August 29, 2021: Bible Prophecy Update

Agreed! I have a neighbor who is retired military and has stated from the minute they came out he would never take the vax. He said when he went to the VA several months ago to see his Dr. a man approached him when he came out of the building and asked if he wanted to be vaxxed. (Interesting it wasn’t inside and/or his Dr.) My neighbor said he told the man to “Get away from me; I don’t want the vax!” and he can get fairly adamant.

When I mention anything about the Lord he usually “has to go” quickly so I doubt he’s a believer.

2 Likes

Did anyone make the connection about how 5 is Penta is Greek. And g stands for gram.

Hence… 5G = pentagram.
Weapon of Satan

3 Likes

@Liza I’ve been hearing about and studying end-time Biblical events, including the rapture since I was 13. I’m now 67. This post is not meant to debate anyone and I respect other points of view that are non-salvation issues, as is the timing of the rapture. You expressed some confusion and wanting to know more. The following are what I’ve experienced and observed around this subject:

*The first time I recall hearing about the rapture was in the early-70’s when I was a young teen. The youth I knew who were on fire for the Lord were excited that the rapture was any minute. Hal Lindsey’s best-selling book, “The Late, Great Planet Earth” was published in 1970, shortly after the Six-day War in Israel.

"In The Late Great Planet Earth , Lindsey wrote that the biblical prophets identified certain nations that would ally with other countries to form “four major spheres of political power” during the same era that Israel would be reestablished as a nation. Lindsey wrote that these nations and their allies can be identified as: (1) Russia with its allies, (2) China with other nations of the Orient, (3) Egypt with other Middle East countries, and (4) an alliance of Western European nations.

According to Lindsey, the alliance of Western European nations is a revived form of the ancient Roman Empire, predicted in the books of Daniel and Revelation symbolically as ten horns and ten kings. In The Late Great Planet Earth , Lindsey quotes from a 1969 Time Magazine article that the goal of the European Economic Community, which preceded the European Union, was to establish a ten-nation economic community. Lindsey concludes, based on this and other sources, that this alliance will help cause the fulfillment of this prophecy and will ultimately be ruled by the Antichrist." (Ref: Hal Lindsey - Wikipedia)

During this time two main topics dominated the MSM - the Vietnam War and the unrest/wars in the Middle East with American administrations working to advance peace talks between Israel and the Arab nations. Many were “positive” that Henry Kissinger was the AC. Why? Because he was the U.S. Secretary of Sate during which time the following happened:

" Kissinger delayed telling President Richard Nixon about the start of the Yom Kippur War in 1973 to keep him from interfering. On October 6, 1973, the Israelis informed Kissinger about the attack at 6 am; Kissinger waited nearly 3 and a half hours before he informed Nixon.[102] According to Kissinger, he was notified at 6:30 a.m. (12:30 pm. Israel time) that war was imminent, and his urgent calls to the Soviets and Egyptians were ineffective. On October 12, under Nixon’s direction, and against Kissinger’s initial advice,[103] while Kissinger was on his way to Moscow to discuss conditions for a cease-fire, Nixon sent a message to Brezhnev giving Kissinger full negotiating authority.[104] Kissinger wanted to stall a ceasefire to gain more time for Israel to push across the Suez Canal to the African side, and wanted to be perceived as a mere presidential emissary who needed to consult the White House all the time as a stalling tactic.[104]"

(Ref. Henry Kissinger - Wikipedia)

There’s a lot more that happened in the above event which one can read at the reference link. Just wanted to provide some background on why Kissinger was the 70’s candidate for the AC. And he’s Jewish, having been been born in the former Wiemar Republic (now Germany). Interestingly, Kissinger is still alive at age 98 and, from what I’ve read, meets with each incoming president. I think I saw a photo of him talking with President Trump shortly after the latter was elected.

The Vietnam War ended in disaster (sound familiar?), President Reagan was the U.S. president from January 20, 1981 - January 20, 1989, the Berlin wall was taken down and Germany re-united, the former Soviet Union was trying to rebuild as Russia, and China, after President Nixon’s intervention, was now a more “open” country. In the world of Bible prophecy, Christians were again talking about the rapture being very soon, specifically Rosh Hashana 1988. Why? A booklet written and published by a former NASA engineer, Edgar C. Whisenant, called “88 Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988.” Personal computers were still new (and expensive!!!) the internet as we know it with browsers did not exist, but this prophecy from an unknown person spread like wildfire through the evangelical Christian community due to his appearance on TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network) and many Christian radio programs. (For those interested in this booklet and Whisenant’s reasoning, this is a good reference: 88 Reasons: What Went Wrong? | Christian Research Institute)

Events in the Middle East were still in the news in the 80’s:

Despite the Camp David settlement, peace remained elusive in the Middle East. An Egyptian–Israeli settlement could neither resolve the conflict between Israel and the Arab states nor bring stability and peace to the region. Anwar Sadat and Menachim Begin had achieved a limited peace between Egypt. Egypt, for its part, had abandoned the myth of Arab unity between the competing states of the region and pursued national interests. However, other conflicts were taking place in the region, including those arising from the Lebanese Civil War, which added to the fundamental failure to deal with the Palestinian question. The chapter first considers Israel’s invasion of Lebanon before discussing the Arab–Israeli conflict and the Palestinian Question, the Iran–Iraq war of 1980–1988, and the United States’s accusation that Libya was a supporter of ‘international terrorism’."

(Ref:https://www.oxfordpoliticstrove.com/view/10.1093/hepl/9780199693061.001.0001/hepl-9780199693061-chapter-17)

Whisenant’s book referenced current events and what he said would happen in the near-future - with specific dates for each event. Something that caught my attention while I was watching coverage of this guy’s prophecies on a Christian TV channel was that reports were coming in that people were so certain this prophecy was true that they were having their pets put to sleep so they wouldn’t be left behind to suffer. As a pet lover that greatly saddened me and it is one reason I will not pay attention to date setting. When a fairly recent date-setting occurred, I remembered this and searched online to see if people still did that ie. put pets to sleep if they were convinced a rapture date was true. What I found was more chilling. Many times after specific rapture dates have been widely broadcast, such as that of Harold Camping,etc., there are accounts and, tragically, more than one and over more than one prediction, of mothers killing their children. The reasons given range from “purifying them” to protecting them from what is to come. Obviously the mothers were severely mentally ill to begin with but one never knows what will push someone this ill over the edge. I realize these are exceptional circumstances but even one is too many, especially over a topic that can be disagreed upon by good people of equal faith.

Back to Edgar Whisenant. After Rosh Hashana 1988 came and went, Whisenant published another book, “The Final Shout: Rapture Report 1989,” saying that his calculations were off one year. He had lost credibility but that didn’t stop him. Before his death in 2001, he wrote two more books: “23 Reasons Why a Pre-tribulation Rapture looks like it will occur on Rosh-Hashanah 1993” and “And Now the Earth’s Destruction by Fire, Nuclear Bomb Fire” which was a prediction for 1994. (Ref.: Edgar C. Whisenant - Wikipedia)

Based on my personal experience from living through these rapture date settings, I personally do not believe date setting is scriptural. I speak only for myself. As for scripture references that tell us we will not know the day nor hour of the Lord’s return and, again, this is JUST my opinion - some reasons we are not to know could be we’d be like college students and wait until the last minute to “cram for exams” (ie. get our lives in order), do something stupid (like quit our jobs, sell everything and go wait on a hill like some religious group/s did in the 1800’s), do something sad and/or tragic (I wonder how the people who put their pets to sleep by putting faith in Whisenant’s prophecy felt later), causing more anxiety for people who are already anxious (I know the rapture is our blessed hope but our enemy is subtle and sneaky and knows our personal vulnerabilities - do a search sometime on “I’m afraid of the rapture.” I’ve been amazed at how many testimonies are written by life-long believers or at least church attenders, some are pastor’s wives), and sheer disappointment when the date comes and goes.

There were a lot of world events happening in the 70’s and 80’s that sure looked like the rapture would come in those decades, including advancing technology as well as events in Israel, the Middle East, Europe, etc. Now even more signs are becoming evident.

I recently heard a wonderful teaching at our church titled “Our Blessed Hope” taught from 1 Thessalonians with emphasis on the church at Thessalonica being one of the most vibrant churches of that time despite the fact they were under severe persecution. A scripture was used in the teaching that I don’t recall having heard used for the purpose of “no one knows the day or the hour” or at least I don’t hear it often - Acts 1:7. Jesus had not yet ascended to Heaven and was speaking with His disciples who asked in verse 6, “When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?” Jesus answered in verse 7: “And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.” Our co-pastor said, "In other words, Jesus was saying, “It’s none of your business” then followed up with what would happen - the Holy Spirit would come upon them, giving them power to spread the Gospel. In 54 years of studying Bible prophecy, hearing countless sermons, going to prophecy conferences, my own study, etc. it was the first time my heart was truly settled on the issue; like “Oh…right. It’s none of my business…here’s what I should be doing.”

As far as the Jewish Feasts - I agree they can be a convincing study with the Feast of Trumpets being an obvious choice for the Rapture. From age 13 - 18 I lived in a predominately Jewish neighborhood which grew a deep love for the Jewish people in my heart. In a church of which I was a member for many years we had a number of Jewish believers and people like myself who had a special interest in and love of Israel so the church sponsored a Messianic service held on Friday nights. I have several books in my library on the Feasts of Israel, dating back to the 70’s or earlier so I’ve spent time reading/studying this angle. I’ve given this serious thought and study over the years. My main thought on the topic is that the Jewish feasts were given to…the Jews. I do believe they are a “type” of events yet to be fulfilled but could it be it will be the fulfillment of God dealing with Israel?

1 Like

What a wonderful post. Ty.

Great insight Violet. I never heard that. Thanks for sharing.

Hi! That’s a very thoughtful response! My story is just like yours! I know lots of people who are solid Christians most of their lives, actively so, like you said, and just don’t care or are just not aware of things. Maybe they had teaching that wasn’t so great.I really don’t know how. Something just occurred to me though. My history of sin(and maybe yours), is something God directly says “Don’t do it”. So His Word is really clear! (Ex. Don’t be drunk with wine, but be filled with the Holy Spirit). Maybe the sharp contrast of our experience with good and evil has kept us awake to God’s truth. Through leaning on Jesus as i was turning from and recovering from that awful season, His goodness and strength sustained me. Freedom from my sin made possible by His cross is a tangible reality. When the Bible says we will be caught up, I take God at His Word. No allegorizing, He means what He says. Not saying this makes me or anyone special or anything, but it could be a reason why. We can trust the Holy Spirit to lead us into the truth! God bless you! :grinning::heart::dove:

2 Likes

Hi again! Just wanted to share a verse about being saved. 1 Corinthians 6:11 says:
And such were some of you, but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God. :heart::dove:

4 Likes

Remember this: YOU CAN NOT WORK YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN!

Remember the Cross. Did the Thief have to do anything to be saved by Jesus? Yes. He had FAITH. He believed in his heart. Jesus knew his heart. I’m sure he repented if only in thought but God. John 3:17. God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world thru him might be saved.

Do not make it hard. You can not be plucked from his hand. Once saved always saved. Prayers and blessings your way.

1 Like

Wow!!

The church my son and I were attending before Covid is overrun currently with breakout and hospitalization, and unfortunately, some deaths. Many, many of the congregation took the vaxx. Even the large church’s ministry team was sickened to the point of not being able to function. Many very unwell, unable to fill the needs of so many when everyone is ill. Hospital and staff are overrun and exhausted.
Very good and loving people… but unfortunately, they shun the truth of the rapture of the church.

4 Likes

I’m not exactly sure where my church stands on the vax. I haven’t been going there long but the pastor is an excellent Bible teacher and Biblically sound. The teach a pre-trib rapture. Their main ministry is going out into the streets to witness plus they have a nursing home and prison ministry. Probably others but those are the ones of which I’m sure. Masks are not required, I rarely see them worn, and the church is pretty well packed out for all services, including Thursday night mid-week.

One night our pastor referred to Covid as a bioweapon. Good start. What I don’t hear is mention of the vax from the pulpit. The few people I’ve spoken to, stating I don’t want to take the jab, if it’s in the sanctuary the person I’m talking to looks around furtively then says quietly, “I don’t either.”

Here’s what I do know: Last summer (before I attended) several members of this church got Covid. I had heard a member of our congregation successfully came off a ventilator and I had met him previously so I approached him and asked if he minded sharing his experience with me. I would estimate the man to be early 40’s. He related he became so ill the second week Covid went to the ER and actually argued with the nurse to PLEASE put him on a ventilator as he said he was basically suffocating. The nurse told him that very few people came off ventilators alive but he insisted. He said it was much harder on his wife and young, pre-teen children as he was unconscious. Don’t know how many days he was on it, but he was successfully taken off and now one would have no idea of his ordeal by looking at him - very healthy. I asked, given his experience, if he would recommend the vax. He said now that he has natural antibodies he won’t take it but doesn’t feel comfortable advising others BUT he did caution me to research the vax thoroughly first because “it’s not really a vaccine, it’s genetic modification.” That said a lot.

Thinking that was our only case, I mentioned to a wonderful lady in our church that I would never have imagined J. had been on a ventilator. To my surprise she said, “Oh yes! My husband became ill at the same time but was able to stay at home and my father-in-law died of it, but he had a lot of underlying conditions.” I asked about her and she said she never got it. Now here’s the interesting thing - The wife’s husband who got Covid but stayed home is the head security person for our church. (We have a room with monitors that show our parking lot, all doors, and the sanctuary which is manned during services.) He sits in the second row from the front. After I’d visited for awhile, he invited me to come sit with his family. The man sits in the first spot by the aisle in the pew, next his wife who relayed this info to me, then me, then the man’s mother (I would estimate her in mid-70’)s, then his sister. One day there was a chair at the far end of the aisle next to the sister. The mother introduced me to him - I think he’s her brother. She said, “He sits there because there are people who aren’t vaccinated.” That tipped me off that some are, and probably her. And I’d been sitting very close to her for weeks. The other thing is that J., the man who was on the ventilator, is also a member of the security team and good friends with this family.

Tonight is the memorial for a man in our church I’d estimate to be mi-late 70’s. Due to my struggles with depression/anxiety, I haven’t been in church for a month, thus I was really surprised to hear that this man, who was an usher and always kidded me, was in ICU. I asked one of the ladies who took me under her wing what happened. She said, somehow he got Covid “or whatever it is” (her words) and for some reason blood clots got into his lungs. He’d had leukemia for years and had only 30% kidney function due to his lifestyle prior to conversion. Last Wed. I ran into the other woman who befriended me and asked how he was. She said, “He’s off the ventilator.” I took that as great news, thus was surprised and saddened when I heard he died Saturday evening at home. The “blood clots in his lungs” sounds like a vax reaction to me but, especially now, asking if he was vaxxed would be very rude and perhaps hurtful to those who loved him so.

I began thinking, “Maybe I should stay away from there for awhile but, especially given my solitary life and truly needing a family of believers, I’m trusting the Lord to keep me safe.” My mother’s memory facility has re-opened to visitors and an article in our local paper said Covid/Delta/whatever is now subsiding and hospitals are not as overrun. Weird how it spikes up and down.

3 Likes

History repeats itself but with a more sinister agenda I’m afraid.

2 Likes

The church I go to is very pro vaxx and they were even a vaxx site for injections. I am not going to go there anymore. Almost everyone there is vaccinated and so proud of it.

I have a friend who is a Cherokee/Osage Indian. He warned me long before Covid not to ever get anything with 5G in it. I wouldn’t anyway. JC said the 5G is very dangerous.

1 Like

The Lutheran church I attend shuns the truth of the Tribulation period altogether. I am not attending there anymore. If I cannot find a church that preaches true Gospel, then I will stay home and watch Hibbs and Farag online and split my tithe between them.

5 Likes

Linda,

I feel the same. Finding it so difficult to find a solid church, and so grateful for pastor JD, and others like him, like Jack Hibbs. :pray:t2:

6 Likes

Holli, I agree and it is becoming epidemic throughout much of the country. I am so thankful for the teachings of Calvary Chapel preachers. We do Bible study from JD’s online sermons. I went there today to get his views on Ezekiel 40-48 and was so disappointed he has not yet done one.

1 Like

Thank you so very much for all your effort in compiling this beautiful piece, makes so much sense & I appreciate you sharing :pray:

The spike protein from covid-19 causes blood clots too.
I had a blood clot in my ring finger not too long after having Covid-19 back in February 2020.
I put myself on fish oil to help thin my blood.

But I treated myself with the antivirals that I knew about at the time, I am sure they helped me.
Sounds like most people are not taking anything and going to hospital once bad enough. If only they knew.

1 Like

You may believe but that does not make you the “I am”.
I agree with the first three sentences.
The fourth sentence is a very tricky one indeed.

2 Likes