February 26, 2023: Bible Prophecy Update -- The Only Way Any of This Makes Any Sense

Thanks Stephanie. I appreciate you taking the time to read that. Being that it is fairly counterintuitive to a general drive in our forum, it means a lot that you took the time to read it. It’s not something that will go over too well here in our forum. That is awesome that you care to. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER – Please consider this reply Steph a general thesis. These are my thoughts upon the matter in a general sense and context. None of this is aimed at you. It is aimed rather at the issue under discussion and is meant in this way. If there are ways in contrast you feel are helpful to relay, they will be warmly received and appreciated in the context and of the heart in which you would make them. Please note the following is meant as generalities. And not specific addresses to how you have caringly and humbly in heart felt honesty brought things up out of your own heart as to how to consider.

Yes I believe it can be a foreshadowing and also used as focus of the real yet to come. I believe this can be helpful. And although I am not a fan of Pastor JD using 911 as an evangelical deception example (although in principle i am a truther). I don’t disagree with pointing to deception and as means to point to Christ. I’m actually rather very much on board with that sort of thing. Amen.

But is barrowing it as a foreshadow what is happening? That is not the sense i get. I guess one distinguisher would be equal weights and balances test perhaps. Are we able to see as much in the age of grace that points to Christ as we do with what we barrow from the tribulation? Perhaps in our sharing of the word or taking time with family and lost friends might answer yes in a way. If so amen. But in terms of public prophecy discourse the sense I get is that there are not equal weights and balances toward the age of grace presence of God to point to Christ prophetically. Maybe that might even sound like an impossibility. I would understand if it might. But one very simple test would be a) we are in the age of grace experiencing it. b) we are not in the tribulation yet. This is clear. So if we are not sharing as much about how God is working in our age of grace equally to what we barrow from the future…well…that is kind of a self evident thing i would reckon. That perhaps a yellow or orange flag might not be unreasonable on why that condition might exist.

I realize we are focusing on deception largely not so much as to borrow from the tribulation, but because there is so much of it going on today. I do get that. So i’m not saying any focus on deception is barrowing from the tribulation. I realize there are differences. But I would follow that up with: do we have a trend and pattern to blend current day deception in with trend and patterns to blend or merge them toward barrowed notions from the tribulation? And i think the answer to that is yes. So in a way that kind of tends to land us in the same place as though it were not about focusing on the deceptions of today, even though we are or trying to honestly. Amen.

I guess a question could be “Do we purposely look for God’s activity in His age of grace?” Or is that something that can mostly be summed up in “He is letting the NWO have their day, so the way we see God move today is through the NWO.” Which i hope that sounds frightening when put that way. I don’t think that is the best way to see God move today. He is transcendent. So I try to start there. And get a sense of what that might look like (although in part lol that is an exercise in futility because we can never transcend ourselves to catch up to Him…but we can grow in knowing Him better today in this way I believe).

The dangers I believe in over borrowing from the tribulation, is backward masking over the age of grace a veneer, not of deception, but our ideas about how God will be tomorrow. While it is still yet today and not tomorrow. A warming of an age to come in context to show even now is commendable. But to the degree it might plagiarize our God in His future could tend on places to compete what He is to us and our world today. And in that sense, the church may stray into areas of an inverse scenario of kind of what Israel did in the 1st century. Miss not what God will do, but what He was doing. At least in ways is kind of my concern. God when His patience is exhausted is the same God as today, but not the same context His nor we are in. Romans 2:4 – “Or despisest thou the riches of His goodness and forbearance and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” Or should we be saying “It is by the knowledge and insight of deception that we are led to repentance?” I just use this contrast to hopefully demonstrate a concern. During the tribulation, Romans will still be in the bible. And how people are to interpret that while in the midst of His having exhausted His patience is a quagmire for an age to come. Not our age today. And the context God is in today with us is Romans 2:4. The richness of His kindness and longsuffering is the Spirit of Revelation (as revealed in His word in Romans).

Well I hope this makes some sense in context. I appreciate dearly your taking the time to read and consider. You are a great blessing sister to so many…including of course, me. :slight_smile:

1 Like