April 18 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

How so?

I agree with both statements before and after. “We are not saved by works” and "If there is no works (good works), there is a serious problem). But the statement that “works are necessary” concerns me.

3 Likes

I was just studying the very topic, and looking at James 2:14-24 and then 1 Cor 13:1-3. I replaced the word “works” with “love” and it becomes clear. When we have Jesus, we must have Love and from that Love, will come fruit.

6 Likes

To Whomever , If I have sown discord on this forum, by sharing the gospel I believe in, I am truly sorry for offending, with what I believe is truth. I need to take a break from here for a while, it has become more stressful than spiritual for me. I do love you all …
(some not so much)
Warmly Doc

( Warning below )
“Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness”

• 2 Corinthians 11:14–15

In like manner, the Devil likes to remind us of our sin, to tell us the Father cannot possibly love us because we always serve Him with mixed motives. This work is very hard to distinguish from the work of the Holy Spirit, who convicts us of our wickedness and makes us feel the pain of offending God as well as the terrible sense that we are absent from His presence. Yet the Holy Spirit always wounds us so that He may bring healing and restoration with the Father (Ps. 147:1–3). Satan’s work of accusation only keeps us away from God and paralyzes us with the horror of sin, preventing us from serving the Lord and others. This is why we must remember God’s grace in the Gospel. True, every sin is deeply offensive to the Lord, but in light of our justification (Rom. 8:31–39) no charge can be laid against us. When we repent, God really does forgive us.

Satan sows DISCORD

To sow discord is to say and do things which cause distrust among one another, which results in arguments and fights. Usually the ‘sower’ is acting as if he/she is not trying to cause arguments.

To sow discord is to say and do things which cause distrust among one another, which results in arguments and fights. Usually the ‘sower’ is acting as if he/she is not trying to cause arguments.

“Sowers of Discord” sow the seeds of bitterness, anger, distrust, and hatred into the ground of other people’s hearts. These actions does not come from the spirit of God but birth from hell from the deceiver the devil.

Romans 16:17-18 “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.”

8 Likes

I’m sorry that you’ve been led to needing a break from this communication. know that I’ve enjoyed seeing your posts and will be happy to see you back later.

3 Likes

We love you Doc and hope for your soon return. Bless you brother. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well stated!

1 Like

Remember the parable of the workers of 11th hour => they worked not much than others but they worked.

What is going on? Is this about the OSAS discussion? Why are you feeling bullied? I can tell by your posts that you are extremely upset. Do you mind me asking, what is the issue or point of disagreement? I know something about bullies. I have some formal education with regard to that subject. If there is any way that I can support, or help, I’m here.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you are experiencing this and I’m shocked that anyone in here would call a person in this forum satanic. Namecalling is a form of aggression. Ganging up to belittle another is a form of relational bullying.

You are entitled to your beliefs. That is the free will that God extended to us. It should be safe to disagree with others. Proper witnessing, in my opinion, does not involve emotional abuse. That behaviour is more representative of the way cults operate.

I’m not saying that they were emotionally abusive. I haven’t seen all the texts.

I’m responding to what you have shared with me in this forum.

I would invite any of the people you have named to participate in this discussion. I think this should be resolved and sorted out.

So, about OSAS, what do you believe?

I am familiar with group dynamics.

I’m familiar with group dynamics, from my studies and my experience. I have been teaching for over 30 years.

What do you believe about OSAS? What is your position? I really want to know what you think?

Point taken. How you are feeling about the discussion is what is important right now.

I don’t know if I have helped or not. I hope that you continue to contribute to the discussions in this forum and I’m truly sorry about what you’ve been through. I also believe God and his word.

1 Like

This sounds like more “divide and conquer” instead of “love your brother”. I’m going to pray for you, if that is okay with you, and for the others you have named. I’ll pray for reconcilliation.

2 Likes

Reopened, please keep posts related to the April 18 update.

@Twi “please keep posts related to the update.”

wait, so we can’t veer down other paths when conversing? am I going to go back to not being able to talk freely? the comments section is the only public setting left where we can speak freely here.

i don’t want to sound like a complainer. I just had finally gotten comfortable again, feeling free, doing my best to be a positive member, which I thought was the main point of the General section being removed. this updated request makes it sound like I once again am tightly restricted on what I can discuss. is that what’s happening here? if I have to only do private messaging in order to speak freely, well I won’t be able to participate nearly as much, is my concern. :[

2 Likes

Conversations can naturally veer down paths, that’s OK. If we’re suddenly talking about the best hair cut for a poodle here I would just question intent (as would others lol). There are going to be some changes coming up too to the forum, so hold tight, hopefully it will address your concern here :wink:

7 Likes