August 27, 2023: 1 John 4 -- Do I Believe Every Spirit?

:bible2: 1 John 4 – Do I Believe Every Spirit?

Pastor JD :hawaiianshirt_2: poses three questions concerning the exhortation to test the spirits to see whether or not they are from God.

Watch on JDFarag.org

IMG_20230804_232429_213

Or watch here on youtube

:mag_right: More recent services can be watched here!

10 Likes

This is soooo good you will thank me!
1:28:18 mins
The Bema

4 Likes

This will be interesting as I will provide some “test the spirit” exercises here, hehe

Dallas Jenkins (born July 25, 1975) is an American film and television director, writer and film producer. He is best known as the creator, director and co-writer of The Chosen, the first multi-season series about the life of Jesus of Nazareth. Jenkins’ career is focused on faith-based media.

Test No 1: What is wrong in this picture? What DJ is implying his allegiance to?

4 Likes

I have 60 articles exposing “The Chosen” and Dallas Jenkins.
So Far :frowning:

Yet millions of “professing believers” love the “show”.

jesus Watchman hated

5 Likes

Test 2: Are these people preaching Jesus of the Bible or another Jesus?

A gentle reminder:

3 Likes

This is so well done, Stacey. I have seen it before; maybe you shared it before. I watched it again and cried again as the idea is so powerful that we must be diligent about our walk with the Lord and loving others daily. I want to be that prayer warrior, that sharer of the gospel to everyone I meet. I don’t want to stand before the Lord empty handed. What we do for Jesus the Christ is not in vain!

6 Likes

Carole, that makes me happy you were inspired. :blush:
I have shared it a few times in here for the newbies in case they might want to watch it. I love the Bema… i think i’ve watched it 3 times… always keeps me hoping soon we’ll be there any day now.

5 Likes

Test No 3: Christian Nationalism - A more subtle form of deception

2 Likes
1 Like

Thank you Pastor JD…I love John and I love spending time in John and gaining a much deeper understanding of the Scriptures and applying it to my life and especially the times we are living in.
His love for his flock reminds me of You, who love, lead, feed & teach, encourage, watch over, guide and protect us as our earthly Good Shepherd and I thank God for you and for placing you in charge, An awesome responsibility for an awesome man of God for times such as these!!!
Please Lord Your richest blessings on Pastor JD and each family member

8 Likes

Test the “spirit” of “Judging”.

There is a problem within the church today regarding “Judging”.

This is easily dispelled by realizing / learning, that to “judge” has two different meanings. In scripture we are told both to judge, and, not to judge.

There are 641 times in scripture, in the NKJV, that the words judge, judging, and judgement are used. It is important that we have a “right” / proper / godly understanding of this issue.

Two (2) “forms”? So what is the difference?

1. judge = discern / rightly divide
  2. judge = condemn

Know the difference, in each situation, and be aware of which form of “judgement” you, or they, or the scriptues, are actually doing/using.

One of the most commonly misquoted, out of context, bible verses there is, is often heard from the lips of non-believers, and sadly, from unlearned believers as well :

Matthew 7:1-2
1 “Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
(which form is this?)

When you read the verse(s), by simply replacing the words “judge / judging”, with “condemn / condemning”, or with “discern / discerning” you will usually be able to easily decide which is the proper “form”, in context.

(Now as you go through these verses, properly identify which “form” is being used, and some verses contain both.)

Leviticus 19:15
“‘Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.

Proverbs 31:9
Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

1 Corinthians 6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Luke 12:57
“Why don’t you judge for yourselves what is right?

John 7:24
Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”

Romans 3:4
Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: “So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge.

1 Corinthians 6:2
Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?

John 12:47
And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

######################################

I don’t “judge” (condemn) any person … but I rightfully, and biblically, CAN and DO “judge” (discern / rightly divide) a person’s words, actions, and especially, their teachings. Why? Because doctrine/teaching is important … God says so, and because God calls us to judge :

1 Timothy 4:16
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Gift of Discernment - Dr. Michael Youssef -

Judging verses Discerning, Is There A Difference?

Thank you Pastor JD. That was a very good sermon that we all need to be reminded of from time to time as we as fallen humans often have a short memory.

I would only ask if on the next reminder, you expand not just false teachers of scriptures but also false teachers of other narratives. I speak mainly of the now many of thousands of content creators that pump out tons of false information that are not directly related to scripture. I am speaking of things like flat earth, conspiracy theories that often get spewed based on little to no solid evidence other than what has been passed from one to another.

Sadly we are at a point in time where knowledge has grown but not all of it useful knowledge. We saw that during the pandemic. There was the official government narrative which we all know now was wrong and their was the attempt to counter it with real facts not made up facts. That sad part of that is many that tried to counter it are now branching into Christian groups as that was the place of the largest numbers of resisters to the official narrative. As such they are now mixing scripture with their facts and making claims that now defy their own attempt to set the record straight.

With so many watching current events thanks to the likes of Rush Limbaugh who started it all with his radio program it has expanded to folks like Alex Jones. And now we have an internet of Rush and Alex wannabes pumping out tons of unverified information like saying something is of HAARP. None of them have looked into HAARP because if they did they would find that the US Navy and USAF have ceased that location as research facility and turned over operational control to a university in Fairbanks, AK. That happened 10 years ago so every claim of HAARP involvement since then is not true. The only time that HAARP is fired up now is for short periods of time where students and professors from around the country are doing short term experiements not lasting more than a few weeks at most. Yet hundreds if not thousands of so called influencers still make that claim.

The problem is that many well meaning Christians also fallow those many so called experts but are just fakers looking for their 15 minutes of fame and clicks to increase their income from advertisements. The problem is growing that many Christians follow such people and as they are led astray by them, it starts to affect their world view as well as their Biblical view and are then easily confused on matters of prophecy as well as secular matters happening in the world.

Yes even secular matters including technicological advancements are under God’s control and so nothing is truly secular but some so called influencers are and others are now making inroads into the Christian community because prophecy aligns in many ways with their outlandish claims.

So just as much as we need to be wary of pastors and ministers online so to we need to be wary of the many non Christian content providers as well. The two are slowly mixing and will likely lead to many more Christians buying into false information.

Daniel 12:4 "But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.” Yet not all knowledge is useful. The Gnostics or the early church held sway over many with their mysticism then and they again are doing it in this current time, mixing technology, with mysticism, with scripture deceiving many both Christian and non Christian. It is only a matter of time before the non Chrisitans one start to turn on the very Christians they are presently cozying up to. The attacks come from many quarters and are not limited to just pastors and ministers.

That being said I pray in your next time to warn of deception that you include all if not at least most of the many non Chritian sources that people tend to follow. They are the snare that many don’t ever see coming.

5 Likes

Doctrines of Demons !

A trans-identifying individual posted, “I was feeling sad today,” and so this person turned to AI for encouragement by asking ChatGPT to write a “fake Bible passage about Jesus accepting trans people.”

Here’s the text that ChatGPT came up with:

"And a woman, whose heart was divided between spirit and body, came before him. In quiet despair, she asked, ‘Lord, I come to you estranged, for my spirit and body are not one. How shall I hope to enter the kingdom of God?’

Jesus looked upon her with kindness, replying, ‘my child, blessed are those who strive for unity within themselves, for they shall know the deepest truths of my Father’s creation. Be not afraid, for in the kingdom of God, there is no man nor woman, as all are one in spirit. The gates of my Father’s kingdom will open for those who love and are loved, for God looks not upon the body, but the heart."

Here is a REAL bible passage :

1 Timothy 4:1

The Great Apostasy

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

ALERT - SEPTEMBER 1, 2023

Christianity Today Magazine PROMOTES Pastor’s using AI Sermons / ChatGPT ! … RUN !!!

"Many have cautioned that AI will have an ideological bias, but we can actually use the intelligence of ChatGPT to “examine whether our words could unintentionally offend congregants with different political identities and positions.” = WOKE HERETICAL TEACHING !

“As a young pastor who is optimistic about what role AI can play in my work, I recently spent six months exploring whether ChatGPT could be beneficial to my own ministry. After using this tool for half a year, I believe AI offers ways for pastors to more efficiently work and balance their many responsibilities.

Yi-Li Lin is the pastor of Chung Po Presbyterian Church, Taiwan.

This article appears here as the result of a partnership between Christianity Today and Campus Magazine, a Taiwanese Christian publication.

AI replacing psychics as ‘fortune telling’ droids put tarot readers out of work

EXCLUSIVE: “Experts” claim bot fortune tellers are better than real ones because they can draw on wisdom from a vast database and are ‘unaffected by human emotions or preconceptions’

1 Timothy 4:1

The Great Apostasy

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

A Texas church has used ChatGPT to create an entire church service and worship experience, but even the power of A.I could not make them less heretical or more theologically sound.

Violet Crown City Church in Austin, TX, LGBTQ-affirming ‘church’ associated with the United Methodist. Though masquerading as Jesus-followers, a quick perusal of their statement of faith shows how off the wall they genuinely are.

“Jesus is the lens through whom all scripture is interpreted. For example, if Jesus is God, and the God we read about in the Hebrew Bible (the Old Testament) seems really angry and violent at times, but the Jesus we know isn’t angry or violent at all, then we probably need to take another look at those stories and question if they are actually reflective of who God is. Spoiler: they’re not.

Jesus is like a colander for truth (but not pasta). When you’re reading the Bible, pour it through the Jesus colander. If it’s small and ultimately inconsequential for a life of faith, or not something Jesus would have said, thought, believed, or done, then it’s okay to let it pass through.”

1 Like

Test the “spirit” of Climate Change.

International scientists have jointly signed a declaration dismissing the existence of a climate crisis and insisting that carbon dioxide is beneficial to Earth, contrary to the popular alarmist narrative.
8/29/2023

9/9/2023

“In addition, [climate models] ignore the fact that enriching the atmosphere with CO2 is beneficial,”

“Not only, as I understand it, are these extreme weather events not increasing, but our ability to mitigate them has increased. So they’re just not as much of an issue,” Mr. Clauser said, adding later, “This worry about CO2, the worry about methane, the worry about global warming, is all a total fabrication by shocked journalists and or dishonest politicians.”

9/9/2023

9/9/2023

All supposedly caused by “Global Warming”

New mutant Dengue outbreak in Bangladesh is worst ever in the country killing 600 – And of course they blame climate change!

2023-09-11

nwo global warming proof

4 Likes

That person is crazy I think, Romans 1 come to play

(Rom 1:18) For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
(Rom 1:19) because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them.

ChatGPT can only suggest or spit out any content which can be untrue.

2 Likes

Test No 4: The spirit behind Reawaken America Tours and Trump

Last year Trump spoke in antichrist Moonie ( Unification Church) Rally of Hope: He is supportive of uniting all religions

1 Like

Cyrus was Zoorastrian.

Test the spirits

Have you ever prayed, really prayed hard, really prayed consistently, for many years, for a specific spiritual gift?
I did, and guess what God graciously gave me? :slight_smile:

But beware what you ask for, and be apprised as to the results of being blessed with that “gift”.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

jesus false discernment

jesus false satan angel of light

jesus Watchman hated

5 Likes

Not specifically a spiritual gift per se but a gift none-the-less.

God in His mercy and grace answered my prayer - in spades.

The answer remains an unbrideled (sic) blessing but sometimes…oftentimes… I really wish I’d paid more attention to the cautionary events concerning King Hezekiah (2 Kings 20).

Still, let it never be said God does not answer those who keep asking.

7 Likes

I did, I regret asking for it and I struggle with it: Patience.

That is, if you call patience a gift and I’d have to say in this day and age, and certainly upon the internet - it’s a gift to have. But attaining it is something I don’t wish on the faint of heart. Other gifts I’ve used for awhile now.

Have a blessed day, brethren. Let’s continue the tongue and groove of our shields.

8 Likes