Witnessing to JW

Hi brothers and sisters!!! I’m wondering if anyone here is a previous Jehovah witness that can give me some pointers on witnessing to JWs or if anyone can share some helpful material or YouTube links to help. It’s been on my heart for a little while to do this. I feel the Lord leading me in this direction, any help would be greatly appreciated!! God bless and keep you all!!

8 Likes

If you go to YT and type in Billy Crone Jehovah’s Wittnesses, it’ll pop up 7 videos you can watch.

4 Likes

This is something I wrote that any JW who is interested in the truth cannot dispute. The name “Jehovah” is nowhere in the New Testament of the Bible or the original Greek and is a Hebrew name. The JW’s translate the Greek word of LORD into Jehovah in their Bible so their belief that Jesus is not God makes sense. Sometimes they even correctly translate the same Greek word into Lord so that Lord Jesus makes sense else it would read Jehovah Jesus. As per the example below.

Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Just to be clear, LORD is a title not a name. How can use translate a title into a name? The JW’s tell their members that their Bible is correct, but it is clear that it is not.

Below is what I wrote…

The Meaning of the word Lord
Lord is from the Greek word kurios which is a title not a name.

Here is the definition of Kurios
From kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): - God, Lord, master, Sir.

King James Bible
Luke 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

JW New World Translation ( Translating kurios correctly to Lord)
Luke 24:3 and when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus

King James Bible
Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

JW New World Translation ( Translating kurios incorrectly to Jehovah)
And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.

King James Bible
Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

JW New World Translation ( Translating kurios incorrectly to Jehovah)
Luke 1:68 Let Jehovah be praised, the God of Israel, because he has turned his attention to his people and has brought them deliverance.

They have also changed “for he hath visited” to “he has turned his attention to”.

The Jehovah Witnesses try to remove or change anything in the bible that states or even implies that Jesus is God.

Not sure if this helps. There are many, many other things the JW’s changed in their Bible, but I cannot see how they get around what I have stated above.

Here is the most obvious one, but their slick change can seem more plausible.

King James Bible
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

JW New World Translation (Inserting the word “a” and making the word God lower case)
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

Goodboy :pray:

7 Likes

This is what I sent to my sister who is a Jehovah witness a month ago, but have not yet received a response.

Carol,

We are getting to that age where we will soon pass away just like our siblings Cheryl and Jim. With that in mind, we need to be sure of what God requires in order for us to be resurrected. I know the Jehovah’s Witnesses believe it is based on what you do, while others like me believe it is based on what you believe. So I have a question for you?

I have provided some short verses from the JW Bible for you to read that state salvation is a FREE GIFT.

Romans 5:15
But the gift is not like the trespass. For if by one man’s trespass many died, how much more did the undeserved kindness of God and his free gift by the undeserved kindness of the one man, Jesus Christ, abound to many!
Romans 5:16
Also, it is not the same with the free gift as with the way things worked through the one man who sinned. For the judgment after one trespass was condemnation, but the gift after many trespasses was a declaration of righteousness.
Romans 11:6
Now if it is by undeserved kindness, it is no longer through works; otherwise, the undeserved kindness would no longer be undeserved kindness.
Ephesians 2:8
By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift.
Ephesians 2:9
No, it is not a result of works, so that no one should have grounds for boasting.

So my question to you is how can you work for a FREE GIFT. If you work for it, it is no longer free! You are smart so please utilize you own brain, not what some man tells you. God gave us the Bible so we would not need to depend on man. Also, please do not respond with your answer by providing some other verses or asking someone else for help. All I have provided comes directly from me, not any religion or any other person.

I want you to use your own brain to explain to me what the verses I provided are saying.

Love you and your family!

Emoji

5 Likes

A key verse, I often use with Muslims:

John 6.‪38: For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

You can also add John 3.16, 14.6
And the end of Luke 22 when Jesus says he is the Christ, the son of God and a King but his kingdom is not of this world.

‪John 18
‪36: Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from here.
‪37: Pilate therefore said unto him, Are you a king then? Jesus answered, You say that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth hears my voice.

(KJV2000)

4 Likes

Hi @childofGod7
I was raised JW and they deny the deity of Christ . They changed their bible to fit their belief system . It is truly a cult and they will lose family and friends if they leave their cult . However , you can show them where their bible was changed . They changed the scripture in John 8:58 - to say I was
Instead of “ I Am “ - thus denying the Deity Of Christ !
They are not able to tie the Old Testament to the New Testament to show Jesus is the same God of Abraham .

Exodus 3: 14-15 cross reference it with John 8 : 58
This can at least open their mind to the book they read .

I had a conversation with a group of JW
JW believe Jesus is the Arch angel Micheal . and it also shows in Genesis that God flooded the earth because of the fallen sons of God had relations with the women that resulted in the Nephilim . God destroyed them with the flood . I asked them this question ; God destroyed the nephilim so He could make His own nephilim to save us ? They had no answer .
It makes no sense that God would destroy the nephilim so he could create another one to save us ! It’s illogical . They had nothing to say but they all looked shocked . They probably told their elders about it and that’s they sent the regional overseers to my house so they could shut it down quickly . Overseer is like a leader of the church that is a very holy person in their church .

I asked them to answer why God would destroy the earth because of the nephilim and then use a nephilim to save us , I asked them to give me the logic . They effectively were claiming Jesus is a nephilim . The regional overseer came to my house to ask me why I said that . He looked at me angrily and said they still excist . I found it very puzzling that he would come over to try to debunk the logic . He left quickly because I began talking about scripture and did not want to hear it . One of the ladies came back to ask for the two scriptures that show the changes in JW bible . She was hiding because she was afraid . My house is now blackballed .

Exodus 3: 14-15 cross reference it with John 8 : 58

Pray pray pray : the devil is with them and they use their iPads so they can answer questions like they know their bible . I always ask them to put the iPad down and tell me what they know and most of them do not know the Bible or understand what they are reading . I usually ask them about the book of Hebrews and they do not even know what it says . The book of John chapter one never clicked when people read it to me . It took the Holy Spirt to open my eyes . If God is leading you to minister to JW know your scriptures and research all the changed scriptures . They have been deceived and are told to never read the Holy Bible only the one they provide .

I hope this helps . I was raised as a JW and got out of the cult at 15 but still had lingering beliefs until God touched my heart because I was searching for Him . I became a born again Christian at age 27 .

Rebecca

7 Likes

I found this on the JW web site.

When Jesus appeared to the apostle Thomas, he took on a body with wound marks. He did this to bolster Thomas’ faith, since Thomas doubted that Jesus had been raised up.​”

So the JW’s are saying that Jesus deceived Thomas and pretended to have wound marks.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Likes

Thank you so much sister!

2 Likes

Thank you all so much!! These are all very helpful!! I really appreciate all the help :heart:

2 Likes

Prayers for your sister!

3 Likes

Thank you so much Rebecca! I may be reaching out to you with more questions! I really appreciate your help! Praise God that He brought you out of that deception!

4 Likes

I knew a Rebecca who lived in Southern CA who is a JW. Could that be you??

1 Like

I just posted this on Facebook with hopes that my sister and her family will read it. My sister who is 82 and her husband are not on Facebook but the rest of her family are. :+1:

What Are the Warning Signs of a Cult?
https://www.biblestudytools.com/…/what-are-the-warning…

• Following a leader with unquestioning faith and allegiance
  • A belief that the group exclusively holds the truth, therefore there is zero tolerance and interaction with those outside the group
  • Isolation of members
  • Severe penalties for leaving the group
  • An emphasis on a special belief or doctrine viewed as strange by others
  • An “us vs. them” mentality, often using persecution of the group as evidence of its truthfulness
  • The use of fear and intimidation to keep you in the group
  • What happens if I disagree with the leaders?
  • How do I respond if an “outsider” criticizes one of our leaders?
  • Are there different sets of “rules” for the leader, and another set for “members”?
  • Who is the leader answerable to? Is there accountability?
  • What would happen if you tried to leave the group?
  • Do they welcome independent thought? Do they believe I can think for myself?
  • Have a lost several friendships since joining this group? Am I being isolated?
  • Am I able to read outside literature?

Are you in a cult?

3 Likes

@goodboy @childofGod7 , I was raised in JW cult . I am on vacation right now but I can help you by with showing you where their Bible was changed to fit the doctrine. It been a while since I had JW bible . I am sure I can find it on line . They believe only 144 thousand will go to heaven and the rest will clean and prepare the world after armagadon . The JW was founded by a Freemason .
They deny the Deity of Christ . Pray for their heart to seek Jesus . The cult preys on their emotions and they are judgmental . They seek the approval of the church people and not God . They use the name Jehovah but it is not God, it’s a demi - god . I will get back in 2 weeks . So I will research their bible and give you all the scriptures that were changed . I wrote earlier some scriptures above . These people are lost and most are not seeking God . I feel sad but Jesus gives us free will and gives us all many chances to come to him . Pray for their heart to seek Jesus and pray that God will let you participate in his plan to bring them to Christ .

Rebecca

3 Likes

Hi ,
They don’t use the Bible . The JW organization changed the scriptures and grammar to change the meaning . JW are told the true Holy Scriptures the “real Bible “ is a peagon book . They don’t read the Bible . They write all their own books and study what is given to them by the JW watch tower society in New York . The children are taught lies and fear . They show scary pictures of children dyeing at armaggadon. The parents are responsible for their children’s salvation . If the parents cannot live up to the church ‘s expectations they will be shunned . This is what happened to us . We were always trying to do good but always failed . It ironic because everyone in the church are scared and if their children leave the church , they will not be allowed to speak to them again . They also tell you to not associate with anyone who is not a JW . I have family members still in the church and working for the approval of the church leaders and church members . Many people have died in the cult and I know where they are - Hell - God gives us free will to choose Him and gives many chances to come to Him .
We serve a Great Loving God , if a person is seeking Jesus they will find Him . The scriptures remind us in the book of Peter - God wishes no one to perish . God will make a way to bring whoever calls upon his name .

Rebecca

3 Likes

Here is a really good video where this guy quotes scripture from the JW New World Translation of the Bible where it shows.

1. Jesus is the one who will judge us.
  2. Jesus is the one who will reward us.
  3. Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last.

Here is the video

1 Like

The word Lord in the New Testament is translated from the Greek word “Kurios”. Kurios is not a name but a title. The JW New World Translation of the Bible translates the Greek word “Kurios” to the name Jehovah sometimes and other times to Lord. How can you translate a title to a name?

https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Lexicon.show/ID/G2962/kurios.htm

1 Like

This guy has just so many questions for and answers to the Jehovah’s Witnesses straight from the Bible. The Video is around 28 minutes long and if you watch it you will want to be able to take notes. I guess if you have time, you could just watch it at first and then watch it again and take notes.

If you know of a Jehovah’s Witness that is willing to have a discussion with you, watching this video is an absolute must! :+1:

This is by far the best I have read, heard or seen on how the Jehovah’s Witnesses have changed their Bible.

1 Like

Oh Goodboy love this!
And your explanation on the use of Lord up
Above. Thank you!

1 Like