Overcoming Human Weakness

There are an increasing number of false witnesses in the churches and out in society right now. I mean there always were but it seems to be mounting. I want them to get saved but these specific people im concerned about are working for a church and so are exposed to the gospel all the time. I must be careful because one of them is making trouble for me, spying on me (this is so insane). It’s no surprise theyre picking on me because Jesus said we would be persecuted because of Him.
I understand some people cant be reached and it’s either going to come from Jesus confronting them directly or probably not at all. The thing is, how do we know when to keep praying and when to give up? It’s very hard for me to forgive them for what theyve been doing. I dont think i can anymore because im exhausted. This is frustrating to say the least.
Please say a prayer for me. This harassment has been going on for two years.
Truthfully if shining the light despite the stalking and lying isnt the purpose of all this, what is it? Im starting to get impatient. I do my best to represent the Lord and be as gracious as possible but wow its tough!
I do take the word out to the streets and shine my light in town and that feels good and worthy. Why is it that helping one person see the cross is so simple and another so difficult?

8 Likes

Some are more reachable than others? Candidly speaking, if you’re going through two years of problems in that church, I’d search for another church you can trust. In response to your question, let’s see here…

I have that exact same question arise many times. I don’t think we’re supposed to stop praying for people anymore. In the Old Testament God told Jeremiah to stop praying for the Israelites. Yet in the New Testament we are to pray for our enemies based on the words of Jesus. He never gives a limit. Seeing as how Jesus died for everyone, and salvation is offered to everyone; All one has to do is repent and believe in Christ Jesus and give themself to Christ and they’re saved. While some people seem obvious they have turned against God, it’s not our place to condemn them. We see the outward appearance while God sees the heart of the person. Perhaps that person is closer to becoming saved than we know?

Simple answer (from me): Do not cease praying for your enemies, nor the lost to become a child of God.

I will definitely pray for ya, Emily. And I’ll pray for the trouble to cease with your church members too. Not everyone in church are following Christ but rather some follow Satan, remember that.

9 Likes

This came to mind here so wanted to share with anyone who reads: it’s the Holy Spirit who does the work in the end as He is how one is shown the truth. (John 16:8)

We can offer, point, suggest, help, water, remind, and pray, of course, but we cannot drag anyone to the cross. Be careful not to try in your own energy, because it won’t work. If you’re exhausted, IMHO and experience, that’s probably a pretty good sign you’re doing something you shouldn’t be (that’s a conversation between you and Jesus of course). We cannot overcome our human weakness. But God can. Let Him.

Pastor JD spoke about some of the challenges of sharing the truth with people this in sermon so linking here: When Bible Prophecy Hits Too Close To Home

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing this as i decided to watch his sermon for the 2nd time and i realized alot of what Pastor JD said didn’t get thru to me the first time and this time i was finally able to see clearly what he was talking about.

9 Likes

Emily do you know why people would be adverse to you? Are you sharing things with them they don’t like? Thanks. Blessings.

5 Likes

I learned some time back that the physical church places are often a front line in the battle that we are entwined in as believers. Yes, many professing folks are in the building who actually….potentially …don’t belong to The Lord. He knows it of course and perhaps with some, they know it as well. We do not know it. We can’t know even though the fruits may or may not seem visible, I’m convinced that we can’t know for sure, even with pastors. I’ve known several personally and wow, some are extremely worldly. Because of this, we should pray for everyone that we are nudged to pray for. You may or may not see the fruits of the praying and in fact, may not even see an alleviation in any mistreatment by “church people” but it’s part of enduring the “race.”

I can remember myself as a nonbeliever. The sight of a church convicted me so I saw it as a cliché of sorts. Then when I surrendered to The Lord and wanted to be as close as I could get to God, I went deep into in “churchlife.” It seemed to go hand in hand with raising a Christ-centered family. But with every effort we made to express our love for Jesus in the way of various ministries, we were always counteracted with the discouraging spiritual attacks that came via gossipers, jealous people, the power hungry and even church splits. The enemy has lots of specially designed, custom made weapons, because as uncomfortable as it may sound for me to say this, he knows us. But one of his best strategies is to be an obstructionist; hoping that we’ll eventually get worn down and stop trying.

We’ve stopped many times. We’ve been devastated by churches many times and we’ve recovered many times. Depending on your level of sincerity in the matter, it can take a chunk out
of your heart. But God…

I no longer think of church as a place where I need to be on Sunday mornings. But here in East Tennessee not going to church is rather taboo. Yet those that judge really don’t want to talk about Jesus when you see them in public. So I’m okay with where I’m at. If we feel called to go, it will be a leading by the Holy Spirit. God knows (He really knows) we need a blessing and also knows that when the time is right, He’ll send us somewhere to be a blessing. Meanwhile, churches have changed so much. It really started before 2020. So when that plandemic hit and the churches closed for the first time in modern history, I thought :thinking: why does it not surprise me that God allowed this.

A sweet, lemony scented (close your eyes :relieved:and imagine :nose: ) Magnolia flower from here in East Tennessee. From my family here to the forum family here and especially to the broken hearted.

10 Likes

@EdenRoseArcher, Emily, we have read sincere, good advice from our family. God has enabled you with a spirit that has responded to His call, and as such has also given you your exact location and church to do His work. What we do in one church may differ greatly to what we would do in another; however, He whispers to us how we can be fruitful for Him in every place.

Maybe something you have not considered. I will list some passages for your consideration.

Matthew 5: 22-24
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

(The person(s) that are stalking you and practicing false witnessing against you has the above verse to consider about themselves. I wonder if they are aware of the danger that they have put themselves into? Are you aware of anything that might have caused the clash? Whether the clash was by accident or nothing, it is to be taken seriously.)

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

(Is the communion time in church and your personal time with the LORD marred by the thoughts of the other’s actions? I am guessing that the other’s communion time may be defiled in the LORD’s eyes. God is robbed. The heart’s condition is exampled with Cain and Able’s offerings.)

(How do we correct the problem?)

Matthew 18:15-17
15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

(Emily, God hears your prayers. Sometimes His answers are not what we wanted to hear. For two years this situation has carried on. Could it be that God has patiently been waiting two years for this trial on both parties accord to be completed?)

(Words to share.)

Hebrews 12: 11-15
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Blessings

6 Likes