October 8, 2023: 1 John 5:16-17 – Am I Wronged Or Am I Wrong

:bible2: 1 John 5:16-17 – Am I Wronged Or Am I Wrong

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_1: talks about a problem we all deal with concerning the matter of whether I’m the one who has been wronged, or if I’m the one who has been wrong.

Watch on JDFarag.org
image (1)

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

14 Likes

Incredible teaching. Left me deeply convicted .
Someone wronged me very deeply and for years it hurt i tried forgiving couldnt. Begged Gids forgiveness as i lnew the riht thing to do was forgive as he had forgive me. Did start praying for them. Not at the point jd described but for now …well its nicenot to throw up just hearing their name and not to ill wish them . I know its a baby step but its a baby step in the right direction.

14 Likes

I think we’ve all had that person(s) come to mind during this study. I know I had a small army come to mind and how it took me a few years to go from not praying for them, to praying for their demise (don’t look at me like that, you know you probably did it too), to finally praying for the LORD to bless them with guidance to the truth, to blessing them with inspiration and guidance to become stronger followers of Christ than myself or those I know.

Yeah, some tragic things happened, and even today things persist, but when letting go of this world, you find much of what you were hurt with, or wronged with doesn’t matter. Also when you really think about it, you start introspection of if you did something to start the process of being wronged so you’re in the wrong. Yeah, been there too.

Great study for sure and was much needed.

14 Likes

I’m asking for advice and prayers. I have been dealing with intense spiritual warfare. Its an attack on my relationships with members of my immediate family. I am so worn out, all I have left with today is tears. The conflict with my husband is getting sorted, partly because I played Pastor JD’s sermon about “wrong and being wronged” while he was in the room and he listened inadvertently to some of it. But I was so depressed yesterday I had to force myself to get out of bed, then I forced myself to cook a turkey. I have had stomach aches and headaches caused by too much stress.

I have two daughters. The youngest one torments me when there is communication. She is not saved. She withholds my grandchildren while she grinds me down. There is no path to reconciliation that works. I’ve tried; nothing works. I pray for the salvation of both my daughters every day. I don’t want them to go through the tribulation because they have rejected Jesus and have been seduced by the New Age philosophies/religion. To pile on top of this, I have a younger friend who plays violin with me sometimes. Anne was raised in the Catholic church and has told me that she rejects Jesus. She believes the catholic church has every thing right in their doctrine except the part about Jesus being God. Spiritual warfare. It’s all around me. I don’t have any regular fellowship with other Christians. I haven’t found a church to go to where I live, so I still attend Pastor JD’s church online. At least here, I’m getting fed the truth. Sometimes I feel so alone and defeated. I can’t wait for the rapture. I want to be with Jesus now because I’m having trouble bearing up under all this stress. Sorry if this has been a rant. I really need prayers.

25 Likes

Praying for you Catherine :pray: I don’t have answers but God does! I was in a similar situation and planning to move closer to unsaved family earlier in the year. I prayed that the Lord would find us a house close to a good church and fellowship. We’d had no real interest in our house but the next day we were out walking the dogs when we bumped into a local lady that invited us to her small church in what used to be a pub. That was no accident! Our house is off the market and we pray that we bless this small local church as much as it blesses us. We’ve already delivered 2 talks on Bible prophesy that we’re well received.

I pray that God works similarly in your life and in the meantime we continue to pray for unsaved family and friends.

God bless you richly Catherine :pray::pray::pray:

14 Likes

Thank you. All prayers are gratefully received and appreciated. I will join you in prayers for all our unsaved family and friends. God bless you too!

10 Likes

Dear Lord we hold up to you in prayer our dear sister Catherine. We ask that you bless her with supernatural peace and beauty in intimacy with you and your unchanging character. Please grant her ways to see how best to relate to diffiicult family situations. We pray her husband and two daughters, that you would move upon their heart with your Holy Spirit and bring them to consider the realness and need of Christ in their lives. We pray for much insight, wisdom, and healing toward how Catherine has been feeling and reaching out for prayer. And that she would be blessed and encouraged with each moment through her day your answers to her prayers be recognizeably heard. We pray that you would bring helpful believers and a body of believers into Catherines life…that she and they might be edified and strengthened by the work you are doing in her heart. We pray all of this in Jesus name. Anem.

14 Likes

Bless your heart (Hug) I want to keep you in prayer, Catherine.

8 Likes

Was it a jive turkey though? Those seem to be hard to get to stay still.
I was given a cue that you needed some prayer and to check out what’s going on. Thankfully, I found your post lol. You know, you’re in a big group of those who are having fiery darts flung at us regarding dealing with family. Some of those darts are getting through the line and hitting our clothes, armor, even getting some flesh at times. I look forward to not having to raise my shield so high anymore for such long periods of time :wink: At least this is a chance to do what I felt called to do that I haven’t been allowed to on the forum.

Heavenly Father

Catherine here has been under fire for awhile now and it seems the fiery darts are catching some of her cloak on fire at times. We need to close our ranks up a bit more. Father, please bless her with mending her in body, soul, and spirit. Please transform anxiety into peace, any aggression into kindness, any contention into compassion, confusion into clarity, chaos into Godly order, depression into joy, despair into hope, devastation into restoration, disagreements into agreements, discouragement into encouragement, dishonor into honor, distrust into trust, doubt into Godly confidence, fatigue into energy, infirmities into strength, pain into healing and relief, sorrow into rejoicing, trials into victories, weariness into alertness, and worry into calm.

Please send forth a message fitly spoken to the lost within her family to identify and flee the prisons they make for themselves and seek out and accept the truth of Your Word. Please bless them with inspiration and conviction to repent and accept Your Son, Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior of their lives. It is a hope that they would become better followers of Christ than we see in ourselves and those of other brethren.

Father, please protect Catherine from her family at this time by not letting any attack slip through the armor of God provided her and keep her shield raised high to intercept the next volley of fiery darts coming our way. She may need a night light on the inside of her shield when we are fighting in the shade.

Fill her with a replenishing of the Holy Spirit in her and overflow Godly joy from her heart continually so as to touch every being she comes into contact with from this moment forward.

I beg You this in Jesus’ name
Amen

20 Likes

Thank you for this beautiful, encouraging prayer. The tears of gratitude are flowing.

8 Likes

Thank you for your prayer. So kind of you.

7 Likes

We love you Catherine. :heart:

10 Likes

I love you guys too.

9 Likes

Love - love that!
We all need a night light when fighting in the shade!

@catfaire
Catherine, thank you for sharing your real struggles - so many of us can identify. I wish I could sit with you over a cuppa and share in your suffering. Many of us here are very much alone. I am 3 provinces east of you - sending along a big warm hug. Holding you up in prayer and sending along a Psalm of strength in your weariness.
ox

Psalm 121
I Will Lift Up My Eyes to the Hills

1{A Song of degrees.} I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

9 Likes

Or perhaps a good lightsaber would do the trick? :rofl: Talk about a 'sword of the Spirit!"

8 Likes

If it was a jive turkey, it turned into this:

Thanks for making me laugh today.

Battle fatigue on the front lines. When we support each other by lifting our shields in unison, its easier to fend off those fiery darts. Your heart to respond with such compassion and support, just the fact that you cared enough to address my message asking for advice and prayer, gives comfort. I believe that I am loved by Jesus, despite all my flaws, and trust that the prayers offered up by my brothers and sisters in this forum will make a difference.

I can just imagine how our Lord is dispatching angels behind the scenes to help fight this battle and all the other battles going on in our families, and probably already was, or I wouldn’t have reached out in the first place.

I never would have realized that I needed to be covered in prayer with these words. I’m praying for the Lord to save and protect my family members, but it never occurred to me to ask the Lord to protect me from them. That is a beautiful prayer as much as this is a very sad situation.

Yes!

Yes again. I want to get out of my head and focus on the work that the Lord would have me do. This fallen soldier wants to stand up, pick up that

in order to be salt and light for others.

11 Likes

I would thoroughly enjoy sitting with you over a cuppa. That so many of us in here are alone shows how gracious our Lord is to bring us together here in this forum. Pastor JD has an annointing. His church, his services, and this forum provide a haven for isolated Christians to come together for fellowship, solid bible teaching and support. I’ve been here for about 3 years now. Along with reading my bible, I come to this well to quench my thirst and find rest.

Thank you for reminding me about Psalm 121. Since July I have been reading my way through the bible from cover to cover. I need to read faster or spend more time to get to the comforting words written in the psalms. Right now I’m in Deuteronomy. Reading the old testament is building my reverence for God. Sometimes its hard to read some of the stories, but I am learning that our God is very powerful and very serious about obedience. I’m also learning about his commitment to Israel, His deep love of His people, and that God is the ultimate promise keeper.

8 Likes

Its already happening as I read the messages in this thread.

9 Likes

ON YOUR FEET, SOLDIER! Onward Christian Soldier, marching as to war! Granted you might outrank me, but I’m psychologically getting your adrenaline pumping again. You know, candidly speaking, when we are wronged, or when we’re wrong (depending on variables of course to lead to which conclusion), we tend to fixate on that for awhile. It’s up to us to ‘snap out of it’ by any means necessary. This could be reciting scripture, could be just calling out to God, or it could be a worship song.

Sometimes it works for me, other times (often times) I choose not to let it work. Something I have found helpful is putting something else in my head to think about though. And remember, we have to take care of ourselves if we’re going to take care of others too :wink:.

Just remember one thing about fighting in the shade…sometimes it’s the best place to have a picnic and when was the last time any of us were on a picnic?! See? We need more picnics. LOL More Mary’s less Marthas :rofl:

I’m praying for ya! (I forgot you also were asking for advice) Since my common response of “Shoot the hostage” doesn’t quite work on this one, I’d say, pray continually for guidance and inspiration, don’t take anything too personal, and laugh a lot when engaged with contention. It seems to anger the enemy when less and less phases you. Doesn’t mean it’ll stop, but it does mean less and less will cause you to stumble or fall. If you display joy in your suffering, it just drives the enemy crazy (and those the enemy uses).

That doesn’t mean you laugh like a crazed maniac, but that you take things seriously but in a comical way. For example: Someone starts yelling at you for something, anything, you respond with, “So that weekend in Bora Bora is off the table, I take it?” No one REALLY knows how to take that kind of response., It may anger them more or defuse the situation. Doesn’t mean it’s not a serious matter to you, but it means it’s nothing to get riled up about. That’s the bet offer of advice I have. Live like Chuck Jones is your inner voice I guess you could say.

• Chuck Jones for those that don’t know was a director and cartoonist of many cartoons from Tom & Jerry to Looney Tunes and more.
7 Likes

Well, I would love the upgrade!
Where do I get one of those?

3 Likes