Video regarding salvation

I liked this video, especially the second part where the young lady ask why can’t all religions lead to Heaven. The guy gives a totally logical answer!

Catholic Man Asks Christian Pastor About Salvation Then THIS Happens…

God Bless!

Goodboy

9 Likes

John MacArthur is very good at teaching the whole Truth in his church. I know of some very big churches that are full gospel and the Catholics love coming to hear the Bible read and taught verse by verse, BUT they remain in their faith, not seeing the Truth. Why?? And why do they hunger for the Truth but do not obey and turn from their idolatry? Is it that they are not boldly told that they are deceived? Are these pastors afraid of losing their big congregation? I have my opinion based on the Bible, but what is to be done about these churches? What can we as believers do when many of our friends go to these churches?

4 Likes

Morning Carol Anne,

I think all we can do is pray and plant seeds. God’s Word WILL accomplish His will.

I know I’m preaching to the choir on this…
I don’t understand people being presented truth and denying it. I don’t understand people who will argue and call you names but steadfastly refuse to look at what you present. It’s most noticeable with Catholics, but there are many from other denominations/“good people” who hold to a form of God, but they do not trust Him, denying His power. Just like the Bible says.

I have friends I have shown pics to— the serpent design of the pope’s audience hall, the demonic statue behind his throne; and show some of the RCC’s pronouncements to. They look. They nod. They keep on doing and believing what they always have. My go-to last line of argument is this:

Jesus was on the cross— not a church, not a church representative, not a particular politician; it was Jesus. He alone shed His blood to redeem us. And we must trust Him alone to be redeemed.

BTW, thanks for the pic and Gracie update!

Shalom Sister,
:heart: gr

5 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement. When my heart is screaming to shake them and wake them up, your words reminded me that God’s Word WILL accomplish His will. I am thankful that when we are with our Lord forever, he will wipe away all our tears and that includes the thoughts of those we witnessed to but would not/could not see the truth. I couldn’t bear the thoughts of what Hell they will be going thru for eternity. Because He is a Just God, we will have the mind of Christ in heaven as the scripture says and will understand and see things as He sees them. Just and pure, clean and righteous will be the spirit we have there. Hallelujah.

3 Likes

Who Will Be Saved?

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

In John 3:18 Jesus states that the ONLY path to salvation is belief in (acceptance of) Jesus Christ.
In John 3:20 Jesus states that those who do evil reject the light (Jesus Christ),
In John 3:21 Jesus states that those who do good come to the light (Jesus Christ).

So it kind of works out such that all good (God’s good, not man’s) people will be saved. Not because of their good works, but because they will be drawn to the light (Jesus Christ). Conversely all evil (God’s evil, not man’s) people will not be saved. Not because of the evil they do, but because they will reject the light (Jesus Christ).

So here we are in the end of 2023. Soon and very soon we will be Raptured.

Do you know someone who is not yet saved, but you believe in your heart is a good person?

Maybe I should define what I mean by a good person first. Or maybe I should say, not an evil person.

God’s good is more about what you believe in than what you do, but what you do in a large part tends to be based on what you believe. The reason I say what you believe over what you do, is because there are a lot of people doing good things for bad or selfish reasons.

Conversely, there are a lot of people doing bad things due to situations they are in that are beyond their control. So a good person is someone who believes in the same good things that God believes in such as things like love, justice, mercy, order and many others.

So back to the topic and I ask again, do you know someone who is not yet saved but you believe in your heart is a good person? If you do and believe what I have stated from the bible (all those who are good will be saved) then there are three choices for these people.

1. They get saved soon by hearing something that convinces them to accept Christ. Easy!
  2. God shows them what they are trusting in is flawed by putting them in a bad situation financially, physically or emotionally. Not fun!!!
  3. They are left here after the Rapture and are then convinced. Really not fun!!!

Goodboy

4 Likes

Morning Carol Anne,

I (along with you and so many others) wait eagerly for that glorious day!

love ya!
gr

Oh Father, l am in awe of You. Let even me be a woman after Your own heart. Save my house. Save all our houses. Oh Abba, we love You. Hosanna. Save us. Amen.

5 Likes

This is so well written and helpful Goodboy. Thank you for the outline which, by the way, is good to ask those we witness to.
I will keep this handy as many I talk to say they are a good person.

3 Likes

I love that about King David. His life is a reflection of most of us and I am thankful God chose to include all his story, not just the parts we learned about as children.

The prayer is beautiful and sincere. You blessed me again dear sis.

4 Likes

Beautifully explained. Reminds me of this verse:

And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. Luke 18:19

Richard Wurmbrand, a Romanian Jewish Christian who was persecuted and spend 14 years in the communist prisons in Romania said this:

If there’s anything good in me, it is not of me, but of God.”

And coming from you @goodboy, it just brings a smile because of your username :slight_smile:

God bless!

3 Likes

Your response helps me to think of what I might ask someone who claims to be a good person, which is as follows.

Jesus is good and what he offers as a free gift is easy and good, so why would you not want to accept his free gift, if you are a good person?

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The “yoke” Jesus speaks of is acceptance of him as our Savior as we become his. Like when someone owns an oxen.

The “burden” is what he asks of us as we become a christian, meaning our walk after salvation.

So if someone tells you that what you believe in is “Easy Believism”, tell them that is correct and what Matthew 11:30 teaches along with all the other verses that state that salvation is a Free Gift!!!

4 Likes

The Carnivores vs The Herbivores

This is a made up story I wrote illustrating the meaning of a bible passage. It is very similar to the parables that Jesus used to explain bible principles.

There was a very kind man who loved animals almost as much as he loved people. He had a large amount of property amounting to 500 acres. He also had many children amounting to 37 of all different ages. His children loved animals almost as much as the kind man. The man decided that he should fence in his land and get many animals that he would take care of. As he never wanted these animals to harm his children, he only wanted herbivores meaning those who eat only plants.

This man was getting older and was not as spry as he once was, so he told 10 of his son to go out and find as many herbivores as they could and bring them to his fenced in land. His sons were very happy to get this tasks as they loved anything that had to do with animals. There was one problem though. The sons did not know which animals were herbivores (eat plants) and which were carnivores (eat meat). So they asked their father how they could tell which animals were herbivores and which were carnivores.

The man was not only kind, but also very wise. He told his sons that this is what they should do. They should go out with two large wagons. One wagon would be filled to the brim with plants and the other wagon would be filled with meat. The only animals they should bring back to be fenced in and taken care of are the ones attracted to the plants to eat from. This system worked perfectly as all the animals were very hungry and were drawn to what it was that wanted to eat.

This made up story or parable is way to explain salvation. There are two categories of people which are those whose heart is full of evil continually and those whose heart while infected with sin also seek to do good. Those who seek to do evil continually are not attracted to what is good. Those who seek to do good, but sometimes resort to sin are attracted to what is good. Whether you agree with this statement or not, just consider it as you read the bible verses below focusing on John 3:19 – 3:21.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

An example of those not attracted to good are in the following verse.

Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

An example of someone attracted to good, but did sin many times is spoken of in the verse below.

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

Goodboy :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Is Salvation a Process or Event?
(Earning Our Salvation)

There is a doctrine going around called OSAS (Once Save Always Saved) which I agree with. This states that salvation is a one time event based on the sincere believe in and acceptance of Jesus Christ as your savior. Once someone puts their trust in Christ I would then say they are saved, just as I claim to be saved. Hopefully all this makes sense to you whether or not you believe it to be the case.

Well let’s now talk about someone who does not believe in OSAS. That would mean whether they state it or not, they don’t believe that salvation is a onetime event. So if it is not a onetime event, then it must be a process. If it is a process, how do you know when the process is complete and you are saved? The only way I can see that you would know for sure, is if you are just about to die and are still strongly following after Christ.

Also, if indeed salvation is a process, why do people say that they are saved? The word “saved” is past tense, meaning already completed. If it is a process, while they can claim to be a Christian they can not claim to be saved. Why do we go out and share with others telling them all they must do is to accept Jesus Christ as their savior to be saved if it is a process? If it is a process we should then be truthful and tell them this is how you begin the process.

Back to what I believe. Salvation for the New Testament believer is “Good News”. Why is it good news? Because God has a gift for you and all you need to do is accept it. If you understand what this gift is you will rejoice! Well if someone gave you a lottery ticket with a chance to win the lottery, would you rejoice? Now if someone gave you the winning lottery ticket, then you would rejoice. My point here is that if the “Good News” is only a chance for salvation (process) why would I rejoice? I may not ever get saved.

I’m pretty sure I have not changed the mind of someone who does not believe in eternal security, but I would challenge you to stop using the past tense term of “saved” especially when sharing with others. Tell them the whole story if that’s what you believe. Don’t tell them all you have to do is this and then later tell them that there is more that they must do.

How easy it is to slip into saying that there is something other than acceptance that we must do, even if it is just to keep believing to earn our salvation.

We have all of our lives to say a 15 second prayer to accept Jesus as our Savior. This could happen as a young child up until just before death or any time in between. As we cannot lose our salvation by what we do or don’t do, we cannot tell who is saved. That means we could think that someone we love is not saved, but they may have gotten saved at some point and later became deceived.

A Jewish friend of mine accepted Jesus as his Savior, but no one but me knows that.

3 Likes

A preacher once had an apt answer to the question:
How can God let people who did a certain amount of good things in this life end up is hell?
His answer was something similar to this:
The reason why evil and unjust people are capable of doing a certain amount of good things is only because of the grace of God that they benefit from. Their good deeds should correctly be attributed to God’s grace in their life, rather than to something good in themselves…

According to Matthew 5:45b we know this fact:

For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

It all comes back to this:

1 Like

Amen

I’ve lived my first few years as a real believer in Romania without the OSAS Assurance of Salvation. It was a nightmare, always in doubt, always scared that I could loose my salvation (Arminianism). That’s the norm teaching in these areas… BUT GOD, He knew what I was hungering after, and He brought me to the sound biblical teaching of Salvation by Grace alone through faith alone, including Eternal Security. Finally I’ve come to understand the whole package of Salvation.

I believe the confusion arises from failing to understand these 3 tenses/facets of salvation:

1. Justification (we do not contribute anything)
    I am justified and have eternal life in the moment I place my trust in Jesus’ work on the cross. I cannot loose justification and eternal life because I contributed nothing to obtaining it, it was a gift. My sole responsibility was to accept it.
  2. Progressive Sanctification (we contribute to a certain extent, we have to be willing to grow)
    Now that I am saved forever, my reasonable response is to choose to grow and mature as a believer, and sin less. However, I will not reach perfection on this side of heaven. This step, implies I am willing to grow AND receive sound biblical teaching. Many don’t grow because they lack sound teaching, and it can be out of someone’s control many times. It’s a sad reality. “My people perish for a lack of knowledge”.
  3. Glorification (we do not contribute anything)
    When Jesus comes to rapture us, we will be glorified; gone is the sinful nature forever.

These are things I learned from teachers God sent my way, none of what I stated above is my composition/realization; I was just at the receiving end. God did indeed: "gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers as per Ephesians 4:11. An I am so grateful He did!

I hope this encourages someone.
Thank you @goodboy for your great post.

Grace and peace to all!

5 Likes

Excellent!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

God Keeps Us

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise**.**

John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.
John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Likes

I posted this in another thread, but I want to make sure those on this thread see this as most Pastor teach something different.

The Sower

Luke 8:5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
Luke 8:6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
Luke 8:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
Luke 8:8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit a hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Luke 8:9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Luke 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
Luke 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke all record Jesus parable of “The Sower”. Most pastors I have heard refer to either Matthew or Mark when preaching on this parable. I have not heard a pastor preach from Luke regarding this parable. I don’t know if this is intentional on their part or just happenstance.

Am I saying that there is something wrong with Matthew or Mark’s version? Not at all! Their versions are absolutely correct, just not as precise. In Luke’s record he adds something to make it clear what Jesus was saying by adding “lest they should believe and be saved.” This was added to make it clear that the only group that was not saved in the parable was “Those by the way side”.

The purpose of the parable was not to discuss what it takes to be saved and/or how committed you must be. The purpose of the parable was to reveal the main reasons that Born Again Christians do not run what Paul would call the good race. Things like temptation, cares, riches and pleasures of this life cause them to fail in their Christian walk.

Jesus uses this parable to warn the Apostles that;

Some would never accept Christ as their savior (The Way Side).
Some would accept Christ as their savior, but temptation would cause them to fall away (The Rock).
Some would accept Christ as their savior, but the cares and riches and pleasures of this life would keep them from bring forth fruit (The Thorns).
Some would accept Christ as their savior, keep the word and bring forth fruit with patience (The Good Ground).

For those who think the only ones who are saved are “The Good Ground”. Look how Matthew and Mark describe “The Good Ground”.

Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Mark 4:20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

So if “The Good Ground” is what it takes for salvation then, according to Mathew and Mark you must get at least 30 people saved.

So this parable is primarily (except for the Way Side) talking about a Christian’s walk, not about salvation. Most preachers I have heard say that the only ones who are saved are those “On the good ground”. If that were true then salvation would not be a free gift, as it would require that there is something that you must do (works) other than accept Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

All that is required for salvation as stated in Luke 8:12 and many other scriptures is to believe. All the others things a Born Again Christian should do are for the rewards you will receive some in this life, but most in eternity.

Goodboy :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’d have to slightly agree on the explanation of the parable except regarding good fruit bearing 100,60,30 fold meaning you must bring at least 30 people to being saved (according to Matthew and Mark’s account). Rather each person who bears good fruit will bring forth their own number of works (which don’t matter to get us into heaven, but are the will of God for us to do in the name of Jesus as our purpose on earth) to point people to Christ. What are good fruit? Things that are good in the eyes of the LORD, done for the right purpose (His). We can’t look at part of the parable and say it was figurative, then look at the other part and say it’s literal. It’s all an illustration. After all, Jesus did point out that while the disciples understood what Jesus was teaching plainly, the lost did not and it was through the parable people could understand better the moral points and/or spiritual truth He was trying to make.

With Matthew, and Mark, they presented the parable in one way for a reason; For those of who would be able to understand the parable in that manner. Luke presented it another way for another set of people to better understand the meaning of the parable. All three inspired by God to write as such. Not entirely unlike you are doing right now to explain it even further for another set.

Between the three apostles, they laid the foundation for what Paul and James were talking about regarding works and faith. That presentation can then circle back to this specific parable of people who have accepted the Word of God through Jesus, putting the word of God into their hearts and keeping it that they will do good works not to earn their way into heaven (as that’s impossible), but because they are inspired to do good works from what Jesus taught to feed on the word of God so it’s in our hearts always, and guides us with the Holy Spirit to love our neighbors as ourselves and not let temptation overcome us to do wickedness either to ourselves or to others. All because God has given us all that we need to overcome temptation should we but use it and not let the “thorns or the birds of the air” or the lack of input of the Word into our heart whither ourselves away.

2 Likes

That’s fine as my only important point is that of the four categories in the parable the only ones who were not saved are those by the way side. The parable is not about salvation, but about why most Christians don’t have good ground so to speak and why.

All of the Pastors I have heard always say only those with the good ground are saved. While I am sure that is not what they mean, they are actually stating something more than belief is required for salvation, meaning works. You cannot work for a Free Gift!

2 Likes

It would seem we’re on the same page with that. Which is good. Truth is always the best side to be on.

3 Likes