Please pray for me and my family, my father died 2 hours ago

I am still in shock. Me, my mother, my father and his wife were going out of town for my nephews 30th birthday this morning. My father started having breathing problems about 8 am this morning and he was taken by ambulance to the ER. By 10 am he was alert and my sister spoke with him. Between 3 and 4 pm they were taking him to get an ex-ray and he died on the ex-ray table. He had a major heart attack.
We are all in shock because he was good yesterday. The shots killed him in my opinion. I pray that someone shared the gospel with him before he passed. We have been praying that God would open his heart.
God Bless

21 Likes

Heavenly loving Father please comfort this family now with Your strength and Peace as only You can during such harrowing times. Hold them in Your eternal hands which can bear any pain, burden or suffering and lift them up beyond it onto You as our high Rock.

In the name of Christ Jesus, Amen

21 Likes

Thank you

5 Likes

Loving Heavenly Father

Place upon this family a woven comfort to their hearts and minds as they traverse the world at this moment without one of the centerpieces of the family. We ask that you galvanize them with protection from evil and guide them away from any and all things that would cause strife in life. Let no one take advantage of their situation. Bless them with Your favor upon them, carry them through the turmoil and loss and remind them always You are forever near. Please transform any sorrow and depression to be focused toward brighter and happier memories.

We pray this in Jesus’ name
Amen

13 Likes

thank you

4 Likes

Hello HCBrown,
(I will preface, this is a form of bible study, but it is well worth it to listen to God’s heart in His Word…right? I write much, but all from the Spirit of God within me and the Words He brings to my mind to write you. Through prayer and supplication. :sparkling_heart: :sweat_smile:)

I prayed over your concern and expressed heart. While I prayed over you and your family, the scripture below came to mind. I feel led to share it with you:

Psalm 91:4, 14-16
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.

I thought of your mom with the first verse. She needs to know that Abba is with her, as well as with you all in this trying time. He is completely aware of your sadness and possibly, fear.

These other verses have come to me while I was typing the words above. All relevant and I pray bless you and your spirit. If it does help you in any way, and others even…Glory to God. Him alone.

Psalm 34: 15,
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry. The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Notice here that Abba is always keeping His eyes on His kids. He knows and hears your prayers, even in your confusion and dismay. He will help you in your time of grief and will guide you, be your Rock and your Shepherd. Remember who Daddy God and Jesus is to you, and remember who He sent for you and all of your family, His Spirit. The Holy Spirit is your comforter and your helper.

John 14:26:
Jesus said that He will send a Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in Jesus’s name. He will teach all things and bring remembrance of all things said while Jesus was on earth. Verse 27 He tells them He gives them His peace, not to be troubled (agitate, stirred up, disturb), nor let it be afraid (fearful, shrink, timid, cowardly)

John 14:16-17
Jesus sent an Advocate (helper, comforter, intercessor) to be with us forever. He is the Spirit of truth and can only be seen (discern) and known because we know Jesus. And Jesus knows us. Then, our Father in heaven knows us. He will dwell with us and in us.

John 16:13
The Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Truth), He will guide us into all truth. He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak and tell us what is to come.
1 John 2:20
We have the endowment of the Holy Spirit, so we know all things.
1 John 2:27
The endowment of the Holy Spirit within you, we do not need anyone to teach us, His true and genuine endowment will teach us about all things. Therefore, stay abiding in Him as you have been taught.

With this in mind, I want to further encourage you to lean in on Jesus and wait on Him for all moves you need to make at this time. When we are in pain, it can be difficult to discern what to do, truth, and what to say. The Lord has you in His sights and has a future and a hope for you all:

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

With this in mind, I exhort in love and care to remind you to sit before the Lord often and alone. Listen for Him, seek His word with all of your heart. He will hear you and He will respond to you in the ways only He can. He will always be with you. He will never leave you, nor forsake you in any part of your life, nor theirs.
Deuteromy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. ( I would say the unknown and uncontrollable is the “them” in this verse).
Lastly, I want to leave you with Psalm 139 (I won’t post this, as it is long). I want you to see this one set of verses though:

Psalm 139: 1, 5-6
O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.

I pray for peace, joy, and comfort to fall upon you and your family, and friends this day and ongoing. I pray you stay steadfast in your walk and become that one that your family, especially your momma, to come to and seek comfort in hugs and kisses only her son could provide at this time. I pray anyone left in your family who are not in our heavenly family, will be brought to salvation through this time. He is good and will always be good. You are loved deeply. He has a plan and purpose…for His Glory and your good. Though it isn’t seen at the moment.

Some songs I listen to to combat my fears, doubts, and sadness: Spotify/Youtube–Ephesians 5:19-21, Psalms 13:6 God’s got you!

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Praying for you dear HCBrown that you will have the peace that passes all your understanding. I also pray that your family will be open hearted at this time to hear the gospel once again. We are never promised a single moment of breath, but God in His mercy wants us all to come to a saving knowledge of Him. Oh, I pray he confessed Jesus as Lord of his life. You planted the seed, and you never know; he may have repented but kept it private.

7 Likes

thank you

1 Like

Thank you all, for caring. It means a lot. Good bless

4 Likes

shared by another sister in Christ. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Praying for your precious family during this most difficult time.
SusanP

3 Likes