Sharing Scripture For Today

September 3, 2023

Today’s Verse

The LORD has taken away your judgments, He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; You shall see disaster no more. - Zephaniah 3:15 NKJV

Devotion

Judgement does not last forever. Discipline is not meant to be a way of life. There are limits. There are limits to the Lord’s judgment and to His discipline. He uses them as necessary, but His real goal is to dwell in peace with His people. “He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever” (Psalm 103:9). The reason why is that He is “merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy” (Psalm 103:8). Contrary to what you might have thought, “He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities” (Psalm 103:10).

That’s how you can know that the bad times are coming to an end. That’s how you can know that the grip of your enemy will be lifted. “Behold, all those who were incensed against you shall be ashamed and disgraced; they shall be as nothing, and those who strive with you shall perish” (Isaiah 41:11). You thought you had been cast away, you thought it was going to last forever, but now you can see the end of the hardships and injustice. Instead of the fear and dismay of the past, the Lord is going to help you and uphold you with His righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10).

Further, the Lord is no longer going to stand far off from you. Just as He came close again to Israel, just as He dwelt again in their midst, He is going to dwell in your midst as well. Once again, it will be a shepherd and sheep situation. Once again, He will make you lie down in green pastures and lead you beside still waters. You will be free from want. He will restore your soul and He will cause you to walk in the ways of righteousness (Psalm 23:1-3). Many will see what the Lord has done for you, and they will put their trust in Him (Psalm 40:3).

This disaster will be a thing of the past. You will not have to worry about it anymore, you will stand strong in confidence and assurance. And the Lord Himself will rejoice over you with gladness and with singing (Zephaniah 3:17).

17 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2pI1ZGWew Romans 11 A Remnant Chosen by Grace

1I ask then, did God reject His people? Certainly not! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject His people, whom He foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says about Elijah, how he appealed to God against Israel: 3“Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars. I am the only one left, and they are seeking my life as well”a?

4And what was the divine reply to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”b

5In the same way, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6And if it is by grace, then it is no longer by works. Otherwise, grace would no longer be grace.c

7What then? What Israel was seeking, it failed to obtain, but the elect did. The others were hardened, 8as it is written:

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,

eyes that could not see,

and ears that could not hear,

to this very day.”d

9And David says:

“May their table become a snare and a trap,

a stumbling block and a retribution to them.

10May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,

and their backs be bent forever.”e

The Ingrafting of the Gentiles

11I ask then, did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery?f Certainly not! However, because of their trespass, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous. 12But if their trespass means riches for the world, and their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!

13I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry 14in the hope that I may provoke my own people to jealousy and save some of them. 15For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16If the first part of the dough is holy, so is the whole batch; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17Now if some branches have been broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others to share in the nourishment of the olive root, 18do not boast over those branches. If you do, remember this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20That is correct: They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will certainly notg spare you either.

22Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24For if you were cut from a wild olive tree, and contrary to nature were grafted into one that is cultivated, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

All Israel Will Be Saved

25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you will not be conceited: A hardening in part has come to Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come from Zion;

He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

27And this is My covenant with them

when I take away their sins.”h

28Regarding the gospel, they are enemies on your account; but regarding election, they are loved on account of the patriarchs. 29For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable.

30Just as you who formerly disobeyed God have now received mercy through their disobedience, 31so they too have now disobeyed, in order that they too may now receive mercy through the mercy shown to you.i 32For God has consigned everyone to disobedience so that He may have mercy on everyone.

A Hymn of Praise
(Isaiah 40:9–31)

33O, the depth of the riches

of the wisdom and knowledge of God!

How unsearchable are His judgments,

and untraceable His ways!

34“Who has known the mind of the Lord?

Or who has been His counselor?”j

35“Who has first given to God,

that God should repay him?”k

36For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

To Him be the glory forever! Amen. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

6 Likes

November 1, 2023

Today’s Verse
But by the grace of God, I am what I am… - 1 Corinthians 15:10 NKJV

Devotion
I am what I am. What are you? Who are you? For me, I can say I am a sinner saved by grace and I thank God it was His doing and not up to my doings.

Are you thankful today for what God has done for you? A great theologian once said, “If my children wake up on Christmas morning and have somebody to thank for putting candy in their stockings, have I no one to thank for putting two feet in mine?” I love that. So simple and yet so eternally profound. I would add to this statement being thankful for keeping two feet in my stockings.

Thankfulness begins with knowing what God has already done for you and it starts with grace. Grace is getting what you don’t deserve. It is the unmerited favor of God to those who deserve the opposite, which is all of us, for “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). This grace must be received in one’s heart to truly understand God. Grace should also be on our minds constantly to produce an attitude of thankfulness.

Christ loved you so much that while you were still a sinner, He died for you (Romans 5:8). He died willingly, in grace, for you to pay the price for your sins. He then rose from the dead and ascended to the right hand of Father God where He makes intercession for you out of love for you. The Bible says Jesus prays for you continually – unmerited favor. His thoughts toward you are good and not evil – unmerited favor. He forgives you of your sins – unmerited favor. He leads you and guides you through life as you choose to follow – unmerited favor. He empowers you with the Holy Spirit – unmerited favor. All the while as He prepares an eternal home for you in heaven – unmerited favor. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound!

With grace in your heart and forever on your mind let thankfulness rule your days. I am what I am, a child of God, and I will thank the Lord with all my heart. I will declare all His wondrous works. I will rejoice and boast about Him. I will sing about your name, Lord most high (Psalm 9:1—2).

By Pastor David Massie, Bible League International staff, California U.S.

7 Likes

Felt moved to share this today.

16 Likes

15 Likes

16 Likes

I know this isn’t scripture and I apologize for that, but it’s something that came to me tonight and thought it might help someone lift their shield a little higher as that things is kind of weighty.

Battle Cry in the Military

Army use Hooah
Marines use Oorah
Navy/Coast guard use Hooyah

Christians use

Hallelujah

11 Likes

Philippians 3:12-16 NKJV

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind. Maranatha :purple_heart: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

9 Likes

So close and can see it.

10 Likes

Does anyone have any views on Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel (Assyrian Church of the East)? - asking for a friend as I’ve never heard of him.

I just listened to one of his sermons. He seems rather unusual and very passionate. Appreciate any insights.

https://bluecat.media/bishop-mar-mari-emmanuel-delivers-the-most-epic-sermon-aimed-directly-at-the-globalists/

1 Like

https://cgsc.org.au/

I have not heard of this brother before but will watch and check for other information. We should not be locked into just the Western view because of familiarity. I see this brother as someone to check out because at this point he looks to be scripturally correct at least in what I see here.

I would say this would be very complicated so no easy answer never is. He does deliver strong truth same as we do as watchmen.

Just the fact he was excommunicated could be a good thing but that too takes research to be sure. I like the sermon and sounds correct from what I have seen and heard so far.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to have a look @anon28331375. Seems we need eyes in the back of our heads nowadays! I didn’t want my brother at Church to be led astray. He’d come across him on YouTube and none of us had a clue. I may watch a couple more myself in case this is a “God-incidence” and more to be learned as we while away the time in the departure lounge! :flight_departure::pray:

4 Likes

Same here, I wonder if he is Pre-Trib. that would be a stretch with his background but I will find out if I can.

He certainly is a courageous and bold brother.

Shalom

My verses of today:
Rem: better translation in French.

‪Jude 1
‪22: And on some have compassion, making a difference:
‪23: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

‪Jude 1
‪22: Reprenez les uns, ceux qui contestent;
‪23: sauvez-en d’autres en les arrachant du feu; et pour d’autres encore, ayez une pitié mêlée de crainte, haïssant jusqu’à la tunique souillée par la chair.

(Louis Segond)
(KJ2000)

5 Likes

th-670182838

th-3483702346

Malachi4.2-2-3803884703

6 Likes

isaiah-7-14-605065832

th-884694504

th-194235658

December 9, 2023

Today’s Verse
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14

Devotion
There are things that happen in our world that just seem downright impossible.

A mammal that lays eggs? Sounds impossible!
A cloud holds 551 tons of water and yet floats above the earth? That’s Impossible!
The Chicago Cubs win a World Series? IMPOSSIBLE!

Approximately 740 years before the Messiah was born, the prophet Isaiah foretold His coming. Sounds impossible, right? That’s not even the most difficult thing to believe about the Christmas story. Isaiah said that the Messiah would be born of a virgin! How is that even remotely possible? As the angel told Jesus’ mother, Mary in Luke 1:37 (ERV), “God can do anything!”

It’s true, you know. God can do ANYTHING! There is nothing that is impossible for God.

Maybe you’re struggling with fear this Christmas season. You may wonder, “Will God really provide for my needs?” Perhaps you’re dealing with doubts about God’s love for you. “Does God really love me?” It could be that your past fills you with guilt and shame. “Can God really forgive me after what I’ve done?”

Friend, God can do anything. If you seek Him first, He has promised to provide everything you need. He loves you with an unlimited, unending, and unconditional love. He has forgiven you completely and wiped the slate clean. You are justified freely by His grace through faith in His Son Jesus.

Whatever fears, doubts, anxiety, worry, shame, or guilt you’re facing this Christmas, know that God can do anything. There’s nothing that is impossible for God. The name “Immanuel” literally means “God with us.” If God is with us, then nothing that comes against us can prevail.

The story of the prophet Isaiah and Mary, the mother of Jesus, intersected in a manger in Bethlehem. Something that seemed so impossible became reality. Your impossible can become reality, too. All you must do is believe in the One who can do anything.

By Shawn Cornett, Bible League International staff, Illinois U.S.

3 Likes

December 12, 2023

Today’s Verse
“I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.” - Revelation 3:18 NKJV

Devotion
The church in Laodicea had a big problem. They were insufficiently zealous. Jesus said of them: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth” (Revelation 3:15-16).

The Laodiceans didn’t see the problem. They thought, “I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing.” They thought, in other words, that they were spiritually wealthy and that their spiritual zeal was sufficient. Jesus, in contrast, thought just the opposite. He thought they didn’t even know they were spiritually “wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked” (Revelation 3:17).

Jesus loved the Laodiceans. That’s why He took the trouble to rebuke them (Revelation 3:19). That’s why He gave them the words of our verse for today. He told them what they needed to do in order to correct their miserable state. He told them three things.

First, He said they should buy from Him “gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich.” This means that the Laodiceans should ask Jesus for pure spiritual fervor. Spiritual fervor that, like gold refined in a fire, has been purified of its dross. Only then will they be spiritually rich.

Second, He said they should buy from Him “white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed.” They should, that is, ask Jesus for the purity that comes from salvation. Just as clothes cover the body’s nakedness, so the purity that comes from salvation covers the soul’s sinful lack of zeal.

Finally, they should “anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.” They should ask Jesus for the spiritual insight to see their true spiritual state. They were spiritually lukewarm and couldn’t see it. Spiritual insight would be the remedy for their blindness.

Today, let us consider the intensity of our spiritual fervor. Could it be that there’s some Laodicean in us? If so, then we should ask of Jesus what we need.

Shalom

4 Likes

th-2099300296
I added the images we always need images when possible.
December 13, 2023

Today’s Verse
“The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spoke to me: ‘He who rules over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises, a morning without clouds, like the tender grass springing out of the earth, by clear shining after rain.’” - 2 Samuel 23:3-4 NKJV

Devotion
Dark clouds cover our world. If you check Wikipedia for “List of ongoing armed conflicts,” you’ll find that roughly one-half of the world’s land area is engaged in some level of warfare. There’s the Mexican drug war, the insurgency in the Sahel Region, the war in Ukraine, civil war in Sudan and Myanmar; the list goes on and on. While I’m writing this, the war between Israel and Gaza dominates the news. It’s a conflict that stirs heated controversy around the world. According to some analysts, it could even lead to a third world war. People cry out in despair, “Where is God?”

Maybe black clouds gather over your life. Sickness, mental issues, relational challenges, or material misfortune shake your existence. You cry out in despair, “Where are You, Lord?”

David was well acquainted with all these emotions. He had been on the run from Saul, fearing for his life; he had been severely ill and fought many wars. In Psalm 22, David cried, “My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?”

Darkness…

In 2 Samuel 23, we find David at the end of his life. He receives from the Lord what reads like a job description for the future kings of Israel. They must be “just, ruling in the fear of God.” We know from the Bible that the kings of Israel and Judah didn’t comply with these qualifications.

On the contrary…

To find a just king of Israel, ruling in the fear of God, we must go to Bethlehem, to that tiny stable. There, in the middle of the night, a child was born: the ultimate Son of David. He, the promised Messiah, came into a world that wasn’t waiting for Him. Yet, He came! Choosing to leave heavenly riches, He entered our darkness.

We don’t know what will happen in this world. All we know is that our political leaders aren’t just and God-fearing like they should be. They will never be able to bring light in the darkness and establish lasting peace on earth. We, however, can hold on to David’s prophecy: Jesus is our King. He rules the world and will bring peace. We need not doubt it because it’s the Rock of Israel who speaks. His words are and will always be true; He cannot lie.

If you are stuck in darkness, let today’s verses bring you light. The Rock of Israel, who is also the Rock of your salvation, speaks these words to you to comfort you. Listen to them and meditate on Jesus, who came to bring you new life (“tender grass springing out of the earth”).

th-115169332

I hear Christmas bells ringing in David’s prophecy. More than that, I hear the promise of the second coming of Jesus as the Morning Star (Revelation 22:16) when He will wipe away all our tears, and there will be no more darkness. “Behold,” He says, “I am coming quickly!”

Maranatha!

By Anton de Vreugd, Bible League International staff, the Netherlands

1 Like