep on keepin’ on trusting Jesus’ word and His promises. When you have a tough day, let us know here on the forum. We must encourage each other or many of us will fail, I’m afraid.

P.S. every time I see your little circle photo, it looks like you are holding a gun…lol. I have to enlarge it and see that it is a violin. My oldest plays beautifully, but I have not seen her in so long. I only have photos of my girls left, but God has them in the palm of His hand and will not let them go.

9 Likes

Thank you for that sweet post dear sis. You made me laugh. I picture myself pitching and moaning in the desert many days. I needed to know I am not alone…lol.

3 Likes

Oh, and what an awesome song. Keith does it beautifully.

4 Likes

That was a beautiful post to Catherine.
Loved your sweetness in the thru line. You have had quite the journey as well.
This is for you - enjoy!

3 Likes

Catherine, I see the Lord’s hand working and I’ve been thanking Him since I read your update. He is so amazing how He cares so much for us.How wonderderful your husband’s support for you! Reciprocate your support for him and pray he will stand strong as the leader in the family.e nd strong. Chealsey will see the two of you as one (as it should be)

Lord Jesus we thank You for what You are doing in healing and restoring this family. We ask that You guide them as they look to You for their he in this spiritual battle, Father, keep them in Your perfect watch and care In Jesus name, Amen

6 Likes

9 Likes

I just had a chance to listen to this. I am laughing so hard. The sounds affects are great…and manna burgers…lol.

3 Likes
4 Likes

This song always makes me cry

2 Likes

Friday, October 13

Millennium Force

He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.
Revelation 20:2

When we entered the new millennium 23 years ago, millennium became a popular word. The United Nations came up with its Millennium Development Goals. Chicago boasts its Millennium Park. Numerous businesses have included this word in their titles, such as Millennium Records, Millennium Bank, and Millennium Media.

But the real Millennium is coming—a thousand years of world peace when Satan will be bound, Jesus Christ will reign, and righteousness will rule. The Bible teaches that after the Tribulation, Jesus Christ will physically return to this planet. He will defeat His enemies and set up His Kingdom on earth. And He will reign on the earth for a thousand years. During this time all the promises of the Old Testament concerning the Kingdom will be fulfilled with the redeemed Jews living in their homeland in peace and prosperity.

Too often we overlook the first verses of Revelation 20. But we should long for that day when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God!

The Millennium will be the time when there will be the full manifestation of the glory, the power and the will of God over this earth.
J. Vernon McGee

Dr. David Jeremiah

5 Likes

This may not belong on this thread, but I’m listening to Pastor JD’s Thursday bible sermon and he hinted at an issue in the church pertaining to a problem with idolatry. He didn’t provide the spoiler alert, but I couldn’t help but think of the prophecy teachers who are criticizing the so called date setters and other watchmen. These people chastizing other hopeful Christians have a following. Do these critical well known prophecy teachers idolize their knowledge, and do the followers who pile on criticizing the other watchmen idolize these teachers? Just a question. Things that make you go hmmm…

7 Likes

People can worship a date, just as easy as an icon (image) or person instead of the Lord. I mean, anything that takes your attention off the Lord to place your faith, trust, attention on ‘it’ is idolatry. So yeah, I suppose so.

[ADDITION] I’d say your post fits in this post as it wrongs the Lord when we take our eyes off Him. Good on ya!

4 Likes