šŸ„° Bible Multi Free Offline Apps

• What is incredible with previous image is the probability to have the sentence ā€œGod said behold the woeā€. It was really random, I didnā€™t even know what woe was! English is not my first language.
3 Likes

Version 1.17.0 of ā€œThe Lifeā€ is on the road :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

ā€¢ Search for specific favorites
ā€¢ Fix: German translation (Thanks ptC7H12)
ā€¢ Fix: Portuguese translation (Thanks Danesc)

** All The Glory To God :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Good news: Google said me ā€œThe Lightā€ is back on Android TV.

If we still have problem to install it, now we have the side load note to do it :relaxed:

How to install ā€œThe Lightā€ on Android TV if the app is not in Android TV Store?

2 Likes

Work in progress in ā€œThe Lifeā€ version 1.18.0:

• Scroll view on top of screen with all history entries

2 Likes

Version 1.18.0 of ā€œThe Lifeā€ is on the road :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

ā€¢ History view in main screen

** All The Glory To God :heart::two_hearts:

2 Likes

ā€œThe Lightā€ and ā€œThe Lifeā€ have a brother: ā€œThe Son Of Manā€

For the story: itā€™s a python Terminal appication, Iā€™ve created after ā€œThe Lightā€ and before ā€œThe Lifeā€

These week, I did a rebirth of the project and created a Snap package for Linux (AMD64).
i will try to build it for ARM64.
The app is very low in memory and CPU usage :relaxed:

** All The Glory To God :heart::two_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

ā€œThe Son Of Manā€, after Snap package, is now available on PyPi (Python Official Repo Website).

To install it on a machine with Python 3.8+:
$ pip install sonofman

Tested on Linux Ubuntu, Linux Mint and MacOS.

This package should probably work on ARM too.

** All The Glory To God :heart: :two_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I updated the page of the project:

1 Like

ā€œThe Son Of Manā€, pip package (PyPi) works on arm7 (32 bits). Tested on raspberry pi 3b+ with DietPi. A really fast OS with low ram. The package should also work on arm6 and arm8 (64 bits).

Itā€™s a really good news because I saw the package was installed a lot in 2 days. Maybe by some programmers but not only. Maybe young children/developers on raspberryā€¦

+120 times the first day
+62 times the second day.

Rem: my old packages (before 1.4) were still installed each day since 4-5 years. With 70 installations a week. But we are currently at 62 a day!

1 Like

ā€œThe Son of Manā€:

1 Like

ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ is now on Flatpak (Linux for AMD64, ARM64):

For ARM32, please use PyPi package.

1 Like

Version 2.0.0 of ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ is on the road (so check PyPI, Snap, Flatpak) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

ā€¢ English Bible: KJV 2000 (modern English)
ā€¢ French Bible: Ostervald
ā€¢ Portuguese Bible: Almeida Corrigida Fiel
ā€¢ German Bible: Schlachter
ā€¢ 2 color modes (with/without colors)
ā€¢ +Articles
ā€¢ +Youtubers
ā€¢ LEFT/RIGHT to browse articles/parables
ā€¢ Fixes

** All The Glory To God :two_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Version 2.1.0 of ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ is on the road (so check PyPI, Snap, Flatpak) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

ā€¢ History
ā€¢ Cross references
ā€¢ Context menu
ā€¢ +Color modes

2 Likes

Version 2.2.0 of ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ is on the road (so check PyPI, Snap, Flatpak) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

ā€¢ Favorites
ā€¢ Search in favorites (F6 or F)
ā€¢ Open/Copy an URL (ENTER)

(Developed in emergency mode)

EDIT: Open/Copy is functioning on PyPI but not on Flatpak (I know the problem) and probably not on Snap (itā€™s a sandbox too). The most important are the Favorites and Search.

1 Like

Version 2.3.0 of ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ is on the road for PyPI :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It will be published on Flatpak, Snap when I will solve the problem of import an extra lib (pyperclip) and maybe permission to access a browser outside the sandbox. If you know how to do it, send me an email.

Rem: your emails are always welcome :heart:

ā€¢ Clipboard (C)

So you can copy verses and chapters in the clipboard before paste the content in forumsā€¦ and evangelize internet.

1 Like

Version 2.3.0 of ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ is published on Flatpak :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Should be visible on their store today.

FYI: was not easy ^^ but the Lord helped me.
You will be able to add verses/chapters to the clipboard and paste it outside flatpak.
The URL in the articles: Youtubers/Podcasts are also clickable (just press ENTER).
If a browser doesnā€™t open, the URL is copied in the clipboard.
In this situation, paste it in a browser.

The Snap package is next :slight_smile:

1 Like

My videos of ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ On Asciinema :smiley:

https://asciinema.org/~hlwd

** All The Glory To God :heart::two_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Version 2.4.0 of ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ will contain: the highlight search. When you search an expression, the beginning of the expressions found will be highlighted for example in red as background. You can select the color and attributes like for the Bible verses. It was difficult :sleepy: to implement because all lines are wrapped. I also removed a library for the wrapping of verses and made my function. This was easy and should be faster.

** All The Glory To God :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart:

1 Like

Another good news (received today) is that the app ā€œThe Son Of Manā€ (Flatpak package) will be included in the next version of UbuntuCE Linux distro. I will give you the links.

Ubuntu Christian Edition is a free, open source operating system geared towards Christians. It is based on the popular Ubuntu. Along with the standard Ubuntu applications, Ubuntu Christian Edition includes the best available Christian software. The latest release contains GnomeSword, a top of the line Bible study program for Linux based on the Sword Project. There are several modules installed with GnomeSword including Bibles, Commentaries, and Dictionaries. Ubuntu Christian Edition also includes fully integrated web content parental controls powered by Dansguardian. A graphical tool to adjust the parental control settings has also been developed specifically for Ubuntu Christian Edition. The goal of Ubuntu Christian Edition is not to bring Christianity to Linux but to bring Linux to Christians.

2 Likes

I will stop the migration of ā€œThe Lifeā€ to Windows for a moment to see what happens. Since 2 days, I have too much stress and already have a lot of stress everyday (my father, my wicked neighborsā€¦). I think I will be too late to finish the migration and have several programming issues not easy to solve on Windows. I really need a break and understand some youtubers.

2 Likes

Hey @hotchiwawa

Amazing, we need more Christians in app development!

Iā€™ve included some feedback below to assist the development process and to improve your app usability. Iā€™ve created apps in the past but my primary focus was games programming with Java so I know a decent amount about software development which helps my ability to critique.

All notes below are from ā€œThe Lightā€ app. Running it on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ OS 11.

1. After the language selection pop-up I think the app should take you straight to the Bible since thatā€™s itā€™s primary purpose. (Gen 1:1) It took me a while to figure out how to get to the actual Bible as well and how to navigate.

2. The help text should be solely focused on providing app assistance rather than having other topics. I would add a separate page for details about yourself, contact information, another page again for info on the rapture and those left behind etc.

3. Thereā€™s some grammatical issues on the help page which I can help you with if you want.

4. Creating a new tab brings me to a blank page where Iā€™m not able to do anything?

5. Searching only allows 4 characters minimum so you canā€™t search for ā€˜Godā€™ or ā€˜Jewā€™ etc.

6. When selecting a chapter the list should be columnised so you donā€™t have to scroll down to get to the bottom.

7. Iā€™d recommend having a ā€˜homeā€™ page where you can select what you want to do from there - especially if itā€™s your first time.

8. Consider adding a quick tutorial so users know how the app functions.

9. Grey out the left and right buttons on the help menu if you canā€™t navigate that direction. Such as trying to hit the left navigation arrow on the help tab.

10. I like the glowing icon of your other app more than the black one with crosses - itā€™s really eye catching and represents ā€˜the lightā€™ a bit more since itā€™s glowing.

11. On ā€˜multiā€™ mode you should pop up a message telling people to select a second Bible if they press ā€˜okā€™ with only one selected. At the moment it doesnā€™t do anything.

12. If I swap back to simple mode I still have 2 Bibles in the reading panel. (Or is each panel supposed to be independent to each other?)

13. In the settings, ā€˜search styleā€™ would be better defined as ā€˜search highlighting styleā€™.

14. It would be great to have other Bible versions selectable to compare between them (ESV, ISV, NKJV, NIV) since most people will want to see alternate translations between versions rather than the differences between the KJV versions.

15. Iā€™d like a ā€˜long holdā€™ option for each tab to perform actions on it rather than long holding to close a tab. Such as holding and drag a tab to rearrange it.

16. Consider the need for tabs at all. Generally most people would be satisfied with a 3 column passage comparison for those situations when you have to look up multiple verses from places all over the Bible. Once youā€™re done with one of the columns you can replace it with another verse.

17. To extend point #7 and point #16, I would love a home page with a list of predefined ā€œpage setupsā€ such as ā€˜regular Bibleā€™ (one thatā€™s just a basic full page Bible), a ā€˜language splitā€™ mode for reading in two languages at once), a ā€˜version splitā€™ (which has the same passage in different versions with linked scrolling so they both stay on the same verse) and a ā€˜study modeā€™ which can have different passages and different versions split up to 4 ways and independently scrollable.

Thatā€™s all I have for now, I hope this feedback will be useful to you, but overall itā€™s a very useful app particularly for Bible research and study.

Yours in Christ,
Chris

2 Likes