Sharing Scripture For Today

Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

th-1332718681

February 3, 2024

Today’s Verse
“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.” - Luke 13:24 NIV

Devotion
There’s a door of opportunity that’s been opened to you. It’s the door of opportunity you have to receive salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. If you have faith in Him, if you believe in Him and what He has done, then you will be saved. The Bible says, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13). It’s a great opportunity. Indeed, it’s the greatest opportunity, the ultimate opportunity. It’s no less than the opportunity to escape eternal death and destruction and receive eternal and abundant life.

Given this, Jesus’ words in our verse for today make complete sense. You should make every effort to enter through the narrow door of opportunity while it is still open to you. The door is narrow because there is only one way to partake of the opportunity—you must have faith in Jesus. If you want to be saved, if you want to escape eternal death and destruction, then you must have faith in him. There’s no other way.

Jesus tells us that many will try to enter the narrow door and will not be able to. Why not? It’s because they will try when it’s too late. It’s because they will try when the door of opportunity is closed to them. Jesus goes on to say, “Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from,’” (Luke 13:25). The narrow door is only open if Jesus has not returned and you’re still alive.

If you’re reading this, then you’re still alive and Jesus has not returned yet. The narrow door of opportunity is still open to you. Pay heed, then, to what the Apostle Paul says: “… now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation,” (2 Corinthians 6:2).

Make every effort, then, to enter the narrow door today!

3 Likes

The Greatest: Faithfulness
FEBRUARY 3, 2024

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

Recommended Reading: 2 Timothy 2:11-13

Mercy and grace are different. Grace means receiving blessings we don’t deserve; mercy means not receiving discipline or punishment we do deserve. While both grace and mercy are present throughout the Bible, in very general terms the Old Testament is the story of mercy, while the New Testament is the story of grace.

Why is the Old Testament the story of mercy? Because of how unfaithful Israel was to God and how faithful (loyal) He was to them. Israel deserved to be judged—and was judged at times—but God always restored them. His love never failed. As Jeremiah wrote when Jerusalem was destroyed by Babylon, “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed” permanently. God’s faithfulness was great; His compassion for Israel was renewed with the rising sun every morning. Paul highlighted God’s faithfulness when he wrote that even if we are unfaithful, God is faithful (2 Timothy 2:13).

Thank God today for His great faithfulness to you, that His mercy and compassion never fail. In spite of our sins, His mercy and grace are always present (1 John 1:9).

Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see.
Thomas O. Chisholm

2 Likes

th-3460051673

We try to do our best, and that will always be a bit lacking at best. But we are called to follow the only Good Man and He is God. Praise Abba for The Holy Spirit our comforter!

Shalom

3 Likes

I share this today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

3 Likes

Good News for sure!!!

I have missed you, glad to see you are still here. Keep your ear muffs on!
Shalom

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @anon28331375 , you are all in my heart.
I still follow the Bible Prophecy Updates but I have a lot of works.

3 Likes

I am glad to hear you have work especially the kind that pays :grin: and that you enjoy.

Keep safe

4 Likes

It pays very well :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

th-3327027158

February 12, 2024

Today’s Verse
There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. - 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 NKJV

Devotion
There are many different ways that Christians can serve God and our fellow human beings. As our verse for today says, there are many different gifts, ministries, and activities. The Lord God of heaven and earth rules and reigns over every area of life. He calls us to certain areas, and sees to it that we have the gifts we need to serve there, no matter what ministry or activity it may be. Although all of us may serve in a number of different areas, no one serves in all of them.

One of the most important things we can do in life is to find out where God has called us to serve. If finding out what God wants us to do is one of the most important things we can do, it follows that a failure in this regard is one of the worst things we can do. All too often, Christians do what they want instead of what God wants. All too often, we give in to our selfish desires and refuse to follow the lead of God. Needless to say, this results in less effective service on our part.

From one point of view, it doesn’t really matter what God calls us to do. What matters is that He calls us. The important thing for us, then, is that we respond to the call. Although some are greater than others, all of them are important. All of them have a place in the great scheme of things. They are all Spirit-led and Spirit-empowered ways of life. Life in the Kingdom of God is like an orchestra. Every instrument is important and needed. Any missing instrument, great or small, is a loss for the whole.

May we respond to the Lord’s calling with expectation and eagerness to serve in His Kingdom!

3 Likes

th-3614141792

1 John 3:9
Amplified Bible
No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.

seed
σπέρμα (sperma) ***
Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular
Strong’s 4690: From speiro; something sown, i.e. Seed; by implication, offspring; specially, a remnant.

abides
μένει (menei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong’s 3306: To remain, abide, stay, wait; with acc: I wait for, await. A primary verb; to stay.

2 Likes

‪1Corinthiens 9.‪16: Si j’annonce l’Évangile, ce n’est pas pour moi un sujet de gloire, car la nécessité m’en est imposée, et malheur à moi si je n’annonce pas l’Évangile!

‪1Corinthians 9.‪16: For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

‪2Samuel 22.3: Dieu est mon rocher, où je trouve un abri, Mon bouclier et la force qui me sauve, Ma haute retraite et mon refuge. O mon Sauveur! tu me garantis de la violence.

‪2Samuel 22.3: The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence.

(Louis Segond, KJV2000)

1 Like

6 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

1 John 3:1-3
1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
2 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.
3 And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

5 Likes

3 Likes

And . . . There is no God like Jehovah! Behold He comes. . .

3 Likes

There is just something about a group of men singing in praise and worship to the Lord. Powerful!!

2 Likes