Video regarding salvation

I got your message @goodboy :slightly_smiling_face:. And I welcome it, I cannot hear it enough!

God’s got us! In His hands we are secure FOREVER; nothing, no person, no force, no sin, no angel, no power in this universe and beyond can ever pluck us out of the Father’s hand! We are safe and secure for ever and ever!

The Adversary doesn’t like the doctrine of Eternal Security. You know one of the reasons why? Because knowing you are eternally secure is probably the GREATEST motivation to grow, to sin less! And someone doesn’t like that at all… BUT God!

God bless!

3 Likes

Your interpretation makes very good and biblical sense.

I could be wrong, but could it be that the majority fall in this category?
(I remember my years of being exactly that type of a Christian, and I’m grateful I got another chance at redeeming the lost time.)

God bless you!

3 Likes

I totally agree with you!!! :+1:

2 Likes

Another Word On Assurance of Salvation

Can you lose your salvation?
Are you afraid this could happen to you?

When Adam and Eve sinned their spirit immediately died. However they both lived into their 900s so physical death wasn’t immediate. They started out as body, soul and spirit. They were perfect. One sin caused them to lose their spirit and permanently corrupted Adam’s flesh. Just one sin! He forever would pass down the sin virus to every human ever born; except for the One born of a virgin.

So now let’s talk about what we know. The prophet Isaiah makes it crystal clear: we are unclean and our righteous works are like filthy rags to God:

”But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.“ ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64‬:‭6‬

As does Paul in his letter to the Romans:

”As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”“ Romans‬ ‭3‬:‭10‬-‭12‬

So we must understand that no amount of works can be done to obtain salvation. Ever!

Here is the gospel:

”Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,“ I Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭1‬-‭4‬

So works can’t save us and can play no role in our salvation. It is the finished work of Jesus Christ that saves. He imputes His righteousness to us the moment we place our trust in His finished work on the cross.

”So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.“ John‬ ‭19‬:‭30‬

So if you believe that sin can cause someone to lose their salvation then how many sins would it take to in fact kill the spirit after becoming born again? It took only one for Adam and Eve. After being born again have you sinned? Yes we sin in word, thought and deed.

So here is the reality check. Once you place your faith in Christ and His finished work for salvation you become a new creation. You go from a person with just a body and soul to a person with a body, soul and a spirit who cannot die anymore. Once this new creation is formed you can’t undo it. It is impossible. It’s like a caterpillar that turns into a butterfly. Once that happens it can never be reversed. It is the same with us. We are a new creation that can never go back to just body and soul; the born again spirit in us cannot die. It has no sin and Christ’s righteousness has been imputed to your spirit.

”The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,“ Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭16‬

Your flesh - body with sinful nature, is corrupted and cannot live in heaven. Your body will have to be transformed in one of the ways described by Paul:

”For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.“ I Thessalonians‬ ‭4‬:‭16‬-‭17‬

”So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”“ ‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭54‬

Bottom line:
A butterfly can try to act like a caterpillar again by rolling around on the ground and it may be eaten or squashed by that decision but it will still be a butterfly. We may go back into the world and act like the world and yes those choices can have dire consequences, but you can never morph back into a person with just a body and soul. Your new spirit born from above, born of God is perfect and will never die, it has eternal life. Your spirit is sealed for the day of redemption by God Himself. Who can break the Seal of God?! No one! Christ really did pay for every sin, past present and future. You can NEVER lose your salvation. Period.

Now that that’s settled, live for Jesus because of His great gift of eternal life! Love Him because He first loved you! Not because you are afraid of hell, but because you are so grateful for the wonderful gift and guarantee of salvation and eternal life!

As you grow as a Christian, motivated by the greatness of the gift you received, you will mature and be blessed (but also persecuted, in one way or another). However you will not attain a perfectly sinless state on this side of heaven, but hopefully you will sin less.

”For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”“ Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭15‬

”For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.“ II Timothy‬ ‭1‬:‭7‬

Fight the good fight, because you are a child of God and no one can change that!

==============

I found some of these insights above on someone’s FB post a while ago. I loved the caterpillar :bug:/butterfly :butterfly: analogy. I made some changes, added some details.

Be encouraged!

2 Likes

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

A Christians can even teach men to sin and still get to Heaven according to Matthew 5:19, but will be the least in Heaven.

1 Like

Agreed 100%. Many do exactly that nowadays wittingly or unwittingly, the LORD knows their heart. We’re in the Laodicean period no doubt.
However, the grace of God abounds nonetheless. Where sin increased, grace abounded all the more. And the crucial thing here is:

1. To recognize the tragic reality; I, for one would not like to be ignorant of the nature of the times we live in; I would get totally confused without knowing what times we live in.
    This verse is amazingly relevant today:
    Of Issachar, men who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do I Chronicles 12:32.
  2. Once we understand where we are, resolve to live and act wisely. Shine God’s love and grace to a world lost in sin, and encourage fellow believers in Christ. Yes, shine even more brightly wherever God has placed you, on this forum for instance. :slight_smile: The grace of God will continue to abound until the very end.
    This is a fact, even today:
    The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:5

LORD help us all!

2 Likes

Hey GB @goodboy,

Long time! Good to see you!

I like what you’re saying/thinking on the subject of salvation. I don’t see how there can be any other way than OSAS. But the Bible also speaks of our salvation in different tenses… Long ago I heard a wonderful sermon on this and though I cannot recall who the preacher even was, this article from gotquestions.org covers the subject well. Hope it edifies you.

Shalom,
gr

1 Like

Well we can’t always agree. LOL! :grinning:

• Past: We have been saved from the penalty of sin. We have been justified? :+1:
Absolutely!!!

• Present: We are being saved from the power of sin. We are being sanctified? :-1:
Nope. We are saved from the power of sin. We are sanctified?

• Future: We will be saved from the presence of sin. We will be glorified. :+1:
Absolutely!!!

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Romans 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I believe that sin no longer has power over a Christian, meaning we do have a choice not to sin, but still will sin due to our flesh. An unbeliever does not have the power not to sin. They actually want to sin. Paul actually said it is not him who sins, but his flesh as he does not want to sin at all. A believer does not really want to sin in his heart, but the flesh keeps tempting him so even a believer cannot yet be sinless. Only after we get rid of our current body.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

That’s what I believe anyway. :grinning:

3 Likes

I found this today and thought it would fit well in this thread. The irony of it is that it’s coming from the calvinist camp who use subtle clichées as this:
“It is faith alone which justifies, and yet the faith which justifies is not alone.”

The Bible couldn’t be more clear that we are justified by faith.

”But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom
God imputes righteousness apart from works
“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4‬:‭5‬-‭8‬

God Bless!

1 Like