April 25 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

My understanding of this is two fold.

1. Willful sin = A sin against the Word of God. Not just a sin on purpose. But a sin against even wanting to honor or care about God’s law as anything special. Christ is the new thing God is doing. To not accept Christ as what God is now doing is = to not wanting to honor the God of the OT at all. The irony is that many Hebrews would turn away from Christ and return to Judaism…what they were familiar with and what was more acceptable. However, that system (which had been) was no longer “what God was now doing.” So it would be equal to a sin against Judaism as a whole for which there was no sacrifice in the Old Testament that would cover such a sin in so doing.
  1. Meaning of “Sanctified.” – Please read in detail below for deeper backdrop, commentary, and context. Ultimately I believe what this is saying in Heb 10:29 is that the person identified as a believer but ironically thought cheaply upon the blood that “supposedly” sanctified him. This looks like it may be the blasphemy against the holy spirit. If it is, where ever do we see this plainly though? The Pharisees that did this never wanted to come to Christ to begin with. It would seem that this is rather a warning that if you go back to Judaism it is as if you truly walked away from it altogether…and there is no longer any hope for you in that system, or Christianity…since you no longer see it fit for yourself. The context suggests Heb 10:19-25 is about people who would meet with the church and also Judaism. Like straddling the fence. So it was an encouragement to meet only or mostly or increasingly with the church and move away from their OT system. The danger in not doing so were the following verses 10:26 +.

:blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb::blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb::blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb::blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom:

:cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus:W I L L F U L L :cactus: S I N :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus:

Hebrews is written to Hebrew believers. The temptation to go back to the old animal sacrifice system was huge. This is a warning not to turn back to Old Testament belief. Can we only imagine how fierce the devil would be toward that church at these most earliest forming years…still writing the written word?

If you look in the old testament there is no sacrifice for a willful sin (willful in the context of deliberately contesting the word of God–obviously steeling was wilful to an extent), however there were many willful sins listed that do. For example Lev 20:15. This person did not steal by accident. The idea in Hebrews 10 is “deliberately against the word of God…like to defy God’s word or laws.” Deliberate in the sense of “purposefully going against something because it is GOD’S LAW.” This had no sacrifice. So the idea in Heb 10 is that if you refuse God’s Word, CHRIST, then there is no sin offering because CHRIST is the WORD.

:blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb::blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb::blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb::blossom: :herb: :blossom: :herb: :blossom:

:cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: S A N C T I F I E D :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus:

Biblestudytools.com.
… either of the person, the apostate himself, who was sanctified or separated from others by a visible profession of religion; having given himself up to a church, to walk with it in the ordinances of the Gospel; and having submitted to baptism, and partook of the Lord’s supper, and drank of the cup, “the blood of the New Testament”, or “covenant”: though he did not spiritually discern the body and blood of Christ in the ordinance, but counted the bread and wine, the symbols of them, as common things; or who professed himself, and was looked upon by others, to be truly sanctified by the Spirit, and to be justified by the blood of Christ, though he was not really so: or rather the Son of God himself is meant, who was sanctified, set apart, hallowed, and consecrated, as Aaron and his sons were sanctified by the sacrifices of slain beasts, to minister in the priest’s office: so Christ, when he had offered himself, and shed his precious blood, by which the covenant of grace was ratified, by the same blood he was brought again from the dead, and declared to be the Son of God with power; and being set down at God’s right hand, he ever lives to make intercession, which is the other part of his priestly office he is sanctified by his own blood to accomplish. This clause, “wherewith he was sanctified”, is left out in the Alexandrian copy.

John Macarthur also holds this position (although Heb 7:26-27 seems to suggest not even a picture of this as a mirror of the earthly…but rather Christ coming from a completely different priesthood as one who lives forever…much less of course Christ would have no need of being sanctified having no real need of it–but for ceremonial representation, perhaps–yet I see no real match for this biblically either).

2 Peter 2:1 “the Master who bought them— bringing swift destruction on themselves.” This could be the the kind of sense in which “sanctified” is used. For Christ died for all. Provision was made. Yet not all will believe upon Him for it. In the same sense there is a ministry in Christ where He separate out unto mankind, salvation. In that the provision for mankind to be sanctified could also be seen as possible for all…and thus…and “already” done deal in the sense of Christ making provision (not literally cleansing all from sin) of sanctification kind of thing.
l
BENGEL
…by which he was sanctified) Therefore Christ died even for such a man as this. The same word is used concerning the redeemed, Hebrews 10:10; Hebrews 10:14, ch. Hebrews 2:11 (where they are distinguished from the Redeemer, who sanctifies);

BARNES
And hath counted the blood of the covenant - The blood of Jesus by which the new covenant between God and man was ratified; see the notes on Hebrews 9:16-20; compare the notes on Matthew 26:28.

Wherewith he was sanctified - Made holy, or set apart to the service of God. The word “sanctify” is used in both these senses. Prof. Stuart renders it, “by which expiation is made;” and many others, in accordance with this view, have supposed that it refers to the Lord Jesus. But it seems to me that it refers to the person who is here supposed to renounce the Christian religion, or to apostatize from it. The reasons for this are such as these:

(1) it is the natural and proper meaning of the word rendered here “sanctified.” This word is commonly applied to Christians in the sense that they are made holy; see Acts 20:32; Acts 26:18; 1 Corinthians 1:2; Jde 1:1; compare John 10:36; John 17:17.

(2) it is unusual to apply this word to the Saviour. It is true, indeed, that he says John 17:19, “for their sakes I sanctify myself,” but there is no instance in which he says that he was sanctified by his own blood. And where is there an instance in which the word is used as meaning “to make expiations?”

(3) the supposition that it refers to one who is here spoken of as in danger of apostasy, and not of the Lord Jesus, agrees with the scope of the argument. The apostle is showing the great guilt, and the certain destruction, of one who should apostatize from the Christian religion. In doing this it was natural to speak of the dishonor which would thus be done to the means which had been used for his sanctification - the blood of the Redeemer. It would be treating it as if it were a common thing, or as if it might be disregarded like anything else which was of no value.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
wherewith he was sanctified—for Christ died even for him. “Sanctified,” in the fullest sense, belongs only to the saved elect. But in some sense it belongs also to those who have gone a far way in Christian experience, and yet fall away at last. The higher such a one’s past Christian experiences, the deeper his fall.

:cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus::cactus: A F T E R T H O U G H T :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus: :cactus:

PERHAPS THERE IS A SENSE IN WHICH CHRIST’S BLOOD SANCTIFIED OFFICIALY THE ENTIRE SENSE ABOUT THE REALITY OF THERE EVEN EVER NEEDING TO BE A HIGH PREIST. HIS BLOOD HAVING ALSO SANCTIFIED THE OFFICE (not that He Himself needed it) FOR ALL ETERNITY. SANCTIFYING THE OFFICE TO LIVE ON FOREVER AS HE. There might be some flaws with this view. But thought to put it out there. Nonetheless, Christ does say He did sanctify Himself…which is interesting to consider–although most likely in the sense of separating. But whatever the case I do not believe the person “sanctified” in Heb 10:26 was ever saved. Or ever really sanctified.

To me what sanctified means is that we become Chosen. Not from eternity past. But chosen to qualify to become Christ like. I believe that is the profound meaning of both Eph 1:4 & Romans 8:29. In both of those cases it appears that believers become chosen then to become like Christ (or on journey to become conformed to Christ likeness through the sanctification process over time) after that believer receives Christ and then become officially “in Christ.” It is not likely one qualifies and chosen to be Christlike and then ops out. This becoming Christ like process was what was ordained in eternity past to occur for a believer–once that believer accepted Christ. It is also a very strong notion for eternal security. Those chosen by God in Christ to become Christ like was something He ordained in eternity past. It is outside the scope of our temporal minds to mess up. Hope this is somewhat helpful…blessings.

You can write bible commentaries like John Calvin :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

https://thedailycoin.org/2021/04/27/the-global-deep-state-a-new-world-order-brought-to-you-by-covid-19/

5 Likes

lol…thanks…i think…lol. Most of that is just various commentaries to show contrast and consideration in regards to a very controversial topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking time to message me it’s appreciated and of great comfort that you can relate to myself and offer encouragement , support…

God Bless
Much love Cara

2 Likes

Wow you just blew my mind with that comentario. I would have never thought that about dr jefress. How Franklin graham pushing for the vaccine? I guess you really can’t trust anyone but the Word of God. Wow

2 Likes

That is my go to pace, slow, but unsteady :woozy_face:
:snail:get out of the way

I am laughing, my sister friend! It finally dawned on me what I expected you were thinking. :smiley:

1 Like

It IS insane and it baffles me—though not really—how this is playing out. Some of us are in a sort of calm before these actions (like the fines) pick up and intensify, depending on where we live. I am going to enjoy my token freedoms, while I yet have them. :wilted_flower::pray:

2 Likes

Note the paragraphs that refer to identifying vaccinated from unvaccinated, followed up with their concern for the health of the unvaccinated. Then blaming those people for the continuation of mask wearing outdoors.

I’m guessing it won’t be long till unmasked persons will be the object of mob anger; its a short hop to attacking another group of people.

5 Likes

You’re welcome, Cara. I struggle with depression and anxiety as it is and am limited on how much bad news I can handle. As you know, pastor JD is trying to sound the alarm and get as many people to Jesus as possible in whatever time we have left before the Rapture. But we must remember the GOOD NEWS we have in Jesus Christ and eagerly anticipate our eternity with him when there will be no more struggles of any kind!
Many blessings to you this day!
Maranatha!

Katrina

1 Like

“A lot of that is the inability to distinguish between vaccinated and unvaccinated and to say that in those settings when you have that density we really do worry about protecting the unvaccinated people,” she said.
This is where vaccine passports will come into play “and then a short hop” to the mark.

2 Likes

I love the advice also starliteblues gave below I have copied and pasted …

Take a break from it. We can still our souls like a weaned child waiting on mother. We can be still and know that the Lord, He is God. A practical thing we do is with the Bible Gateway App. I set it to the NKJV with Simon Bubb the reader and then play the Psalms to their completion, a lot; daily, over and over. We don’t watch any TV/cable at all anymore. No news, nothing. And having done so, replacing that time with hearing Scripture, over time anxieties, worries, ruminating intrusive busy thoughts, fears, impatience etc. fade more and more. We sleep with it on. Like fasting, it’s fasting from things that distract from focusing on God. It helps to remind ourselves of God’s protection; His vindication and vengeance upon our enemies. Another way is starting in Romans forward we play the audio Bible. We switch it up. Sometimes the Psalms. Sometimes we start with Isaiah. Sometimes the Gospels. I focus on what’s read aloud and pray along with the audio Scriptures into sleep. Like: Yes Lord, You hear my cry; You surround me, You’re my shield. Thank You for making Your arrows ready (Psalm 21). So for the ones lamenting I personalize it: Lord I thank You that You are not far off, not silent. You are my God, thank You Lord for not being far off from me because the way Jesus Your Son has given me to You as You are in Him, Father, He in You. Thank You for not hiding Your face from me; that i can seek You. It will come in time. Like Paul’s practical advice to Timothy for his ailments with his stomach, this is like wine for the mind, soul, heart, emotions to heal and comfort. The oil and wine of God’s Word by the comfort of the Holy Spirit

2 Likes
1 Like

UNITY AMID DIVERSITY :heavy_heart_exclamation:

To me, it seems these “passports” are to be the mark, and the “owners” of these passes will be bowing to the global government. Just like the injection, once you take it you cannot UN-take it. Those who have received the shots do not have to accept the “passport,” for those will quickly be changed from a card to a chip and all partakers will surely become ensnared by the global system. There will still be the lawless one, but this is the run up and may happen first. And it is all happening so fast it may just be that once he is installed, people will then realize they’ve been taken.
I know I want no part in any of it, but can see how difficult it will be for those with more than just themselves to be concerned about. We must be keeping the faith and trusting the Lord, in all things.

1 Like

Hi Christopher. In all honesty (after being here for 5 months) i don’t see this issue come up all that often). Although the OSAS and Non-Osas argument is very much alive today in the church, I don’t see it all that much here. I have a friend 7,000 miles away that is not OSAS and we are very respectful toward our difference in that. But friends non-the-less. If I might be perceived in the category of bully, I ask your forgiveness. I have some rather radical concepts that can tend to cause quite a stir on this forum. So I am no stranger here to “strong” opposition. And having strong convictions ourselves can lead us at times to expressions that are less than grace filled charitable approaches to one another (self potentially included there of course). But even as however thick things can get, this forum for the most part is a very loving place. And the fact that they allow varying sides to an issue (even where this website may or would disagree) speaks volumes to both the heart of this forum as well as the grace upon Pastor JD’s heart.

You lay out some very good and thorough insights to consider. I believe you to be an asset to our forum. I hope you do stay around and we see much of you brother.

In respect to OSAS and Reformation, i would just say from my own background that I was a Calvinist for 20 years. But in the last 5 years have totally walked away from the Reformation leaning. I see that Arminius was a Calvinist too. And although their views differ, they both argue from the same theological wheelhouse which I do not see as biblical. Even so, as a non-Reformation believer (I consider myself a traditionalist or provisionist) I still do very much see OSAS in scripture (even as I heavily critique my own Reformation rooted ideologies in so doing). Perhaps a testimony toward a sense of legitimacy therein. But hopefully not to the extent of being overbearing.

When my friend from 7k miles away brought up that she wanted to do a YT video about the dangers of OSAS…while OSAS myself, I gave her some arguments on my side explaining myside, while telling her: “You can go to Hosea for example to display your concern for those you feel they can or might lose salvation.” She was very focused on the being married aspect to a relationship with God. And cheating on your spouse was a real issue for her. So I assisted from how she was looking at to highlight her concerns and keep her a bit out of the fray of backlash she would not intend for herself. I vowed to help her honestly form her own senses about a non-Osas position as much as I honestly with integrity could. Building up her steel man argument in it…all the while her knowing i differed. This was meant as a gesture of love and deeper learning for myself. I have never seen a strong video debate that was strong on the non-osas side. But I was willing to walk through the valley of uncertainty where i may not understand correctly with this friend of mine. Overtime, I see attributes of this mature fruit also forming in this forum. I hope we can be a testimony of Christ great love in your life as well brother. Blessings.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks Ed for your kind outlay here. My take on what you are asking as it relates to Heb 10:26 is refined to a particular point. We are told that the sin that is willful is understood to not be covered by a sacrifice. This would force early believers to work through OT scripture in what that meant. Once they did that they would see many willful sins that did have sacrifices applied. There of course were death penalty to some, like adultery, but the one spoken of as “having no offering” would be the one that defies the law of God because it is His law. Those had to be put out of the camp. There would be no sacrifice for them. And that is what one in early Christianity could and should conclude about Heb 10:26. This position RADICALLY affirms that Christ is the Word and the Way and THE NEW THING God is ABSOLUTELY doing.

Once early believes looked into Leviticus it would become clear that this was talking about not receiving the truth of Christ, but trying to stay connected to OT ceremony. It called them to a point of decision. Which seems to also be inferred in “go on sinning” as in many…not just one. A patience God afforded theme in what for some would be a difficult transition. The temple was close to being destroyed. Once it had, the freshness of this perspective for early believers would be even more heightened to realize the context of meaning for them.

As for Heb 6, well my understanding of this I have not found in commentary…or ft i had it was like in only one or something…lol. I see Hebrews as a transitional book. Like Acts. In fact I see quite a bit in scripture as contextually best understood in a transition period from OT to New Testament belief and foundation (not everything of course, but quite a bit more than seems to be understood as such–thus my coming out of Calvinism is a testimony to better understanding the word, i believe, as doctrines that are best rightly divided in transition…it cleared up a lot of confusion).

So for Heb 6, well, they were alive at a time the word of God was still being written. In addition, God was moving away from His covenant with Israel and giving the priveldge to the gentile world (the priveldge to carry His word to the unbelieving world). So you have two major thematic shifts.

1. From OT to NT
  2. From Jews to Gentiles as the official Reps for God

These are two MAJOR shifts. Either one is huge in digesting. It would be many more times that for the early church as well. One thing during the writing of the word they would have exposure to that post 1st century believers would not, are those activities God would involve Himself in toward His church. There were activates in the spirit that affirmed a New Testament was being written and testified to Christ as God’s confirmed new work in His revelation of Himself. So when Heb 6 mentions about partaking of the spirit and powers of the age to come, I believe this was something much more powerfully presented to that age. The exposure to the spirit’s activity at such a time of revealing (like those condemned in Romans 1 are for general revelation) placed them in a more dangerous time of consideration.

Remember when Christ said that if Tyre and Sidon had the miracles in them hat the 1st century did, those cities would have repented? Well this 1st century was that age that did have it. So to me, the fact that God’s very own Son and the Helper the Spirit afreshly visiting upon the new church would be a unique period in time. I do not believe a believer can commit the unpardonable sin in our age but certainly during the tribulation, yes, they could as well (in proportion to the magnanimous overtures of God’s supernatural workings within an age).

Think upon this adversely. Lets look at 1,000 years later or all along the way. Animal sacrifices and the OT ceremonial system stopped officially in 70 AD. So there would be no real possibility of Jews to return to their complete OT ceremonial system over the ensuing centuries. The Jews even lost their country. So the events passionately portrayed in Hebrews, I see as a testimony juxtaposed to the then recent true sacrifice, Christ. Until 70 Ad, that sacrificial system still had a strong presence as well as an open opportunity (limited in time). The animal sacrifice system that existed after Christ’s resurrection would no longer be a system God would honor. And helping people of that time shift so great a shift from that, is how I understand these concerning Hebrew verses (as written to the Hebrews for intent). Context is hugely important here. And never is it outside of coming to an understanding. For Israel was destroyed and out of the picture early on. And that would give those later like us opportunity to reflect back (with our great wealth of theological minds since), as well as those nearer to that day Hebrews was written to freshly consider the amazing context they now find themselves in (a world where Israeli ceremonial system was gone…along with the very country itself).

Hope that helps somewhat brother. God bless.

2 Likes

The system of Discourse is a nightmare to follow the replies! Some replies disappear automatically!

About OSAS, I found this (make it simple):

John 8.31: Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

We can also add that some OSAS followers say “Sola scriptura”, that’s true but their mantra is not clearly in the Bible.

Be careful that no one deceives you!

2 Likes